Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Twin Tips and telecabins

Poster: A snowHead
Despite the mockery nature of the gloves topic (4 pages strong now!) Serious question for some other snowheads.
With my twin tips (bought last season) I have always been scared of putting them outside the telecabin - often they don't fit and so it has to go 1 -1 and that still makes me nervous that they will fall out. Either that or take them into the cabin much to the annoyance of some other people (though its ok when you are with mates)...Anyone else have the same problem and tips? I was thinking of using the bigger snowboard stowage place.....?
Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
the_aliasskier, I have this problem on some cabins, despite my skis not being "big" twin tips. I usually split them and put them in 1-1. Never had a problem with that.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
the_aliasskier, 1 and 1 is safe enough - it's the same way snowboards are held in, just put them in the ski ones, not the snowboard one, as they will have more room to swing around in it.. Never had a problem of my Seths falling out (or my old PEs either).
...Also, if you put them into 2 ski slots, then there will be 1 less person in the cabin! Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've had trouble in France with putting them on in one slot each - when I got to the top it was well stuck and had a bit of a panic that I'd be waiting for my skis to do a lap - They don't seem to have this problem anywhere I've been in the US or Canada!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I take my board in with me and balls to anyone who complains.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Swirly, why? Puzzled

Is there no room outside, or are you scared that it will fall out?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wear The Fox Hat, because I'm a sociopath.

I saw one fall out of the slots (fortunately still in the station) and since then have been worried it could happen to me. I tend to find the board doesn't fit properly as the binding sits on the top of the bucket rather than letting the board fill the bucket. I'm not explaining what I mean very well here. A better design would be something that had a bar you could stick the nose of the board under rather than just relying on the bucket. However, I imagine this wouldn't allow ski carriage very easily.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
the_aliasskier, no one has yet mentioned: split them up. Pair each with one of a mate's flat-tailed variety. End of problem.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quite often you can get them in one slot. You have to offset them slightly vertically and it's not something you want to try if you'rer last getting in. Otherwise a slot each is no problem.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
both in the snowboard slot works for me. Keeps those dodgy soft boot hippy longhair boarders out of MY cabin too.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Telecabin Puzzled Those tiddly 2 man gondolas?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Megamum, small gondola, takes more than 2 (6 or 8 IIRC), usually has bench seats and has slots outside to put your skis in. Sometimes the lifties take the skis off you and put them in the slot to stop you taking them into the gondola and/or to speed up the loading. You keep your poles with you.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
holidayloverxx, Ah....comprendo....Ta!! Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
666, right on. Vertical offset as you put them in and take them out. Once the tips are in they will usually level up ok. And try not to put them in the outermost slot.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
comprex, ohh thats good never thought of that one
cheers for all suggestions all!
snow conditions
I used to take my board in - having big feet, I had a wide board which wouldn't fit in the supplied slots. The first time I had this problem, the ski lift attendant shoved me inside and handed me the board.

I therefore assume it was perfectly acceptable
ski holidays
My twins rarely fit in the ski rack. My fat twin never fit in the ski rack. My fatter twins don't stand a chance.

Frankly, it's just easier to take them in with me, which of course can have two different consequences:

1) I'm very unpopular

or

2) I get a cabine all to myself!
ski holidays
I absolutely hate when people take skis in to the gondola. Especially twin tips. I was close to stabbing one in the bum last season at Stubai. >.<
snow report
Dare I ask what with?
snow report
Timmaah, sorry, dude. I do TRY to fit them in individually but my recent experience tells me that in Austria at least, ski racks are still designed for skis with a maximum tail of 90mm!
snow conditions
I remember Mr Snowy one year, not jamming his twin tips in the ski rack hard enough so spent the entire gondola trip with his arm out the window, holding one of his skis so it didn't fall off... Shocked rolling eyes
ski holidays
BruceW, I'll leave that to your imagination.

zammo, I was only kidding Wink It doesn't really bother me at all. (I've skied with the OP, hence the comment)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy