Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Document Snowboard magazine Gear Guide now out!

Poster: A snowHead
The biggest collection of snowboard literature ever assembled in one bag is now on a newsstand near you, and it includes the most comprehensive gear test of snowboards on sale in the UK to date. And it's all online too at www.documentsnowboard.co.uk

Document is the sister mag to Fall-Line Skiing, in case you're wondering what a (mainly) skier is doing lurking in this area...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Whitelines Snowboarding mag also has a very good equipment guide this month
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Really enkoyed the mag this month but still feel like there could be more resort info in there for holidaying boarders.

The gear guide has whet my whistle though.

fallliner, any chance of getting last month's issue FOC though? Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Specialman, er, not really - we've only got a couple left in the office...
We are currently uploading all the travel stuff so it'll be online in a big clump shortly.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fallliner, loved the mag this month. Don't need any new equipment so the gear pull out is dangerously tempting !!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hey there falliner -

any chance of mailing a copy of the mag? i'm in (the republic of) ireland and there's not a hope of getting a magazine out here on the west coast that doesn't cater for those with a penchant for red tractors. Shocked
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rogg, drop janet@fall-line.co.uk an email with details - there's a back issue charge for postage to forrin parts and she'll have the details. You'll be delighted to hear that we nearly, nearly had a red tractor on the cover. Honestly.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks mate, i've gotten back to her. Cool
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So Which is better,

white lines of document ???

Whitelines seems to be very Usa, Canada orintated, i think i pref document,

plus falliner, if i subscribe by c/c do i still get all the freebies ???
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
cookie monster wrote:
So Which is better,
white lines of document ???
Whitelines seems to be very Usa, Canada orintated, i think i pref document,
plus falliner, if i subscribe by c/c do i still get all the freebies ???

Document is the best of all the mags I buy (DMS&S, Document, Onboard, Whitelines) although it's still not perfect.

Onboard is a bit too in your face with all the environmental things and the design is crazy – it's more of a coffee table/status symbol magazine, that says "I'm a tree hugger and I'm going to make you feel guilty for ruining my planet"."

Whitelines has some amazing photography and it still has some close-to-home stuff in it (the piece last year about the Grand Massiff was good), although it's again a coffee table mag. Good design though.

DMS&S. Bought the latest issue and I liked the piece about finding the holiday to suit your needs, even if it blatantly was an 8-page filler. I also liked Henry Deuce's piece about holidaying as a couple, but it's again, a blatant promotion for Warren Smith academies. I had to laugh when I read the bit about buying abroad. There was some kind of comment like "so-and-so loved their holiday in Switzerland so much, they decided to buy a condo there for £xxxxxx!" - typical snobbish look at winter sports and so little for boarders. I only buy it out of habit. There's no good product testing in there and more often than not, 90% is dedicated to skiing and not boarding. remind me again why I spent £3.70 on it?

I like Document as it's a bit of a 'let's have a laugh' magazine. Good photography and I like the way it's never trying to say "if you're poor you won't belong in this game". More, more , more though – it needs more pages to keep us going through the month!! Smile
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Woah - sorry folks, been in the World of Office. And someone's being nice, too.cookie monster, the freebies only come with a dd subscription. i guess you can guess the reason - we want ot keep folk subscribing for as long as possible and dd is the way to do it. But we are looking at giving out more freebies on an annual basis to say 'thanks for sticking with us'.
Specialman, cheers for that analysis - I'm impressed with the vast reading matter collection. We suspect that a lot of our readers get all sorts of different mags. One I like is Snowboard Canada.
Pages-wise, keep an eye out for issue 50... The plan is to keep you going all summer...
The plan for Document is to be totally relevant to UK riders. Yes, there's more we need to do so email me or editor Rachel at richard@fall-line.co.uk or rachel@documentsnowboard.co.uk with your thoughts. They are most, most welcome. No, really.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
fallliner, just filled in my DD instruction for Doc Sbd. Really like the mag, I always think there could be more pages though!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have been sent a copy of Document (iisue 46) in error (as I'm a Fall Line subscriber). If anyone wants a free copy, I'll happily post to the first person who PMs me. Then you can see what all the fuss is about, and subscribe. As a subscriber to the two planked version, I can't recommend it highly enough.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fallliner,

dam and i paid by c/c, oh well never mind i will have fun reading it

nothings better than a good freeby ;-(

and ya get a free hat with whitelines ;-(
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cookie monster, we want you to read it, not wear it wink
snow conditions
i would also check out this snowboard mag site, which is a great read on line and free www.isboardmag.com
well worth checking out.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy