Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier - What kind of photos required for lift passes?

Poster: A snowHead
I understand from the Serre Che site that photos are required for lift passes of more than three days' duation. Does this apply to children's passes too? Is one photo per person enough, or do I need two? What is the correct size - standard passport?

I have always skied on electronic passes before so forgive the naivety.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 14-12-07 11:45; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
TallTone, yes. The pass is electronic, but for some unknown reason, you need a photo. TheY will scan your passport photo at the lift pass office if you are getting them yourself, and scanned pic appears on the back of your pass. HOWEVER, if you order online, I don't think you need a photo at all. There doesn't seem to be anywhere to add one to your order. Very confusing.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Helen Beaumont, TallTone, they have computers in the booths at the turnstiles, showing the photo of the pass owners. If you are Mr Potato Head using Miss Chrystal Chandelier's pass, you will be found out!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
TallTone,
They will scan it in directly off a passport so as long as you have one with you you will not need a seperate photo. You will also need a passport or similar proof of age if you have children and are wanting childrens passes.

PS If the childrens passports are old I would get an up to date photo to be sure though.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all. I'm planning to buy the lift passes on arrival - well, at some point on the Sunday when we get there. I presume they will be open! What time do the offices shut and where is the nearest place to the Aravet bubble in Villeneuve?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
TallTone,
There is a lift pass office opposite the Aravet bubble which every time I have been had a photo booth as well. Don't know about opening hours from memory they are not that long. The web site may help.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
chris, I know, but there is no way of adding photo ID to an online lift pass application, so how it can be compulsory for anyone but season pass holders I am not sure. If you are a child or OAP they ask for proof of age, but no photo for adults. Julian and I used to use Swatch Snowpass watches(no longer accepted) and we didn't have to add a photo to them either if we purchsed online. It was a different matter if we bought the pass at the lift office though, we had to carry a rubbish card with our photo around all week.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Perhaps Snowangel. will have the answer when she gets back from her hols.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In the office at the prorel lift station they take your picture with a webcam.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
pistemeister, last season not all the offices has the webcam to take your picture, but they could scan one from your passport. That may have changed this year though.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The Prorel camera has been around for a long time but has never so far been replicated at the Aravet office.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bump, in the home that Snowangel. (or other kind soul Wink) will be able to confirm scanning/opening hours
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
TallTone, I'd be surprised if they were open much beyond 4.30/5.00 at the latest. Certainly don't recall them being open much later, though things may have changed - haven't been to SC for 3 years. Blimey,where does the time go and I need to do something about that!!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
TallTone, I think the main offices may open a bit later on weekends,especially at half-term, but I can't find any hours on the website. Are you going with a tour op? They usually sort them out on the coach, and as far as I remember charge you same price as lift pass office. Otherwise buy online and get them posted to your house.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Helen Beaumont, we're going with Neilsen on flight+accom basis. Wouldn't buying on the bus necessitate handing over passports if they scan those? I'll take a look online - thanks Smile
snow report
Ski-extras are doing a 10% discount. Is this reputable?

Also, while my wife and I and our 10-year-old will get value from a full area pass, my 6- & 7-year-old daughters are unlikely to do so. What free lifts are there? My 7-year-old will perhaps require a local pass for Villeneuve, though I seem to recall a newsletter about the availability of such.

Any opinions, facts?
snow report
TallTone, not heard of ski-extras, sorry. I am going to oreder passes online this afternoon, I will let you know how I get on, ans what I needed to complete it, You can only order full area passes online though. Might be just as cheap for you to buy a family lift pass.

Lift pass for small ski areas here

Family pass prices here

Links on those pages to all other types of pass and online booking.
ski holidays
Hi Helen, hope all is well with you. When are you set to go out?
ski holidays
Hi Mark. We are off out to Serre Che on the 22nd, staying until 4th January.
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, thanks!
snow conditions
Hmmm.
Ordered a Family Pass this afternoon - 2 Ad, 2 Ch.
Had to include DoB to order however -need another Child pass.

They advertise additional children upto 17yo but....when you enter DoB for a 14yo - it says too old!

Had to 'manipulate' dob to get additional child rate.

No request for a photo id. Passes will be posted.
latest report
shockingmoment, thanks for clarifying that there is no photo ID to enter on the website. We will be downloading our passes and I suppose we do therefore have a current photo on them but i assumed that new passes would have to download a photo.
snow report
Ski passes arrived - no pictures obviously. Probably just as well in my case!
ski holidays
hmmmm even more confused are we saying that we dont need photos.

bought mine when booking holiday,picking up on bus,so photo would

be tricky.
ski holidays
OK, two scenarios. Kids got student discount, took ID to lifts, got 6 day pass, photo required. julesb and I had 11 day passes, booked online, no photo. On first morning our online passes wouldn't validate, and they had to change them at the lift pass office for new ones, no photo on them (old passes had scanned photo on them from last year).
1sunnychick, I would assume no photos required then. Perhaps snowangel. could confirm this as she is working at the lift pass office?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy