Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Man dies after falling from chairlift at Heavenly

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i agree that you should always make sure everyone aboard is ready before simply pullingthe bar down however, what if they say they don't want it down? i would hope this wouldn't happen, but then again, so far I have only skiied in Europe where my biggest concern was raising the bar in time rolling eyes
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Which all suggests there is a culture that does not want you to lower the bar
not necessarily. I am all for lowering bars, and not putting them up too soon, but there are some idiots who bring them down far too hastily, without checking. I don't see why people should find it inhibiting to feel that they need to check that people are ready before yanking!

Fair enough - and I do. 'OK'? is usually sufficient in Europe. But WTFH described others on the chair at risk from their heads being hit, which suggests they are leaning forward, and so not interested in the bar going down.

Anyway, I can't imagine going across the pond again for skiing - so it's an academic argument for me which I shouldn't have joined - I'll bow out. Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
achilles, they may be leaning forward for a variety of reasons, e.g. adjusting a backpack after sitting down. It's not that they spend the whole lift ride in a tuck! I'd rather wait a few seconds until the lift is clear of the loading ramp, than have the "must get bar down" attitude where the footrest almost hits the ground before everyone is even seated!

shenryo, I've never had someone say no, but I have had people say "can you give me a minute to xxxxx", such as adjusting backpacks or unclipping boots.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy