Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I want to go skiing for Christmas

Poster: A snowHead
Snowhead that finds me the best deal from Belfast get a free bottle of Bushmills Whiskey.

Conditions:

Direct flights from Belfast
B&B or H/B
Not Arinsal or St Johann
<£350.00
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Two for starters (okay, I admit, the first one's £399). Sorry, but couldn't be bothered to tidy it up...

Chalet Marianne, Val Cenis

Chalet Marianne is located on the second floor of this brand new building superbly located only 150m from the resort centre and 50m from the pistes. This stylish split-level chalet is very comfortable and all rooms have en suite bathrooms.
£399 per person
departing on Sat 22

Austria > Soll > Maximilian Guesthouse You could receive an additional discount of up to £200 per booking if you book online
Brochure Price
£634
Adult Special Offer Price From
£348
Adult Saving Up To
£286
7 Nights Bed and Breakfast
Departure Date: 22 Dec 2007
Departure Time: 13:35
Departing: Belfast City Airport (BHD)
Arriving: Salzburg (SZG)

Village centre only 5 minutes' walk
Ski bus stop outside
Breakfast/TV room
Continental breakfast
Choice of rooms with private shower, WC, or shared facilities
14 bedrooms
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
First one's catered chalet (duh...) and the second is B&B.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try writing to Santa?

Post in the Solutions room of chalets direct for the best possible accommodation deal. Not sure about flight costs though.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
johnboy, I might try this one and get everyone to do your research for you wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
johnboy, How about this, Tignes. Same guys as the Atomic Boot Camp:
17th – 20th December 2007: 3 nights catered accommodation £99!

20th – 23rd December 2007: 3 nights catered accommodation £139!

Come and join us for CHRISTMAS! 23rd – 27th December 2007:

4 nights catered accommodation £199!

Short breaks available throughout the season starting 3rd – 6th January: 3 nights catered accommodation £189!

END OF SEASON SPRING SPECIAL £79! : Any 3 nights catered accommodation between 20th April – 4th May 2008: from ONLY £79!! Including set time transfers from Geneva (subject to availability) and 3 nights catered accommodation including afternoon tea and wine with dinner. Weekend supplement of £12 per person per night for Friday and Saturday will apply.

All of the prices above are based on two people sharing standard type C room. Upgrades on rooms carry supplements (type B £4 per person per night, type A £6 per person per night). For more details on all of our winter holidays please visit www.mountainsunltd.com . Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.igluski.com/propertyinfo.cfm?pid=4415&dep=BFS&suppliercode=877&nextSeason=1&name=Garni_Gimea&referrersiteid=154
Garni Gimea, Livigno, Italy
Board Basis breakfast only
Rating
Location 300m from slopes
100m from ski bus stop
Depart From Belfast Int., London Gatwick, Manchester
Sat 22-DEC £235

TOld you , iglu.com rocks Smile

remember to use thew snowheaqds affiliate link to book, too
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ps Please send the whiskey to

The EOSB 2008
l'Oxalys
Val Thorens

and tell everyone to have a drink on me Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Here's what I have come up with

Pas de la Casa: £351.00 H/B

Arinsal: £288.00 H/B

Livigno: £373.00 H/B or £180.00 B&B

Soll: £229.00 B&B

I reckon Livigno is always a good bet for snow, but already booked to go there in Feb. Snow good in Soll at the moment, but will it survive? also been there before.

Never been to Andorra before, no idea what Chrimbo snow will be like?

Any thoughts peeps?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
http://www.igluski.com/propertyinfo.cfm?pid=18873&dep=BFS&suppliercode=877&nextSeason=1&name=Camelot
Pas de la casa, £319 h/b

We went to the pyrenees for Xmas 2000, it was green till we left on new years eve. They did say it was rather unsual though and in any cas, Pas de la casa is the highest resotr on the pyrenees I think?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nbt,

That one is only a B&B

What did you do all week if it was green?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
there was skiing further up the mountain, so got the lift up to the snow. it puked on the day we left, naturally
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
johnboy wrote:

Conditions:

Direct flights from Belfast
B&B or H/B
Not Arinsal or St Johann
<£350.00

Would that be no St Johann in Tirol (near Kitzbuhel) or no St Johann im Pongau (Ski Amade region) or both? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Alastair Pink,

Tirol. Why?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Is there any other ways to get that bottle of Bushmill's for free? I'd like to taste.. Very Happy
latest report
marko.pyhajarvi,

If you can make your way to Northern Ireland, I'd gladly buy you a few drams Very Happy
snow report
heh.. I'm almost packing my luggage. It's Friday and I have no Bushmill's, but hopefully I do have a bottle of Murray McDavid Bowmore 9 years old..
ski holidays
marko.pyhajarvi,

Any good snow in Finland?
latest report
Not in Hellsinki, all melted. People go skiing in Lappland, but here (1000 km to south from Lappland) it keeps on raining. How is it in Ireland? I've been to Dublin a couple of times but not in north. I'd like to visit one day, with my bike.
snow report
marko.pyhajarvi,

Been relatively cold here over the last few days. 0 degrees at night. High of 4 degrees today. Rain will return tonight. I live close to the coast, so don't get much snow anyway.

If you are ever on the North Coast of Ireland give me a shout. Most beautiful part of Ireland Very Happy
snow conditions
Yeah, I'll keep in mind, thanks! I have seen pictures, it is really beautiful there. That's why I'd like to ride my bike there. Once I almost got a job in there but I decided to work in Switzerland which was not that bad decision.
latest report
Right.

I have found a deal to Tignes with Crystal to the Glacier Catered Chalet for £312.00 leaving Belfast 22/12/07.

Seems to good to be true. Anyone stayed there?
snow report
Ignoring the other thread, Tignes for that price at Christmas is a bargain, book it NOW
latest report
aaaaahhhhh!

I'm so confused - I am about 75% wanting to go! Bit funny about going away at Christmas but I never do anything exciting anyway.

Slowly talking myself into it!
snow conditions
johnboy, Mrs johnboy, JFDI

Suggest avoiding Zermatt ... 5 too many idiots going there....

Go on ..ENJOY

snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
WoW - A genuine chance for me to flog myself??.... we'll see what the moderator thinks Little Angel
So we are in the heart of Ski Amade, Austria - massive ski network cover over 800k of pistes.
The area local to us is the Salzburger Sportwelt.
Local ski areas are; Radstadt/Altenmarkt, Zauchensee, Flachau Winkl, Wagrain, Kleinarl, Flachau, Reiteralm, Fageralm....plus some more...

Very special snowhead price avalable for xmas
(check our website if you don't believe me) of £300 pp for catered chalet stay with the Xmas trimmings. (no flights included I'm afraid).
snow report
flangesax wrote:
we'll see what the moderator thinks Little Angel

This one is always open to negotiation and bribery wink
ski holidays
Agenterre,
Quote:

Suggest avoiding Zermatt ... 5 too many idiots going there....

That's slanderous, Taff Wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Charlatanefc, .. I call it self-deprecation .... (x2) ....... one other 'idiot' I can vouch for ... but you're right slanderous to Arlberg whom I've never met ... although I would respectfully question his heritage wink Toofy Grin

Bring it on.... Twisted Evil

Should we book Xmas Lunch/Drinks or just ... misbehave?
snow report
Agenterre, heh heh heh. We are looking at trying to book Nellies for the evening meal on Xmas Eve (best steak gaff in the place, does all kinds of other "exotic" meats, croc, ostrich, kangaroo, horse, springbok, zebra etc...), and hopefully the Fluhalp (best mountain restaurant in Zermatt IMO) for xmas lunch.

The drinks and misbehaving goes without saying Wink
ski holidays
Charlatanefc, ..please add 1 idiot and someone who is much, much better than me to the booking arrangements if that's OK? snowHead
snow conditions
Agenterre, not surprised you aint wanting to book stuff yerself now Wink
snow report
Charlatanefc, Ok .. give me the numbers who want to turn up and I'll do it ! I can destroy German as well as French and English ! snowHead
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Uh oh, Agenterre .... booking ... ???? Hope you don't mind a takeaway Charlatanefc. wink Laughing
snow conditions
brian, [private zone] He only does takeaways..usually other peoples[/private zone] .... yes, Bookings and I are hardly synonymous Embarassed
latest report
Elizabeth B, find me some punters for xmas and you can have the moon on a stick Laughing
snow report
brian, Agenterre, Laughing Laughing Laughing

AFAIK we have our "man in the know" on the case. (we have mates in the town Wink)
snow report
Still some great deals from Belfast this year:

http://www.crystalski.ie/crystalski_iesearch.do
snow report
That didn't work, but there are a good few catered chalets in France from 444.00 Euro.
snow conditions
flangesax, you haveing the same problems we are I guess? Could have sold New Year 10 times over (and for twice the price...learning experience I guess) but Xmas absolutely shocking.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy