Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia Accommodation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone stayed in either the Hotel Sporting, or the Hotel Compagnoni in Cervinia? (currently in First Choice brochure) Any other views on the resort much appreciated!
Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great resort. Been three times.
Great snow. large ski area. Very long runs from 3800m. very well-groomed pistes with no crowds or queues. Zermatt link great if you are a decent intermediate or above. Compact resort which is generally extremely friendly. Most hotels are very close to lifts and pistes (main pistes literally stops in the centre of town. Got to be one of the best resorts for learning\intermediates.

Not stayed in Compagnoni or Sporting....but from memory, I think the Compagnoni is a little out of town (circa 200-300m....but could be wrong on this)
Have stayed in Gorret and Jumeaux. Both are B&B, very simple places but very well-located. B&B is good in Cervinia 'cause there are lots of nice restaurants\pizzerias.

Can't really recommend this resort highly enough. Skiing nirvana. Only issues would be if you are a real expert, as there aare few blacks (in fact i have never found one open!) although Zermatt has lots.

Also, don't miss the pasta at Chalet Etoile above Plan Maison.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Had a great time in Cervinia in March. The long and varied No 7 Ventina run from the Plateau Rosa is a classic. The runs in the Valtournanche sector are usually uncrowded and come with beautiful scenery - I wished I had tried them earlier in the week. The links to Zermatt are simple and are pretty quick to get to.

I can endorse Gollancz's recommendation of Chalet Etoile, the pasta was sensational and it is easy to reach at the hub of a number of pistes above Plan Maison. I would suggest ringing or calling in to book in advance as there was a real scrum at lunch time, angry hungry Italians are not pretty but make for great spectator sport. The grub is very reasonable too given the stellar quality.

The apres ski scene is a bit tame but there are some nice cosy bars down the main drag, make sure you have a Bombardino straight off the slopes. The posh looking Salon de The on the main street does the most incredible hot chocolate ever and gorgeous pastries. You can take away but it would be a crime when there is a big log fire and comfy wing chairs to sink into.

I stayed very happily in the cheap 2* Al Piolet.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for your replies, any one else got any info? I hear that the lifts are prone to closure.. any views? I'm planning a mid january visit
Thanks
Helena
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Helena,

Lifts only tend to close in high winds, usually some / most open. Link to Zermtt however often closed, and can be very unpleasant if winds get up.

Have stayed in the sporting - very good location, but basic. When I was there appeared to be run by18 year olds - not that that is neccessarily bad, but this time it was!

Stayed in Cervinia last year in the Meynet (Crystal) which is opposite the sporting, family run and much better b&b (ie allyer round hotel rather than a winter only hotel. Whilst in Cervinia try the La Nicchia restaurant under the Meynet - fabulous food, but essential to book - we took half board there whilst in the Meynet.

Lots of bars and very laid back, but not particularly busy in january. If the link is open and the snow good, the 15km run down to Valtournenche is great fun for intermediates. Only drawback for me was that whilst the other Val D'aosta ski resorts were covered on the lift pass, they were a bit of a pig to get to - in fact we didn't bother.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Loved the resort, although the trek up the icy steps to the lift in the mornings was a killer. We stayed in the Dragon Hotel (March 06) which was great, but it doesn't seem to feature in any brochures these days. If it's still open it's certainly good for apres ski drinks.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hotel Sertorelli is fantastic.... not accessed via UK operators (a good thing!) just call them direct. lovely rooms, friendly staff, shuttle mini-bus to & from Gondola, although Cretaz c/lift is an easy walk. Superb hot buffet breakfast - load up on bacon & eggs to start the day. Cervinia rocks.... sonwsure, great skiing, lovely restaurants, easy transfer...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hiya,
Cervina has some great skiing and with the link to Zermatt plenty of scope for exploring.
When returning from Zermatt avoid the T-bar as it's a killer but use the cable-car and tunnel.
The Copa Pan in the main high street had live music from 5/6pm for an hour and the Bianconiglio is great night-club but don't go to early.

Biggest drag is getting up to the lifts in the morning (a gazzillion steps) but there is a route back down to the town (and straight to the bars) if you keep to the right from Plan Maison.

You'll love it, Adrian
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Helena - Cervinia is a great resort. We are going in Easter for our third successive year. I haven't stayed in either of the hotels you mention, but they are both in great locations - right in the centre of the village. You have a very short walk to the bottom of the chairlift that they opened last season and at the end of the day, you'll be able to ski almost to your hotel door. Plenty of lively apres ski or good family friendly restaurants - whatever you fancy.
Weather can be a bit varied causing the lifts to close sometimes, but when the sun is out the breadth of skiing is fantastic.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Biggest drag is getting up to the lifts in the morning (a gazzillion steps) but there is a route back down to the town (and straight to the bars) if you keep to the right from Plan Maison.

This is no longer the case. There is now a modern chair from Cretaz (right in the centre of town) to Plan Torette from where you can get a chair to just above Plan Maison and ski down. An absolute boon that has improved the resort no end.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy