Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Season 07/08 Trip Report

Poster: A snowHead
OK, so haven't updated this in a while, mostly because of the amount of intense skiing I was doing, I managed to get out with a guide, which my uncle organised when he came out for a cheeky weekend (Luc with the ESF, been in Tignes all his life, knew the place better than anyone I reckon) We skiied some seriously fun routes, the sache valley, the bottom half of the freeride world cup slope and one of the tufs couloirs (obviously not reccomended without a guide!) was probably the best day skiing of the season! then the next morning, rode the park, and now I appear to have a badly sprained foot, Im currently in my bedroom in leeds, just spoken to the doctor, he said 3 weeks to a month rest. so naturally, I am flying back to france tomorrow morning, and will rest my feet in a more relaxing atmosphere, hopeflly speed up the recovery...

anyway im sure john will update at somepoint soon, though he is in westendorf sponging off his dad and eating decent food at the moment...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

sponging off his..............

There seems to be a theme running through this thread. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good to hear from you george_1, only 6 weeks and 2 days to go!
Hope your ankle improves quickly.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It did cost me €140 to get there and the same again to get back, but I did get free food all week. Twisted Evil

Besides, Westendorf doesn't cost anything.

Some snow coming up on the forecast now for the next week or so, I could do with a nice powder day. snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hey guys. im looking at bumming a season out in tignes for 08/09 and was wondering if you had any tips. ive tried searching the forum but it doesnt seem to find anything. any help would be much appreciated.

accomodation is a particular sour spot atm. i'd be heading out ojn my own but need some roomys Smile im 21years old atm btw
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
arby16, Well for £3000 you can get your own place (1 room with bed, chair, small table, sink and portable oven/hob thing and a seperate bathroom) or I have a 2 bedroom place which I share permanantly with 5 others and have guests occasionaly to help pay the bills! You ideally want to get yourself a part time job, local taxpayers get their lift pass for around half the price, and working 2 days a week would help you appreciate the days you ski! Skiman jobs are going around at the mo, get yourself some work experience at a ski shop beforehand and it will make life alot easier!

Spikyhedgehog, HAAPPPYYY BIRTHDAYYYY!!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
arby16, I'd get a driving job if you can find one and that's the sort of thing you think you might enjoy. Airport transfers are a doddle.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Spikyhedgehog, HAPPY BIRTHDAY

GET OUT OF BED IT'S BEEN SNOWING Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Happy Birthday Spikyhedgehog.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
george_1 wrote:
arby16, Well for £3000 you can get your own place (1 room with bed, chair, small table, sink and portable oven/hob thing and a seperate bathroom)

really, More details please? When I was looking I was seeing prices close to twice that.

harpy buffday spiky one
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nbt, that was the price for this season, probably gone up for next season but cant be by too much... If you want I can drop you an email with a couple of pictures and an e-mail address of the person who you would need to speak to about renting it... ?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
yes please ! Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
nbt,

Can do you a year long let for similar money. Come and enjoy the summer as well as the winter wink Little Angel
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stewart woodward, now you;re talking. drop me some pics and more details Wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stewart woodward, Just had a call from our landlord (r should it be landlordess?) about the noise! I do hope we didn't disturb you tonight, as you can probably guess, Spikyhedgehogs birthday led to a few too many beers before everyone went out and it got a little loud!

nbt, lucky you! Wish I could find a year long let in Whistler for the same kind of money!!!
latest report
george_1,

What noise wink wink
snow report
george_1, you should have blamed the earthquake!
ski holidays
george_1,

What about the visit from the Police, did you get arrested Puzzled
snow report
stewart woodward, the police didn't come, just someone said if we didn't stop being loud, then they would call the police, so we shut up instantly, didn't even realise how loud we were being!
ski holidays
chears for the words.... i was wondering more along the lines of what are the best places to stay etc? i'd want cheap but in resort and vaguely near some nightlife and the lifts

chears

£3000 each or altogether?? ive seen 4700 Euros for the season split between 4??!? true? coz in my book thats awesomely cheap
ski holidays
£3,000 for your own place, that would probably be suitable for 2.

For the record our place is £10,000 between 6 for the season, with an extra £2,000 refundable deposit.
ski holidays
OK so been a few days now, had a stomach bug going round so a few of us were quite ill, though some people say my stupidly big night out to see a good friends band from leeds 'Gentlemans Pistols' was the reason I was feeling sick for 3 days. (I don't remember much of the night, though people assure me I did have a really good time!!)

We are having lotssss of snow, didn't go skiing today as i wasn't feeling so good, but tomorrow is looking like it should be a great day, expecting sunshine and fresh tracks all morning, then a big photo session with some other skibums later in the day!

Will update you with pictures if we end up with any good ones!
snow report
Stupidly big night out for george consisting of coming home at 12 and crying his eyes out. Laughing
latest report
Spikyhedgehog, sounds about right Laughing
ski holidays
Georgesmum,

Many thanks for the Prezie Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley

Looking forward to eating them with a little HP sauce wink
snow conditions
stewart woodward,

You're welcome ! Hope there wasn't one missing when they arrived Laughing
latest report
OK so having a day off today, the weather has been insanely good, been skiing pretty much first to last lift for the last 6 days, which has resulted in a slightly toasted nose, and a serious goggle tan!

The snow was holding up well, with conditions starting to reflect the time of year more than they have the last couple of weeks! It's been snowing all day today and will be expecting blue skies in the morning Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Skis waxed and ready to go for the morning! Hopefully not so deep that you stop dead on anything less than 45 degrees again like a week last saturday... NehNeh
latest report
we're out week after next george, we're in the curling in val claret. Beers for cheeky guiding?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
nbt, after all the info I got from you about canada, the beers are on me!
latest report
george_1, I''ll drop you a PM with contact details and so on, beers and riding are on the cards if time permits then Smile
snow report
Snowed all day yesterday & is still snowing slightly this morning Blush Blush

Could do with a little bit of sunshine for my begineers group but i suppose they will just have to enjoy powder skiing in iffy light rolling eyes

The conditions are great for anyone coming out for a late eater holiday next week or on the www.snoworks.co.uk courses Blush
ski holidays
stewart woodward, I'm sure by now you are probably just leaving for work, and the iffy light, is now pure blue skies and some serious sunshine.

It looks a tad windy out, but the snow and the sun totally cancel that out.

Let you all know how it was in about 9 hours when im done!

Laughing snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
We Skiied this morning, Had an hour or so clear blue skies then the clouds rolled in higher up, the skiing was still fantastic, powder was amazing in the right spots! We managed until now before the vis got a bit annoying and we got hungry so came home for some lunch and to see if the weather clears up.
ski holidays
stewart woodward, that snowball is coming back with interest Laughing Twisted Evil
ski holidays
I guess that this will be my last post of the season, I leave for England tomorrow and start planning where I want to go next season the exact second I get home.

It's been an amazing season, never had any worry about the snow, It's still falling now (which annoys me, as I am going home! Evil or Very Mad )

I've learnt alot this season, mainly, that I STILL can't handle my drink at all.

summing up this season for me is hard, as I had alot of stops and starts through it, stomach bugs, injured foot put me out for about 3 weeks, now over the last week I have had tonsilitus!
the only thing I know is that every second I spent skiing was fantastic, hopefully get back to Tignes next season even if only for a holiday.

stewart woodward, Thanks for everything you and Mrs Woodward have done for us! I just hope the amount of pork pies I managed to source for you was adequate!
snow report
george_1, Sooooo where are you going next season?? Puzzled You've done a fantastic job keeping everyone posted on activities in Tignes over this last 4/5 months - you're a credit to your parents wink I'm suprised you didn't pop over to VT on your way home to join the EOSB
ski holidays
newts, hopefully whistler next season, but mainly depends on how much I can scrape together over the summer!

I was going to pop over for the eosb but had to start a new job!
snow report
george_1, Whistler eh!!! nice Very Happy Can we visit you out there too? I've moved to Dubai, I started kite surfing today.... it's sooooo hot here and apparently it gets hotter Shocked I'll be ready for some snow by the end of the year Laughing
ski holidays
It does indeed get extremely hot in Dubai!

I was there last September and it was averaging 45 degrees celcius! But i love it! June - Sep is off season in dubai, its too hot, so the locals desert the place and holiday somewhere cooler!

Get yourself to the snowdome, its a nice big fridge if you need relief from the heat!
snow report
Hodude, I've not had the summer experience as I've only been here 4 weeks!! I was told today that the sea get's to about 38 degrees Shocked so I can imagine how hot it must be on land - eek! I went wake boarding for the first time yesterday - loved it and it got me thinking about trying to snowboarding - I reckon an ideal place to learn would be the snow dome, I haven't been yet but I've driven past it - it looks massive, puts the chill factor-e in Manchester in it's place eh!! So when its too hot to play out on the beach, as you say.... that's where I should retreat to wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy