Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

bulgaria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
some years ago i skiied in Borovets & tbh, didn't much like it.
Now Bulgaria has joined the EU it seems things have improved dramatically & that skiing there represents good value for money.

Bansko & Pamporova look pretty good - any comments? Which is the best intermediate/advanced resort of the two? What's the best time to go?
Any other info from people who have skiied either resort would be appreciated.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No doubt Much more debate will follow - my comment is that Pamporovo is a very small ski area, with nowhere nearby. However it is a nice and fairly scenic place. I will let others comment on Bansko as I have not been there.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
riverwhy, of the three resorts, I believe Borovets has the most int/adv terrain. So, given that, I'd go for Bansko over Pamporovo as it's the more modern of the two resorts (and is considerably bigger).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Now Bulgaria has joined the EU it seems things have improved dramatically

Who told you that riverwhy? Bansko has had a lot of development, but I'm not aware of anything "dramatic" at Borovets, or Pamporovo, which is v small. Bansko (apparently) has some good off-piste, but for inter-advanced skiing, I'm not sure you're looking in the right part of europe. Sorry. Sad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i guess i'm a victim of the media wink

i remember enough about borovets not to want to go back, but from recent tv programs bansko looks quite good. And more to the point.. cheap...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
FLUFFYONE Toofy Grin

save your money and go to france/austria, went to borovets in early jan the whole family hated the ski area but did enjoy the night life but after two days refused to go on the hill , little sheds with holes in the floor for toilets that looked if they,ed not been cleaned for a month.
could not wait to leave and get home.
i do hear on the grape vine that they have big plans for the future,but they would need to improve 100% before any of my lot would go back. plus really expensive on the hill for drinks and snacks (mob run)
and i think if you shop around or go on the net you can get a better deal alsewhere,or the same money. Puzzled
poor ski hire/ski instructor/hotel food that will get you reaching for the mars bars, if you can afford them! Going green
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ha! you reminded me of the toilet at the top of the gondola in Borovets! It was an old brick building, a bit like a garage. Inside there was.. well.. nothing. It was dark, it stank & you just p*ssed where you found it convenient. You couldn't see what you might be standing in.
When i came out the bloke tried to charge me (about £2 i think) for using the toilet. I told him to stuff it, so he chased me, but by then i had my skis on & was away...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
riverwhy we went to borovets about 7 years ago, found it very cheap (especially for drinks Toofy Grin ) had a good week but wouldnt go back!

there is plenty of well priced skiing to be had in france, italy, austria, switzerland etc

book a last minute package in jan, half board to a well know resort can be less than £300 pp or fill a car and drive down.....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy