Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler - The Brown Bears

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last night on BBC1, the wildlife prog showed the Bears living on Whistler Mountain. They are massive and wonder around the town centre, raiding bins and trying to break into restaurants! It was like a scene from Trigger Happy TV.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was also pleased to see that:
a) they don't go into deep hibernation
b) they come out of hibernation at the end of March (or earlier if they get hungry!)

This will make skiing through the trees of Whistler just that little bit more interesting!! snowHead Shocked

I also like the advice that if you get a bear in your garden you are supposed to go out there and scare it off to discourage it from hanging around - I can't see me being that keen to chase a hungry bear!! : Shocked
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Feed it some Iceland chicken nuggets. That ought to do the trick.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Could be worse. Could be the grizzlies at Lake Louise.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stuarth, Saw one there once, they are AMAZING, so gorgeous.
All the bins in the village are now "bear proof" (and tourist-proof too!!) Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Robbie, of course having bear proof bins only works if the bins are properly closed as we saw last night on the tv Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
D G Orf, I missed the programme Crying or Very sad but assume it was one i saw a couple of years ago showing the building of the roundhouse restuarant on the top of W, and the bears climbing in to the builders trucks and stealing their lunch?

Did you hear the story that they spent millions of dollars building a new municipal tip and making it bear proof by putting a big electric fence around it, and then the first night a worker left the gate open and all the bears just strolled in to feast Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Robbie, nope brand new programme comparing 2 mother bears and their cubs, one living high up, the other living in the valley and the different things they do to survive in the first year of the cubs life
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wow skiing just got a bit more extreme sporty, dont fancy skiing near/ with bears myself
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski Bear safari sounds fun
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
D G Orf wrote:
Robbie, nope brand new programme comparing 2 mother bears and their cubs, one living high up, the other living in the valley and the different things they do to survive in the first year of the cubs life

I think it was an old one, as they were as Robbie said, still building the new roundhouse, apparently that was in 1997.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Perhaps a new programe but with some old clips ? I don't recall seing it before but I do seem to remember some of the situations, I'm not sure Confused
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
10 typhoons have hit the main island here this season, destroying entire villages and animal habitats. There have been over 100 reports of bears coming down to urban areas in search of food and I have just been told to exercise caution when taking my Sunday walk as a small cub(40kg) was spotted in the neighbourhood yesterday. And yes, they do come into people's homes! Ski poles at the ready Wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Wow skiing just got a bit more extreme sporty, dont fancy skiing near/ with bears myself

For the benefit of those that didn't catch the program but might be spending time in Whistler (Robbie!):

They said you should be ok as long as you don't smell of food...and that you should back away quietly from them. This could be a right pain in the neck if you have to click off your skis and climb back up the hill though! Madeye-Smiley

They only get really hungry in the autumn when they're stocking up for hibernation (thank god!). Cool

I felt a bit sorry for them actually. Those nasty male bears want to kill the cubs so they can bring the female bear into heat again. It looks like they spend much of the spring climbing trees to hide. Sad
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy