Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Season 07/08 Trip Report

Poster: A snowHead
I think these two photos sum up today really.

Will taking a nice line.

Ali having a spectacular fall.

Very Happy

(snowheads brightness levels are a bit high aren't they, my picture quality doesn't look very good.. Sad)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Play safe boys.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Spikyhedgehog wrote:
... snowheads brightness levels are a bit high aren't they ...

There's a phrase you don't hear very often Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, not too many days left and you will be on those pictures Toofy Grin
Boys... Madeye-Smiley you gotta arrange the meetings etc
George_1 Spikyhedgehog, I havent find you on facebook yet but I got Ross. Let me know guys if you like my idea there...

see u soon
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Spikyhedgehog, you'll have to show me that top run, looks amazing.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Swirly, Can we all watch when you come down it? Twisted Evil
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DebbiDoesSnow, why scared of doing it yourself? It looks an amazing line.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Swirly, no way! it looks wicked. Might not be able to do it in a 'straight' line though Razz
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
szy, we're both friends with Ben. He's George McConville and I'm John Anderson.

It wasn't steep really, only around 30 degrees, a nice easy wide couloir. Good fun. Smile
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well, this will surprise George, I came across this thread and even managed to register with SnowHeads, not bad for someone whos computer illiterate. So, straight from the horse's mouth (or mum in this case !), George can definately NOT handle his alcohol (thinking back to his first experience and spending two hours asleep on the grass verge outside our house............!)
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Georgesmum,

Welcome to snowheads snowHead snowHead

George still can't handle his beer & can you have a word with him about taking a shower wink wink

Seriously they are all behaving themselves and are great as neighbours Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
george_1, Ha ha you've been busted by your mum Laughing Nice
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stewart woodward, Laughing Laughing

Welcome to snowHeads Georgesmum! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Welcome to snowHead s Georgesmum. I expect george_1 is now feeling a bit like my sons when I registered on Face Book wink

Georgesmum, I skied with the boy at the EOSB and thought he must have been brought up well Shocked - but remember when you post now he may read it - so no rude content wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Georgesmum, welcome to snowHead snowHead !!

He told me the story about the verge Laughing I roomed with him at the EoSB and he hardly drank more than a pint a night then as well.
snow conditions
Georgesmum, welcome! I have to admit... I made him drink a .. what was it a one litre jar of beer (was it 1l or 1.5l???) Toofy Grin
The belly was too small though!
I m there in a week time so we try whisky or similar this time wink
snow conditions
Georgesmum, welcome! you sound like a cool mum Razz
snow report
Georgesmum, ohhhh man this is just plain wierd!!! Laughing

See, stewart woodward, is spot on truth about how awesome we are, but I don't smell bad! honest!!

szy, we were talking about that today! it was 1.5 and I gave up after about half of it because I thought I was going to exploooode!

Everyone else: Im the first person in the house to get a job! I just started working at Precision in Tignes Le Lac, working on ski and boot hire. good times!
latest report
george_1, congrats on your job!! Very Happy Hope you still get some snow time snowHead
snow report
cathy, working friday evening, all day sat and all day sun, so still get 5 days snowHead
snow conditions
george_1, nice one, cash & 5 days on the piste !
ski holidays
[quote="george_1"]

Quote:
Everyone else: Im the first person in the house to get a job! I just started working at Precision in Tignes Le Lac, working on ski and boot hire. good times!

Its all about contacts wink Laughing

I've just come in, working tomorrow, and the boys are just going out Shocked I think they have only just got up as the curtains have been closed all day Confused
snow report
We watched Gladiator. Very Happy

God we're awesome.
snow report
Spikyhedgehog, you rock snowHead
snow conditions
stewart woodward, I thought you were supposed to be in italy?

Im not the lazy one, I'm a high roller now!

I can finally afford real food! and I got into seasonnaire mode tonight, swapped a board wax for some leftovers! good times!
snow report
george_1 wrote:

stewart woodward, I thought you were supposed to be in italy?

Stewart got back from Italy Wednesday night and had a very sad few beers in the Alpaka.
He's now out teaching in the new powder, and is going over to La Ross this afternoon to do a ski race Smile Madeye-Smiley

Good luck with the job Very Happy

Georgesmum,

Welcome to snowheads snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
george_1, congrats on the job.
snow conditions
george_1,

Hope you are enjoying your first weekend at work Laughing Laughing

Not sure when you will read this as you will probably be working late as the transfers will be delayed due to all this lovely POWDER wink

You missed a great day and as you know saturdays are the best day to ski. Very Happy Very Happy

Just thought Puzzled You can't ski tomorrow either NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh

Forecast SUN with all this lovely POWDER

A'int working just great rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stewart woodward, Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
(oops still logged in as Coisty, that was on george_1's behalf)
snow conditions
Thankyou to everyone for their welcomes. I wont be posting much as I don't want to cramp George's style or embarress him ! Very reassuring to know all you at Snowheads look out for each other, it's like a second family for George and the 'boys'. Oh yes, George, when you have a shower, don't forget to dry between your toes. x
snow conditions
Georgesmum, you couldnt cramp my non-existant style.

Everyone: Had work today, managed to get out for a couple of hours over lunch time and had an amazing ski! very tracked out, but the snow was so light it was still amazing to ski, had a few runs under the palafour, then over the side of palafour under the avalanche barriers where we amazingly found fresh tracks for an hour or so.
Work was unbelievably tiring, I am ready for bed now.
ski holidays
Yeah, fantastic day. Merles ski route and the surrounding area was brilliant. Very good day out. Very Happy
ski holidays
Guys, whats up? I cant believe you let the thread go to the second page! Shocked

What are the powder conditions?

It looks windy and cloudy with a bit of a sun here and there Toofy Grin
ski holidays
szy, powder is mainly tracked out if you go to runs accesible by lift, lots of fresh tracks if you are willing to hike/traverse a long long way!!!

stewart woodward, Don't know if you heard yet, I managed to lose my job! Not my fault though, apparently they have a guy who speaks fluent french and is very experienced came along and he decided to give him my job, unbelievably rude!! (especially after he made me miss most of the best day of the season so far!) So, I'm now looking for another job! If you know anything that is going, put me in touch and I'll get you some pork pies! wink
ski holidays
stewart woodward, george_1, Quick question for you Tignes locals. How easy is it to ski back to the Hauts de Toviere (Mark Warner/Scottys bar)?. Just booked for the end of the month and we haven't stayed in Lavachet before. Puzzled I know its only a 6-7 minute walk from the Alpaka but we were just wondering how close you can get to it with skis on Very Happy . Other half has had a recent shoulder op and isn't up to carrying skis too far.
ps. what is it about Stewart and pork pies??? snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
george owen, The closest you can get is about 10 metres away from scotties, the piste ends opposite scotty's/next to brasero. absolutely tiny walk! Bring Stewart some pork pies and his eyes light up, like a child at christmas! haha.
snow conditions
george_1, Thanks for the quick response.How do you get on to the run that takes you down there?
latest report
There is a pisted track that leads off the top of the lavachet beginner slope. It's called the Digues on the piste map.
ski holidays
[quote="george owen"]
Quote:
stewart woodward, george_1, Just booked for the end of the month and we haven't stayed in Lavachet before. Puzzled

Le Lavachet is like resort X, a hidden gem Blush Blush

Quote:
ps. what is it about Stewart and pork pies??? snowHead snowHead snowHead

Pork pies are a better currency than Euros wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy