Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heartfelt thanks to the Ski Club.

Poster: A snowHead
Following on from the other thread, I think that we owe the Ski Club a debt of thanks, for members only day. Without it we wouldn't have-

The PSB
The MSB
The EoSB
The Boot Clinic
The Summer Barbecue
The Northern Barbecue
Annual transceiver practice in Richmond Park
The Ski Tests
The Lardybus
The Lardy Boys
The annual lunatics trip to La Grave

I honestly could not have seen any of those things evolving into their current form if we hadn't been chucked off the Ski Club website. The bashes would be part of freshtracks and marketed as such. The great thing is that although admin has put lots of hard work in, so have many others, and rather than these events being the result of some sort of strategy, they've sprung up spontaneously in order to answer a need of the community.

I'd met up with some people from the Ski Club website before snowHeads was formed, it was a disaster. If not for MO day, I'd never have met a great bunch of people of all abilities to ski with, I'd never have visited Les Deux Alpes, I'd probably still be skiing on the piste... the list goes on.

So if Neil Britten was one of the people behind MO day, and now is Ski Club chairman, I wish him the best of luck. I feel that we've really moved on from that, I'm not sure why it's being discussed on our website, and I think that we're the better off for it. Very Happy

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 30-11-07 14:32; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kramer, Aaahhh, well said. Time for a group hug, anyone?

And, not only all of that, but..... membership is FREE!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kramer, ... well said - I agree wholeheartedly.... Very Happy snowHead

....although I do note that you have omitted to to include my fine voice in the list of 'wot we wouldn't have ...' Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kramer, very good points. I'd add to your list an event which took place only two weeks after snowHeads was born, thanks to Michelle's detective work:

Six snowHeads met at the site of the Lewes Avalanche (Snowdrop Inn)

BTW, If anyone's interested I'm giving a second slide-illustrated talk about the avalanche at the Snowdrop this December 27th (171st anniversary) at 2pm. Free event. All welcome!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Goldsmith, was there a Ski Club rep involved?

You never know, the Swiller clan might just be in the area that day!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Kramer, I think you forgot the Northern BBQ and the tranceiver hunt in Richmond Park.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Goldsmith,
Quote:

BTW, If anyone's interested I'm giving a second slide-illustrated talk about the avalanche at the Snowdrop this December 27th (171st anniversary) at 2pm. Free event. All welcome!

Will the event be fimed for skiTV Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
And to that list we should add:

Dawn Chorus
Word footy
That poemy thread thingy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman, I did say that it was things to be grateful to the ski club for! Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
and the Duck in Geneva airport thread Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
And this year the MBB!! Toofy Grin Which I had great fun at.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boredsurfin, well added
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
La Rosiere
Montalbert
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
... relatively free .... (non Sky) wholesome entertainment ... at the click of a mouse ... Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
BernardC, ...relatively wholesome wink
snow report
boredsurfin wrote:

That's at the top of my list of things to be thankful for.
ski holidays
Missed that one. What are you supposed to duck - low-flying aircraft?
ski holidays
David Goldsmith, the search facility is your friend. I suggest you look for the followingterms "Helen Beaumont", "rabbit", "geneva airport" and "dick"...
latest report
I think snowheads is fantastic. I also note that the SCGB membership grew well last year, too. MO day doesn't seem to have harmed it - and snowheads emerged. Seems a good thing all round. Odd how events can pan out.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 30-11-07 22:37; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Kramer, I was never involved with 'Another Place' , but am , and will remain, grateful for the fact that those disaffected have become friends and mentors.

Chapeau ... !
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
boredsurfin wrote:

That's at the top of my list of things to be thankful for.

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, Laughing
ski holidays
We wouldn't have had Martin Bells group of death at the Epic Academy Snowbird in 06, or half a chalet full of us at Wozza Smiths Verbier course in 07.

There must be dozens of "unofficial" meets throughout the years.
latest report
We wouldn't have an investigation into resort X?
You might want to add 'numerous xscape and other fridge meets'
snow report
All excellent things, I agree. I'm just not sure how relevant whatever is going on at the ski club is to us these days. Puzzled
snow report
Kramer, for a start, SCGB members can and do come over here following links form the forum site on relevant stuff - and join snowheads.

Another thing, some of the the LDA off-piste group I have got together [pimp time - still a spare space!] was formed from those who had read the SCGB site. But most of the advice I needed came from here in the first place - and I would not have come across easiski and the guide Manu Lestienne without snowheads. So although I may not be skiing with the SCGB as such next season, both sites have worked for me. Others will feel wholly committed to snowheads or the SCGB. So it goes.
snow report
achilles, Well said.

I do not see it as an 'either Snowheads or the SCGB' decision either.
ski holidays
achilles, but isn't your arguement about how relevent snowHeads is to the SCGB rather than the other way round?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
achilles, I don't either, many people including myself are members of both. I just don't see discussion of Ski Club policy on snowHeads as being particularly relevant to snowHeads.
snow report
Kramer wrote:
I just don't see discussion of Ski Club policy on snowHeads as being particularly relevant to snowHeads.

Quite possibly. For many it may be irrelevant or tiresome.

However, it is often the case that you will get more participation in a Ski Club discussion here than you will on the SCGB forum, which is usually fairly quiet.
snow report
Kramer, it's not really. But in the reps off piste discussion, I think there were points that cam up which were relevant to the wider community - I shall be making darn sure that the decisions about where the LDA group ski are collective when we don't have easiski or Manu with us!

Elizabeth B, I don't think I was trying to make an argument; just sharing a thought. I find both forums useful; I have friends in both I would not want to loose.
ski holidays
achilles, sorry, We seem to be on different tracks here. What I'm thinking is....what is the relevence of posting SCGB stuff on snowHeads? ie who would be interested that isn't already a member. I don't think there is any problem with either/both in terms of having to decide between the two.
latest report
Elizabeth B, Oh I see. Normally no relevance, I think. In the case of the latest reps ding-dong, though there was a core problem applicable to anybody who could be thought a party leader, so I think it was worth teasing out. Generally, I think SCGB in-house discussions should be shunted to the archived section.
snow report
Just realised Top Gear is on. What am I doing here? BFN!!
snow report
As the SCGB is a pretty snow centred operation I would of thought it a perfectly normal topic of debate on snowHeads. Those who are interested can read and/or participate, those who have no interest don't have to.
I'm a very inactive member and read some threads but the multi page debate on the repping services I missed most of.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy