Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Famous People you've seen on the Slopes

Poster: A snowHead
chris, Laughing Laughing Phone number worked ok wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
geri, where, where? Excellent singer.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wear The Fox Hat, He is, isnt he Little Angel
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Met Ronan Keating (of boyzone) once in a restaurant in Tignes Val Claret. He was filming some Boyzone xmas special which my boss at the time was producing. Seemed like a decent bloke invited us to go on the sherberts with him (we declined as my mate was massively hungover and i was on a course the following day). Nearly made it to dinner with them too but there were no available seats as restaurant was fully booked... boo! Apparently he got my boss totally smashed (pretty difficult he was a confirmed tee-totaller-still after the first drink I guess I didn't have far to go) and the following day my boss had to stop the car whilst driving Ronan back to the airport to be violently sick haha!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
not skiing but saw Jimmy Carr on the tube today at Covent Garden - I know it doesn't count!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stevew, It would count if you were this guy Toofy Grin

http://youtube.com/v/fFqQOlYE4EE
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
alex_heney, seen that one before but still good Very Happy trouble is at Covent Garden it's lifts so it wasn't me!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
And another one. Darren Gough in Montalbert last Friday.

Had to explain to the kids that he did have a proper job before that dancing nonsense.

rolling eyes rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bladeskier wrote:
And another one. Darren Gough in Montalbert last Friday.

Had to explain to the kids that he did have a proper job before that dancing nonsense.

rolling eyes rolling eyes
bladeskier,
Quote:

Had to explain to the kids that he did have a proper job before that dancing nonsense

Um, thought he played cricket! rolling eyes rolling eyes
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hugh Dennis in a cafe in La Rosiere, last week.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Paul Heiney in front of us at the queue at Zurich airport, last Sunday, with his missus ( I assume!). Although not actually on the slopes he did have ski gear on Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Has anybody not seen Branston?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
red 27,
Quote:

Has anybody not seen Branston?

I aint. My life is all the better for it. Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cathy wrote:
Paul Heiney in front of us at the queue at Zurich airport, last Sunday, with his missus ( I assume!). Although not actually on the slopes he did have ski gear on Very Happy
He's married to Libby Purves, isn't he? (Tubby lady.)
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hurtle, ah yes - that was her I think http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/biographies/biogs/radio4/libbypurves.shtml
latest report
Watched the England v Wales rugby match in Central T Bar in Verbier and Richard Branson was there... saw him in a mountain restaurant the following day then on the slopes that afteroon... also saw Laurence Dalaglio on the sunday. I recognised them both straight away but neither seemed to recognise me! Wierd eh.... Apparently Mr B owns a couple of rather nice chalets in Verbers and is frequently seen there...
snow conditions
Last season I met Elvis. I cannot say where; I respect the man's privacy, but I can tell you that he was looking well, has lost a lot of weight, and seems rather taller than I remember.
The years have not been so kind up top- the hair and side-burns were definitely not his own!
I told him he was looking good; he raised his right arm in salute, wiggled his hips and said" Thankyou very much!"- which is no mean fete whilst standing in a lift queue wearing a white sequined jump suit.
snow report
I've probably seen quite a lot of "celebrities" in Courchevel and not realised it, since a lot of them go there. Unfortunately I don't know who most of these people are, since I don't read Hello magazine, or watch soaps on the TV.

Some of them certainly behave and dress like starlets, but I haven't a clue who they are.

I was gutted not to meet Sean Connery while there last time - he was definitely in town Sad
ski holidays
JulesB, Laughing
latest report
Eddie the Eagle gave me my first ski lesson rolling eyes
snow report
Now that is an impressive first post, welcome aboard steph Very Happy
snow conditions
My skiing has been going downhill ever since Laughing
ski holidays
I heard today, Alan Shearer is in Shamm.
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, AS is a sham is what you heard.
ski holidays
docsquid wrote:
Some of them certainly behave and dress like starlets, but I haven't a clue who they are.

That'll be the Russians Wink
ski holidays
Saw Lawrie Sanchez in the storeage room of the Hahnenkahmbahm in Kitzbuhel last Easter. His wife asked me if I had any change for a locker. Also saw him skiing on the Kitzbuhlerhorn a couple of days later.

A mate of mine pointed out Princess Caroline of Monaco to me a few years ago in the Trofana Alm in Ischgl except it wasn't her. He's still convinced to this day though.
ski holidays
Corky wrote:
A mate of mine pointed out Princess Caroline of Monaco to me a few years ago in the Trofana Alm in Ischgl except it wasn't her.

Laughing
snow conditions
How about ' famous people you have skiied with' - Now that would be more impressive ! Cool
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Robert Llewellyn presenter aka Kryten from Red Dward stayed in our chalet at New Year - very nice bloke. We went snowshoeing with him (does that count?) and skied with his mate Tony Hawks (writer - "round Ireland with a fridge", "piano in the Pyrenees" etc)

http://youtube.com/v/-l97aBlUNrE (that would be me in the silly hat)
latest report
Mountainbug, indeed, a very silly hat. Plus a great commentary from Rob. Will you be coming to the EOSB this year?
ski holidays
I once taught Annabelle Croft (tennis player) Very Happy to snowboard (and it was televised), and Barry McGuigan (boxer) to ski. Shocked
latest report
That bloke wassisname, you know, the one off the telly, Alan something, on QI, curly hair, perennial loser, was in our (and indeed his) hotel in Banff a few years ago. Apparently he was offensive to someone who asked for his autograph or something, although I didn't notice him being mobbed.

Annabelle Croft was in the same ante natal class as my wife and me, and very charming she was too (no wonder she didn't do that well as a tennis player). Spookily, her predecessor on that helicopter quiz program, Anneka Ricepudding, was in the same drawing class as the OL at about that time. I realise that that has nothing to do with skiing, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 26-02-08 13:02; edited 1 time in total
snow report
This is turning into a Michael Caine sort of thread, as in 'not many people know that...'
ski holidays
I once spilt coffee down Eddie Irvine whilst working as a waiter. Completely non-skiing related, but thought I'd add my tuppenth worth!
snow report
richmond, If this is an Annebelle Croft thread ... She was my celeb partner on a TV quiz show.

was the drawing class at Chelsea School of Art? (I worked there at the same time as Anneka attended)
ski holidays
holidayloverxx

1. Lucky you. Did you win a fortune?
2. No, it was somewhere in Richmond.

What was the name of that weird helicopter program on which AC and AR worked? It seemed to involve a lot of shots of their bots, IIRC.
snow report
richmond,

not a fortune, but I did win more than anyone else that season. (£1250 - it was a long time ago).. not that I'm competetive wink . It woudl have been a bit more but Annabelle was a stand in and didn't know how to play so made a little boob which lost me £50 and winning the max available (£1,300)

Challenge Anneka?
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, glad to see that you're not bearing any grudges and that you now forgotten all about it.

Challenge Anneka was different, it involved AR organising the completion of some seemingly impossible task such as emptying the Atlantic Ocean by the end of the week to provide a site for a kiddies' gym display, that sort of thing, I think. The one I'm thinking of involved AR, later AC, whizzing about the countryside in a chopper in response to instructions from contestants in the studio, who were given clues about locations by an elderly ex newsreader. Or something. The more I think about it, the more likely it sounds that I hallucinated the whole thing.
snow report
richmond, treasure hunt?
latest report
I have seen holidayloverxx, on the slopes. She is a famous bird from the telly Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy