Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gatwick Car Parking

Poster: A snowHead
Annual topic I know and apologies if not right place to ask.
Just went to book the Christmas week at a Gatwick Carpark with Holiday Extras - £60!
Is is really that much?
Found another website offering Courtlands for £42 - any advice?
Which was the firm reported on 'Watchdog' that were driving customer's cars all week?
Help appreciated - thank you.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sally s, The last time I needed it it was just as cheap to use the long stay NCP, you park your own car and the shuttle bus is quicker and more regular. I've used APH there before, which was OK but you need to add at least 30 minutes onto your journey to take account of sorting out the paperwork and getting the coach to the terminal.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sally s, I've sent you a PM with a link, will give you a better quote for APH.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
sally s, I used to fly out of Gatwick every week, and used the Long Stay NCP at Gatwick North. No handing over of car keys, a good, regular bus service - that only take a couple of minutes, and it was £45 for 5 days.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sally s, here is a post about this subject from my forum

Quote:
Anyone who has tried to park at or near Gatwick Airport will know that the official on-site airport carparks are very expensive. There are a number of private companies who will also park your car near the airport but I believe I have found the best by far.

A local Guest House, "Gatwick House" run by Tony & Linda Field, provides airport parking at their premises at very reasonable rates, and will also deliver/collect you from the airport within certain times. They are literally 5 minutes by car from the airport, perfectly placed, and if you have a long journey to/from home then you can also book overnight accomodation there.

Anyone worried about trusting them... Tony is an ex-police officer which should count for something. We have used their services twice already and have booked them again for May.

These people charged £65 for two weeks so I'd estimate about £33 a week. Might be worth investigating.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sally s, I've used Cophall Farm parking several times, http://www.cophallfarm.co.uk/ highly recommended. No waiting around for buses, minibuses take you instantly and on return you just dial them freephone when you get your bags and the minibus is there waiting for you.
I think it was Pink elephant that were rally driving customers cars and i believe they are now out of business because of it. I check the milometer on my car when I drop it off and there's never any more than it would have taken it to be parked in a space, plus all damage is checked and signed for.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We use the Ace "meet and greet", but here is a good place to start looking for comparisons:

http://www.airport-parking-shop.co.uk/gatwick/gatwick-airport-parking.html

in fact works for any airport, and has personal opinions available too, so you know its not necessarily just advertising guff.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you all and Eeyore's PM - have gone for Cophall as cheapest and seem to have 100's of good reviews - plus I was impressed by its website so that's one more thing to do ticked off list. Cheers
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ive used Cophall, cheap secure and easy peasy!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ALERT *THREADJACKING* ALERT

Toofy Grin

Any suggestions for Stansted in January?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kruisler, check the airport-parking-shop link above, but select Stansted instead...?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
JimW,

Alright..OK...so I'm a tad lazy.... Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There really is only one way to go
Valet Parking , phone call once you hit the motorway on your way there, then drop off luggage and passengers at the lower level where a driver meets you with a trolley,hand over keys ,walk up the ramps and you're into departures ...a phone call on return once you've collected your luggage and car delivered back to you ..no buses, no walking and no hassle and car only does a few miles ...I've used them maybe 20 times and trust me its worth every penny
Valet Parking
07712 890338
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gatwick Express Car Parking
thats what we used last christmas at Gatwick

by the way dont choose to go to gatwick ever, it is an awful airport especially in peak season. soo so busy and the risk of not getting through the security quews is always an issue. Last year at christmas 5 in the morning it took us an hour. That was also leaving plenty of time beforehand. Always arrive 2 hours before takeover.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kruisler, check this thread. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=31488
snow report
rainman,

many thanks!
ski holidays
I've just booked for the Christmas week with Ace Meet and Greet. Their online price was £56 but I phoned them and asked if they were still doing a deal for snowHeads and I've got the week for £50 Very Happy
snow conditions
I'm just back from Gatwick this week. I used Courtlands as it appeared to be on the way in/out to the airport. However, I didn't pay any attention to the driving instructions. You have to drive down the M23 to the next juntion, then back up a parallel road. Not too difficult, but since I chose it based on it's location a bit of a hassle.

We entered the Departures, checked which desks to go to for our flight and joined a rather long queue. After a few minutes checked with an information guy and he told us "you don't wanna be in that queue" so went to an empty set of self check in kiosks and he checked us in in about 2 minutes, sent us round the other side for baggage drop - where there was no queue at all. I think it took less time including the walk, than if we'd checked in with a human being.
snow conditions
Got this from the forum I run

Robcol wrote:
Courtlands Car Parking are merging with Park Plus and anyone with a Courtlands booking who are due to depart or arrive on or after 1 January 2008 are being offered a free upgrade(?) to Park Plus. The only benefit I can see from this upgrade is a car park closer to the South Terminal. The courtesy coach only operates between the car park and the South Terminal. If your flight leaves from the North Terminal you will be taken by courtesy coach to the South Terminal and from there you will need to take the transit shuttle to the North Terminal. On return it’s the transit shuttle from the North Terminal to the South Terminal and then the courtesy coach to the car park. BAA is offering anyone who booked Courtlands Car Parking through them the opportunity to change the booking without incurring a cancellation fee. I’ve just changed to use the NCP Flight Path car park and got it cheaper than my Courtlands booking. At the moment BAA do not know if the Courtlands car park will be in use after 31 December 2007.

might be of interest to some of you.
snow report
Just booked with ParkPlus for February. Friends have used them before and find it fine. £39.50 non-changeable, cheaper than long-stay Shocked
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy