Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montgenevre ....

Poster: A snowHead
... will open tomorrow.

Christopher: if you're on Facebook you can get a free password for snow-forecast.com and amuse yourself by looking at the six-day weather predictions. Look for the 'snow forecast' group.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is a mini-Mondial ski test there Saturday and Sunday. I'll post some photos of conditions on Saturday night. Cool
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lizzard, thank you i'll join facebook for that reason. when you starting work in Monty? the pistes look very good and their opening a fair amount of the resort this weekend to keep you satisfied for a while and get an early season fix.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Starting next Wednesday. Not sure I'll get much chance to go up though, as we're opening over lunch and there's only me and the chef running the place. Expecting to be busy on the weekend if the weather's good.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
where actually in the snow forecast group? its proving rather elusive
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
just as i say that i find it

Lizzard unlucky, im sure you'll get some time. I cant wait till im there i just hope it snows again before christmas.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Christopher, i just got a text from my mates here who hve gone up to monty today.

here text said......

'you wont believe how much snow there is here'

should be a good christmas then eh!
will post some pics for you when i go early dec
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Queued up for the first lift with fellow fat ski brothers and sisters. Had to get first tracks in the deep snow that turned out to be at least a metre and that was only down from half way. Soft and fluffy at that point, heavier going near the bottom. About 5 or 6 lifts open. Not a lot of bashed pistes but loads of great off piste. Started to get busier from lunch time - not much space left in the car parks but it looks like it gonna be a great season. Very tired legs now. I must work on my fitness. Embarassed Note from Mrs Chris: No problems for my legs but walking up and down mountains all summer and autumn has kept me fit.
Couple of photos of Mrs Chris showing the fab snow conditions...

snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy fab shots, so jealous i couldn't get up there!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just hope it will be as good in 10 days time...roll on.
Loevely photos Chris.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
24 days now! apparently there is going to be an average dump this weekend.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kevin Byrne, hi, there is more snow forcast this weekend. Very Happy Looking forwards to seeing you both next week.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
looks like another dump has just happened and there's more coming this week according to metcheck Very Happy

latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
just drove over the coll and it is bucketing down!
looking very nice!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ive been told by a reliable source that it has been the best start to the season they've experienced.
ski holidays
Christopher, they always give an early start date that they cant do, but this year its all come nice!
latest report
more predcited for this weekend. It just gets better and better.

only 16 days now!

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Montgenevre/3day/top
latest report
its been raining a bit today. does that mean that a considerable amount of snow will be lost due to melting?

more snow is forecasted for the weekend. Theyve opened the chalvet side as well.
latest report
Christopher, stop obsessing, will you. There's lots of snow. More than enough to give me a hard time getting home tomorrow. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
only 6 days now! God the tension is unberable.

on this site snow is forecasted for 4PM saturday 22nd decmeber, exactly the time im arriving.

http://snowfix.com/Montgenevre-Snow-Report/132/detailedLongRange/uk/base/

OWH YES!!!!
ski holidays
Hi all,

Slightly off the "is there snow topic" does anyone know if there is a free nursery lift in Montgenevre. We're arriving Sunday am, and wondering whether to get my skis at lunchtime and have a quick play at the bottom without getting the lift pass till Monday?

Cheers
LIz
ski holidays
hello fellow oxfordian. im off this saturday, but we wont be arriving until 5 oclock so the lifts will be shut.

You will have more than enough time to collect equipment and have a play.

There is one free lift. The run is extremly short, but worth it for a warm up.

We arrived sunday last year, and got our equipment and skied on it for about 30mins.

It is called 'BUTTE'. http://www.montgenevre.com/fileadmin/HIVER/photos_tn/2_station/domaine/monts_de_la_lune/FA_07_08/plan-mdl-optimise.jpg
snow report
i'll be there 5 oclock tomorow.
there'll be a report when i get back.
Hope everyone has a lovely christmas.

owh i cant wait!
snow report
Bumpage for any updateson Montgenvre or Claviere??
latest report
Havent been there for a week now, so i wouldnt know what pistes are like. It has just snowed in the last 2 days.

update on pistes open and snow height http://www.montgenevre.com/index.php?id=451&L=4&no_cache=1

webcam http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/mtgenevre/interface.php?pk_interface=56&m=images&r=panoramique&pk_pano=6818

webcam http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/mtgenevre/interface.php?pk_interface=129&m=images&r=panoramique

webcam http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/mtgenevre/interface.php?pk_interface=57&m=images&r=panoramique
ski holidays
Christopher, just driven from Puy Saint Vincent through Montgenevre en route to Turin at lunchtime Sunday 6 Jan, absolutely epic conditions in this region of the Alps it has snowed on and off for the past three days with 1 foot of fresh overnight.Montgenevre should be fine due to altitude but maybe turning to wet snow on lower slopes.
snow conditions
place looks stunning today

latest report
Any news on current conditions at Montgenevre and Claviere?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
How's the snow in Montgenevre this week? Myself and 7 others will be arriving on Sat 9th Feb for a week. Is Lizzard, around to give an update please?
ski holidays
Jo66, friends told me conditions were good on Saturday. there has been at least another 30cms since then.
snow conditions
hi all family party arriving 01/03/08 will anyone else be holidaying same time or is there anyone lucky enough to be living/working in resort
lizzard seems to know the area well i wonder if he /she is around to wet our appitite,if so what are snow conditions holding up
seems from london that it is very warm for this time of year,snow had been forecast DID it snow
looking forward to all news
snow report
Not first hand experience but

here is the information you need.

It snowed yesterday about 40cm I think.

http://www.montgenevre.com/index.php?id=451&L=4&no_cache=1

120 cm on lower and 150 on higher slopes according to their website.

Once again
webcam http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/mtgenevre/interface.php?pk_interface=56&m=images&r=panoramique&pk_pano=6818

webcam http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/mtgenevre/interface.php?pk_interface=129&m=images&r=panoramique

webcam http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/mtgenevre/interface.php?pk_interface=57&m=images&r=panoramique

Looks rather stunning doesnt it?
ski holidays
I was in Montgenevre 9-16Feb - see my trip including snow conidtions, report here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=862445
It doesn't seem to have snowed there since my trip so I would imagine it's in need of some new snow, as some parts were getting that way before we left.
snow report
Helloooo.

Right, we're back from a week skiing Montgenevre and Claviere. Quick summary and i'll try and get some pics up later today or tomorrow.

I'll just summarise for both resorts as the snow conditions are more or less deteriorating in the same way.

The start of the week the snow was as good as could be expected. Not a lot of ice about and some nicely groomed pistes all over the mountain to enjoy. All runs were complete on the south side (north facing) of the resorts. I'd say that the snow conditions in Claviere were slightly better than montgenevre, but that's always going to be the case as less people ski it. Off piste was all tracked out and crusty and icy horribleness. Later in the afternoon was better as it softened up a bit but still not ideal. Temps in the valley floor were rising to about 7ºC.

Midweek and the temps began to rise even more. It was now a silly 17ºC at some points!!! A couple of the nights did feel colder, but still not cold enough to run snow cannons. This was more like skiing in spring. A couple of pistes at claviere and especially at montgenevre were now begining to become slush like Sad

On the whole though everything was still in tip top conditions and the skiing was superb. Off piste was now possible in the early afternoon and some runs up the back in Claviere were a delight to ski. However, on Wednesday, we did the run down Colleto Verde back over the top from Montgenevre to Claviere. BIG bumps and Ice with rocks coming through. Not nice and as we did it in the afternoon when the shadow of the mountain casts a shadow and flat light and moguls aren't a nice mix. Neither are rocks and ski bases! We looked again the next day and it was closed off. Temps continued to be high and you could see the snow beginning to melt at the lower levels.

Thursday and Friday and it acutally felt a bit cooler in the mornings but the temps went up in the afternoons. 12ºC at one point. Skiing remained to be superb though, 90% of pistes were in brilliant condition and off piste was becoming more of an option. We skiid the terrain to the east of the l'aigle at montgenevre. A bit heavy but still a magical run.

Friday afternoon and a lot of slush was appearing on a few of the runs on the bowl at montgenevre and lower down in both resorts. Rocks were finding their way through the pistes and some of the moguls. Cue rock to ski interface #2 and a 2 hour wait to get skis repaired before i could go skiing again.

On the whole, conditions are very good considering the high temps but if the temps do indeed stay up there could be problems with bare patches appearing on a few pistes. There's already patches of grass coming through on some of the more used runs at montgenevre.

On the whole, a brilliant weeks skiing in good, but deteriorating, conditions.

I'll hopefully get some pics up later.
latest report
Hi, just back from a week in Sauze, and i was in MontG all day Friday 29th Feb. The conditions are very warm indeed right now, about 20c at village level, and the slopes are breaking up badly. Its the same across the whole Milky Way, with Sauze suffering the worst with many slopes now with stones and bare patches, and the link to Sestriere only skiable if you are very careful and dont mind wrecking your bases. However, Sestriere has the best conditions.

MontG is better over the bowl at the back, and it has a good enough base to hold out for another week maybe, but the lack of fresh snow across the area is going to cause serious problems. People arriving in Sauze yerterday looked really depressed, and I am not surprised.

Sauze itself was shut apart from 1 lift on Saturday due to very high winds, which were still blowing strong at lunchtime yesterday when I left for Turin.

There is even talk amongst the locals of shutting the resort if there is no more snow this week. Not good.
snow report
shoogly, Great report, look forward to seeing the pics later, I must admit I'm beginning to worry as we are off to Claviere in 2 weeks, fingers crossed for more snow snowHead
snow report
There is apparently a lot of snow coming the areas way, even though it doesnt seem to show it . Doesnt sound particularly good, reminders of last season. On the webcam you can see the south facing slopes snow line reeceding up the mountain.

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Montgenevre/6day/top

Fingers crossed! snowHead
ski holidays
I've started editing and uploading photos to my flickr site.

The above photo is Les Gondrans taken towards the end of last week. still plenty of snow about and some very good snow if you're prepared to look for it. avoid the obvious spots that sit in the sun all day or take heavy traffic and it's ace.

more photos will appear in the next day or so.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/petermacdonald/

ps. some of the photos are best viewed bigger to get a better idea of slushy areas and snow cover.

Very Happy
latest report
Everything crossed as there are three of us heading to Montgenevre for a short break next week.

Photos look great, good work.
ski holidays
shoogly, Fantastic, thanks for sharing, less than 2 weeks til we go, can't wait snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy