Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne or Les Arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
jtobin03,

Some might consider snow the luxury extra in La Ros Embarassed Razz Razz
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gwaelod, meow! Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boredsurfin,

wink Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jtobin03,
On a more serious note the relative merits of different ski resorts generate endless discussion but one point in La Ros's favour for the time that youare going is that it has a reputation for being considerably less crowded then other Tarentaise resorts in the peak february season so you may actually get more skiing done prior to your trip to the leisure centre than in some of the othr resorts. I think La Ros combined with La Thuile has a lot to offer most skiers.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you want to counter the facilites argument and still ski Les Arcs you can always have a look at 1950 - indoor / outdoor pools, saunas, external jacuzzis, steam rooms, as well as ski-in /ski out. All mod cons and a traffic free village, with all shops and ski schookl within couple hundered metres tops from any apartment.

All at very reasonble prices (in fact far too reasonable afaI am concerned - declares interest - am an owner in 1950 so yes, you would be boosting my rental revenues by a tiny fraction.. Laughing ) Just a thought.

La Ros also need to get down the road to BsM, so same thoughts apply regarding transfer times

Agree tis better to get there earlier, my thoughts on 10:30 at moutiers were that you will avoid many of the TO buses, but yes, you are right, will certainly get some traffic, just not the midday tail-backs.
I guess I was thinking tho' don't dismiss an 'early morning flight' that gets you into Lyons or Grenoble for 8 ish: sure it won't be perfect, but better than an 11 / 12 arrival at the airport.

And yes, if driving all the way, if you want to take a break go for the overnight stop as far south as you can.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hey there fellow snowHeads... I'm not an owner in 1950 (or anywhere else for that matter -- chance'd be a fine thing) but would echo what JimW's said. We stayed in 1950 in March just gone, and the facilities, the size & comfort of the apartments and the ski-in / out situation were, for the money, streets ahead of previous experiences in the 3V or the Espace Killy.

We've got some real mileage-munchers in our group, and those guys found there was sufficient to explore in Les Arcs that they didn't need to use the Vanoise. Although to be on the safe side there's always the Découverte pass for the option of a day further afield.

We found it to be fairly weatherproof as well. While we were there we had a couple of heavy days' snow, and when it was whited out about 1950 and 2000 the slopes above 1800 were relatively clear, and vice versa.

If it's alright to chuck in my tuppence worth then IMHO I'd suggest it's well worth considering. We'd be going back this year if not for a collective hunger to explore Austria (which is looking like a wiser and wiser choice every day at the moment! Very Happy)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snojito wrote:
We found it to be fairly weatherproof as well. While we were there we had a couple of heavy days' snow, and when it was whited out about 1950 and 2000 the slopes above 1800 were relatively clear, and vice versa.

That's my experience as well. The weather can be quite different either side of the ridge, but if both zones are suffering from poor visibility there is a fair amount of tree skiing above Peisey and Arc 1600 to make the most of poor conditions.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy