Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go on Wednesday

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As luck has it I have a few days off next week and am looking to take advantage of the good snow in Europe. I am looking at going on Wednesday 28th Nov and returning on the 2nd Dec so a good bit of skiing available.

Smile Smile

I have been trailing the weather forecast / snow report websites for conditions and it looks like a few places are getting some fresh stuff over the weekend so there should be some good places to visit.

My question to all you seasoned pro's, with the above in mind, is where would you go ?

Only requirements are that it is easy to fly / drive to from London and that the snow is good at the moment (with perhaps more on the way this weekend). Oh, and has to be europe....

Was thinking Kaprun / Solden could be options ??
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obergurgl has the most open pistage (65km).

Fresh snow on the way this weekend.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Whitegold - where do you go to find out the open pistage ?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rooney, I'd wait and see - the weather picture is changing. Maybe Tignes?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rooney, Flims/Laax? More snow forecast for Sunday/Monday. I expect it will be a relatively small area open mid-week but close to full opening is scheduled for 1 December (full uplift from Laax). We're away on 1/2 Dec so we could take a Wed-Sun booking in our apartment if it's of any interest (see sig). Fly from LCY or LHR to ZRH, train to Chur, bus from there - pretty damned easy. Or STN to Friedrichshafen and shuttle bus from there (book in advance). Conditions last weekend were superb (see my thread on snow reports for some pics)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rooney wrote:
Whitegold - where do you go to find out the open pistage ?

Try Obergurgl.com or skiclub.co.uk.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have a look at the following:-

http://en.skiamade.com/pistenpanorama/

It gives details of what's open and how much snow they have.

We went to Schladming last weekend. Great snow, great skiing and no queues. Surprisingly challenging skiing (especially at Reiteralm - 1 of the 4 ski areas in Schladming) & tree lined runs top to bottom (so great visibility even in bad weather).

Unbelievable conditions for November!

We also skiied at Planai (lift from Schladming town centre) which was excellent.

I recommend staying in Altenmarkt - nice, old town where you can just turn up & find a bed for the night in a B & B. No need to book this time of year. From there it's a 10 minute drive to Sclhadming, 20 minutes to Zauchensee (more excellent skiing) and 10 minutes to Flachau - also worth a trip. Schladming's also a nice town but we struggled to find an open B & B. Did find a nice guesthouse in the end though - directly opposite the railway station (10 minutes walk from town centre). A bargain 35 Euros pp for B n B in an ensuite, refurbished room. We were the only guests and it's a decent sized place, with a bar and restaurant.

All part of the Ski Amade Region - unheard of in the UK... and only 50 minutes drive from Salzburg Airport.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rooney, I second everything John Crawford, says. Alternmarkt is right next door to me - or you could try Radstadt, another lovely little town. We ahve more snow due this week. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
John,

Looks promising and only 50 mins to the airport! How many runs were open in Schladming and Planai? I can see the amount of lifts but want to make sure that there is enough there for a few days.

If I stay in Schladming would I be able to walk to any of the ski lifts or do you really need a car ?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rooney, not all the mountain is open - get a car, then you can ski Reiteralm and Haus mountains which are either side, plus Zauchensee is 20ish mins away, and Flachau. Non of the mountains are fully open - there isnt the demand of skiiers yet, but you will certainly have a great time if you explore all the mountains.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So have spent a fair bit of time looking at various websites and think that Schladming will suit us. The problem though seems to be accommodation !

Would rather book a decent-ish hotel on-line before leaving as I won't be arriving until late on Tuesday evening (gone 22:00) and therefore want to know where I am heading. For those that have been to his area can you recommend any good hotels in the actual village itself (or a nearby village).

Would prefer nice hotel in a village so can have a walk round in the evening etc.

Many thanks.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rooney, get in touch with the tourist info, they will be able to sort you out. Some hotels are shut until the season fully opens.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy