Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet Baggage Charge - sneaky increase?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
"1 Hold bag(s) per flight
between all passengers combined
£7.98
(total cost)

Each hold bag is charged at £3.99

Each passenger is entitled to carry 20 kg of hold baggage spread over a maximum of 8 hold bags. Excess weight fees will be payable at the airport if the total weight exceeds 20 kg. "

I thought it was £2.00 per bag each way if you paid online, £4.00 if you paid at the airport - where did £3.99 come from?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
holidayloverxx, Considering what an airline has to do to get you from A to B and at the price they do it at, I reckon it's the bargain of the century at thrice the price. Sneaky or not it's cheap. You can't send most small packages through the post for £3.99. Let's give airlines a break, they get us there.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
holidayloverxx, looks like it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I booked a flight on 15th November, and it was £3 for the one hold bag per flight.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller, It's not the fact that it's £3.99, it's the fact that yet again they change the rules without makign it clear they are going to. I expect you've done the maths before, by the time you get all the add ons it's not cheap at all, it's simply competetive. I just wish the likes of easyjet and ryanair wouldn't pretend they are cheap. I think it would work in their favour if they charged for everything up front and offered a discount for less baggage etc.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Helen Beaumont, 2 increases in a few months then. I paid £2 for the PSB flight.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bode Swiller wrote:
holidayloverxx, Considering what an airline has to do to get you from A to B and at the price they do it at, I reckon it's the bargain of the century at thrice the price. Sneaky or not it's cheap. You can't send most small packages through the post for £3.99. Let's give airlines a break, they get us there.

I'm wary of saying this. But once I again I agree. You see the final price before you buy, and you hit the confirmation button. Or you don't. Willing seller, willing buyer.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
achilles, not always so easy. i just did a test on ryanair and you have to put in passenger details before booking skis, then you see the full price. Why shoudl I have to go through several screens before I see the price? full marks to easyjet for now showing the price including taxes on teh first screen.

Yes, I'm a willing buyer but I don't like being treated like a fool - do they really think we won't notice? The fact is they don't care what we think about them as companies. Why should they, as you say willing buyer.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

But once I again I agree
achilles, careful, people will talk.

holidayloverxx, considering where you live I can understand why the no-frills airlines appeal. Until a "full fat" airline like BA starts flying from Stansted (some hope!) you're stuck with them and they know that. Flying is still sensationally cheap tho'. Twenty years ago I was paying over £200 for Heathrow-Munich, now it's £100.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bode Swiller, would you beleive, I rarely fly from Stansted. I can get to heathrow for free with my season ticket, Gatwick and Luton for about £3.00. Stansted is taxi or car parking usually (no train service), although I have been known to get the express bus if the timing is right. I probably sound like a cheapskate, but I go on so many holidays and short breaks that it adds up to a hell of a lot over the year - would probably pay for another holiday Shocked I have no preference for frilly or otherwise - it's the flight times that tend to sway me, especially if the overall price is similar.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
holidayloverxx, I agree about the RYanair thing. I booked a Turin to Brizzle flight at the same time as the Ej one, and had to fill in all details before I found out how much it would be . I knoew it wouldn't be a lot, as front page price was 0.01€ but even so.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ryanair have recently updated their site to state that "Fares include taxes, fees & charges", as a result of the EU report on misleading advertising and unfair practices - see http://www.euractiv.com/en/transport/eu-cracks-misleading-airline-ticket-advertising/article-168398.

However, they're likely to fall foul of the rules again, or force the rules to be updated, as the prices on the front page are "From £xx", so for example from Stansted to Gdañsk is shown as "From £5.00", but when you select the dates in accordance with their offer details (14 days in advance, Mon-Thurs + Sat, between 14/12 and 12/03), you get offered an outbound flight at £59.99 and a return flight at £0.01, and then when these are selected, you see that there are taxes of £25.20 outbound, and £4.99 on the way back, for a grand total of £90.19 (plus £14 if I have a bag to check in) - so the "From £5.00" is not inaccurate, as it reflects the return sector plus taxes - but the front page shows the price of flights from Stansted, so this is misleading.

I'm not saying that £90 return to Poland is not a good price - it is, and I'm sure its a popular and profitable service, and if I had to fly to Gdañsk I'd use it. However, I agree that seeing the full price up front would be desirable, and I suspect the EU may take a similar view eventually and force them to display a "typical" price, i.e. a price per adult taking a return journey with one bag to check in.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I think the advertising is dodgy plus the gimmicks for how they charge you and to check in at airport etc. Why dont they say the price is £z.Saying that I'm paying £42 inc 1 bag return bristol to turin and at that price I'm not whingeing about paying extra £30 for my skis
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
me and a mate had to pay £20 each way per ski bag to geneva via sleazyjet to take ski's out. when we suggested condensing both pairs into one bag we were told we couldn't do that as it went on weight so begrudgingly both coughed up the money. on the way back however put both pairs in the one bag and didn't even get charged to bring them back. think i'll try and avoid them in the future as the extra charge for ski's was almost as much as the flights! and because of their customer service skills or lack of
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy