Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where Near Salzburg Next Weekend!?!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening snowheads,

A little while ago I bought some flights to Salzburg - flying next Thursday evening, returning Saturday night (all for £20 ret inc Tax NehNeh) and all of a sudden i am only 1 week away from going! There are 3 of us going, we have a hire car booked, but currently have no where to go, and no accommodation booked Embarassed

I have had a reasonable look around at Schladming & Flachau, but am struggling to find some appropriate accommodation! As always, i would like to be close to the slopes/lifts, and not pay an extortionate amount - B&B type place is what i'm looking for. I also need to be able to park the car for 2 days (no idea if parking is a problem over there!?) As i will be skiing Friday/Saturday, i need a resort that is open during the week too.

Resort & Accommodation recommendations greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Chris
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hezza, I did the same thing last weekend (Fri Morning - Sun Night) flying out of Coventry. We ended up going to Obertauern which is about 90km from the airport, mostly on the motorway, so it only took around an hour.

We stayed at the Auarhahn Aparthotel B&B and it was about €160 for 2 nights. Was very impressed with the service there, they let us check in early on Friday and and check out late on Sunday so we could stay out boarding all day. It was situated right next to a 6-man lift too, so easy access to the slopes. The only downside was it was a 15-20min uphill walk back to the centre of Obertauern, but we found this helped build up a hunger! They also had plenty of parking at the hotel.(although we got a taxi so didn't use it).

http://www.auerhahn-obertauern.at/

the Obertauern website is pretty good too. Worth a look:

http://www.obertauern.com
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hezza, Hi, Myself and my GF were in Schladming last weekend. We just arrived on spec, without any accommodation booked up front, and found somewhere to stay within fifteen minutes of arriving in town.

It might be a little busier next week as the official opening is on the 8th, Pink will also be playing the opening night. Some of the other SH's will probably have better idea but I'd say you'll find somewhere to stay when you arrive without too much hassle. Oh, and you'll be able to ski Friday in Schladming, Planai has been open for a couple of weeks due to the excellent snow fall.

Here are some B&Bs within walking distance from the gondola.

Also, there is a car park right here

I left the car there for three days without any problems. I had to dig the car out on the last day. Laughing

/dd
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hezza, Obertauern would suit you perfectly. But stay near Luzeralm(sp).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hezza, look on www.skiamade.com in the accommodation section. Loads more lifts are opening next weekend including my local mountain. Shame Im popping back to the UK for the weekend! Pink is playing in Schladming on Saturday for 50 Euro. Have fun wherever you go. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the replies Little Angel but unfortunately...

...I was set on Obertauern, and have just spent about 30mins phoning around various accomodation - and they are ALL fully booked, guess its because of opening weekend! Sad

Need some guidance quick!

...temps on Friday also look a bit suspect with precipitation, so wanna stay high to avoid any potential non-snowy precipitation!!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hezza, Have you thought of Radstadt? It's only 20 minutes or so up to Obertauern and close to Zauchensee which goes reasonably high.
Alternativey have you tried the tourist office rather than individual accommodation they will put it around everyone.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hezza, I would try and tempt to you my place - but I will be in the UK. We went to Wagrain yesterday - totally empty, loads of powder - worth a look if you cant get into Obertauren. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hezza,

I don't really know about a resort for downhill, but a few years ago I was looking for last minute accommodation over Christmas and New Year. The local tourist board were brilliant. If you haven't done so already maybe you could see if the Obertauern board is as good? http://www.obertauern.com/

If they can't help, they may be able to point you at the tourist office for another resort

Good luck
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Zell am See / Kaprun?

Tauplitz?

Dachstein?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
http://www.bergfex.com/salzburg/

Zauchensee
http://www.bergfex.com/zauchensee/

Saalbach
http://www.bergfex.com/saalbach-hinterglemm-leogang/
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for the help guys...

After phoning the tourist board 3 times, and trying 25/30 different places - i have found accomodation in Obertauern!!!

Woo woo! Going tommorow, can't wait. snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy