Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowdomes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Interested in the comments about the Milton Keynes snowdome, is it worth a trip? I've been considering it but its quite pricey and have beend debating moeny + 2 hr trip to decide if its worth it. Had horrible visions of poma lift queues and busy slope at the weekends ... wha's it like?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
docsquid, Thanks, I thought as much. The foyer area & bars are much better now, I hope the slope gets done soon. It really did look awful.MarkS,
Quote:
I've never understood why they can't run one of the lifts at Castleford twice as fast - with a great big sign saying "This is for experienced skiers only - if you fall off you will be asked to leave"
An excellent idea.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boris wrote:

IMO MK has better snow than Tamworth, I believe MK is snow from cannons rather than the scraped ice they use at Tamworth.

That's the reason I like Tamworth - much more realistic than MK. Snow cannon snow is like skiing in porridge, whereas Tamworth is much more like a freshly pisted run in the mountains. Neither are the real thing. The thing I really didn't like about MK was the contrast between the slow, porridgey snow cannon slush and the ice with dendix poking through at MK. However I do like the fact that MK has more "terrain" than Tamworth.

The snow this year has been the best ever, IMO. Really good this Tuesday.

Haven't been to Cas or the new Manchester place, but then again, I live 2 miles from Tamworth, so hardly likely to go there unless it were for a really good reason.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tim Sawyer wrote:
Gonna be difficult to compete with this - 400 metres! There's a video of the decsent - Watch for the boarder wiping out on 52 seconds! Smile

http://www.skidubai.com/

Not too difficult to compete given you have to take a flight to Dubai before using it Laughing

Shame we haven't got anything more like this over here though!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
docsquid wrote:
roga, the Snowdome has had a massive re-fit over the past year, but not the main slope. The nursery slope, the children's snow play area and the ice rink have all been improved, as well as a big refurb to the cafe area. That only finished recently, and then the fitness thing came along and they had to do something about that quickly. They were working on the main slope in the Summer - re-wiring and removing some of the roof lining. Presumably due to replace it and make it look nicer. That all stopped when the work on the fitness centre started. I suspect they will not be able to finish it now until after this coming ski season.

Fair point and good to hear there's stuff being done on the slope now, I haven't been for a couple of months so I may have missed some of what you've seen. I did see that Starbucks have moved in though and I think it was them who refitted the cafe area but I recall somethnig being done to the ice rink but not using it I'm not really sure what it was. However, they really could do with revamping that dingy bar area or at least changing the carpet to brighten it up and the slope was in greater need of a refit IMHO than the ice rink or cafe but I guess if they've got round to it now it's better late than never.

Not wanting to diss the place though because I think they provide a pretty good experience and I enjoy it when I go. I notice if anyone complains about Tam it's the ice they mention rather than anything else whereas everything at MK seems to get mentioned in complaints about that place!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
roga, they have removed some, although not all, of the dingy roofing plastic over the Summer, and also started re-wiring and replacing the lights on the travelator, but then that all stopped when they took over the swimming pool and gym. In all, it now looks worse than before they started the re-fit, but I guess it has to get worse to get better.

Removing the plastic sheeting on the roof has stopped the icy drips!

And as a member I can get a morning's skiing for around 16 quid, compared to 40-odd quid at MK.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy