Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Repairing Ski Gloves

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Megamum, I have been led to believe it started out as Duct Tape years ago, and was used to tape over joints in ducting. At some point one of the manufacturers of such tape decided that the commonly used mispronunciation "Duck Tape" was a good trade name and the company "Duck Products" was formed. Its a bit like the name "Hoover" which is commonly used to identify any make of vacuum cleaner.

Very dull, but you did ask... sorry Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Megamum, I've always wondered that too!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This thread came up when I was searching for a similar solution - just got mine done by Claydon Leather repairs.
Did a brilliant job, I assume any leather repairer will be able to help as long as they are able to do gloves, but thought i'd post their details for the benefit of anyone else having difficulty finding someone locally.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Put some duck tape along the ski edges.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I find Gorilla tape very effective Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
nigels wrote:
OK guys enough of the duck tape. Anyone with other suggestions?

Find your local saddlery and ask them to sew leather patches over the rips. Works a treat. And looks every bit as hardcore as duct tape, but less in-your-face!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It must be a record, a 13 year thread resurrection for spam rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@PowderAdict, doesn't look like spam
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
More to the point, has "white-gold" really kept up the inane comments for that long? Toofy Grin third post in original thread.

It's a easily searched term, the thread heading, and comes up as first pick with original thread even now. You can see how it'll be picked up by someone unaware of snowheads.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ski wrote:
http://www.glovething.co.uk/ ???
great idea, TERRIBLE website Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Duck/duct tape is too thick and inflexible. I have successfully used carefully cut pieces of black spinnaker repair tape on gloves and other outdoor equipment. A cool iron helps to 'set' the tape on seams etc.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy