Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

skifest last weekend - another to come

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I hope I wasn't the only sad snowhead who spent all Sat and Sun evening glued to Eurosport watching the first live races of the season. Blush Great racing, particularly from the ladies.

Next weekend's skifest starts on Thursday - Beaver Creek - the boys will be flying, girls at Lake Louise .. Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nope, I must be sad too because I watched it all! I love it when it's on Eurosport. All the racing is shown. Not just the first three or four placings - and the plucky (but unlucky) Brit like Channel 4 or BBC show, along with all the other rubbish Evil or Very Mad . Talking about Brits, not a good start there. Only Chemmy competed and didn't get into the last 30 for the second run. What's wrong with our men Puzzled
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
maggi, Finlay didn't race as he had flu. Probably racing at Beaver Creek this weekend though. No slaloms last w/e for the men either, so no Baxters. combined this w/e which Noel Baxter was working hard at last year, so he may race. Can't wait. Am soon going to watch the last 10 in the second run of the ladies slalom again - it was sooooo brilliant. Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think Finlay raced in the SuperG but didn't do well. All his DH training runs were poor, about 3 seconds off the pace placing him around 70th IIRC. I did wonder if having a very poor first race would affect his seeding position for starting number?

Wish I had Eurosport...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I didn't want to say so on the other thread, but the Eurosport commentary had me doing my nut, with their sometimes inaccurate observations (about technique)! Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
veeeight, Don't tell me that you don't respect John Clarke? The bloke who did the ladies stuff was a bit of a pain IMO as he kept talking about everything except the run. OTOH John (who is a snowhead), is ex team, ex team trainer and ex BASI trainer - I really value his comments.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
TBH, I'm not sure whose voice it was I was listening to, but there were a few fairly inaccurate commentary observations going on during the DH...... Sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
veeeight, There were 2 of them for the men .... John is the one with the lovely highland accent! If you think he's innaccurate, then I'm afraid you would lose my respect. Shocked
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski, he's not infallible. I was listening carefully yesterday, during Britt Janyk's (winning) run he was moaning that "most of the turn should be done above the gate" and that Britt had stuffed it up, similarly with Vandebeek's run, he also commented that she had missed the entry point (she hadn't). That view (about most of the turn above the gate) is a fairly outdated rigid view of modern gate skiing, with new skis, equipment etc. Confused

There were also one or two other comments from him about technique/tactics of the other athletes that just didn't hold true for me.

But having said all that, he is one of the better commentators to listen to on TV at the moment.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was also sad enough to spend the majority of my weekend last week watching the coverage on Eurosport. Also watched/going to watch this week's races. Missing next week's though Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skisimon, there's a new contraption called a video - you might like to invest in one!

veeeight, I thought the comment about the entry point was to do with the previous left footer, where she had missed it - not the right footer when he said it. (I can never get more than an oo or an aah out at the right time). I also thought that he was talking about a particular turn, where it was obvious that most of the turn needed to be done above the gate .... I never said he was infallible, but having taken Martin Bell to task about WC racing, you're now doing the same to John - were you a WC skier? I think it's a shame to be so critical of the best commentator we have, particularly as so many snowhead skiers could learn so much from him.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar wrote:
I think Finlay raced in the SuperG but didn't do well. All his DH training runs were poor, about 3 seconds off the pace placing him around 70th IIRC. I did wonder if having a very poor first race would affect his seeding position for starting number?

Wish I had Eurosport...

Brotha.. WHo is Finlay?? Don't know him yet
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy