Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Winter Park info. anyone?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Will be there for 6 days after 10 days in Vail. Any insider info. from past visits which would help...yes I know Mary jane has bumps!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
was there a few years ago. only did one day as we travelled from breckenridge. not much i can remember except for the fact that it was really good. i remember quiet a few tree lined runs and also remember it not being very busy. i suspect weekends could be busy due to its proximity to denver. might be worth a day trip out to loveland as this is not too far away and its a great resort. sorry i cant be much help but at least i replied !!!! LOL
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skivor, haven't been there for 6 years, but I used to have a season pass for it.
PM Rusty Guy on here, he works there.

Apart from the bumps, if you like steep(ish) and deep powder, go to the top of Timberline, and hike round into Vasquez Cirque - but don't go alone. It's well worth it.
Lots of great tree skiing to be had off Timberline as well - just keep to the right.
Oh, and you'll probably see a lot of disabled skiers, as it's one of the main US Centres for disabled skiing. They are really impressive to watch.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skivor,

I spent a few days there a couple of years ago (see my trip report: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=89575) and thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's a larger area than it looks on the trail map. as Wear The Fox Hat says, the Timberline chair gives access to some good stuff (although the Cirque was closed during my visit): downside was that this was a slow fixed-grip triple - I don't know whether they've upgraded it at all.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
went there back end of march last year, great conditions , well groomed slopes but got very windy high up most afternoons.not that impressed with the ski area but had been to the 3 valleys the previous year so probably spoilt by that !.found the lifts to be very good apart from the above mentioned timberline triple , the lift upto the cirque is just as slow.best advice i could give is avoid the winter park mountain lodge ...its like fawlty towers !!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Winter Park is not as big as Vail but the skiing is fantastic - your bump and steep skiing will come on a treat! (Though there is great cruising too if that's what you're after.) Great glade skiing too (off the Timberline chair - which I seem to recall shuts at some ridiculously early hour). Very quiet slopes when we were there so hardly anything to speak of queues wise.

You will probably find the "town" (read motley collection of buildings strung out along the roadside) a bit disappointing after Vail. However, if (like me) you go first and foremost for the skiing and are happy as long as there's somewhere on a night for a few beers and a decent meal you shouldn't be too devastated. We found bars and restaurants were all very quiet and if there's any happening nightlife we missed it.

The town is a couple of miles (good free bus service) from the slopes. There is a very limited/small base station at the lifts with a couple of hotels and bars but this is even more dead than the town centre area.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I agree with Mountain Addict. We went 2 years ago for Feb half Term and found the slopes practically deserted, except on the Saturday of the Presidents Weekend Bank Holiday. The skiing is excellent - a limited number of pisted runs but bump run after bump run after bump run. Provided you put the time and effort in you are guaranteed to come back a better mogul skier - as there's everything from moderate bumps to vertical steeps with VW Beetle sized bumps.

We enrolled for a 1 day "Bump Jamboree" through the ski school. There were only 3 of us in the class (so as good as a private lesson) and we had a 7 hour lesson in bump skiing. Could hardly walk by the end of it but money well spent! I think you'll find details on the Winter Park Website.

The slow, Timberline chair has been upgraded this season and we are going back in Feb to try it. Can't wait!

As Mtn Addict says, the town is quiet but there are more than enough good restaurants to keep you fed.

A complete, but refreshing, contrast to Vail. If you go expecting great skiing but tranquility off the slopes you won't be disappointed.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for all the info. Not sure how my new B3s will cope with all those bumps, I'm hoping for pow!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

avoid the winter park mountain lodge ...its like fawlty towers !!

jase380,

Really? I stayed there and found it just fine. I got a free room upgrade. I also liked their microbrewery Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi guys,

I'm off to Winter Park for 10 days next March. Any tips on which pass to buy? I have heard it's preferable to get a 6/7 day pass, which you can spread over more days in case the weather is too bad to ski or if I want a day out, and top it up with extra days if required. Is that true? And is it possible to get any discounts on ski hire anywhere? Any other useful info welcome.

Cheers
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes really, rooms were very noisy, could hear next door turning the kettle on !!, jacuzzi was either cold or filthy or both if lucky !.
two school parties arrived half way through our first week so the corridors became a playground and the bar a youth club, also immpossible to get on the ski bus in the morning due to the 60 or so kids in the queue.

Hunsbury, try worldski for your lift passes i booked ours through them and got a good discount, you can 7 out of ten or 5 out of 7 i think
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy