Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bad Kleinkerchheim????

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Everyone
Just wondering if anyone has skied at Bad Kleinkerchheim??? We haven't been to Austria before - we were thinking of heading to Kitzbuhel, but it looks quite crowded and we've had probs finding accommodation there, whereas BKK is a lot easier to find lodgings, just wondered if anyone has any first hand knowledge of the slopes there? We are Intermediate and Expert level skiiers. We were thinking of hiring a car and maybe heading to a few other resorts close-by, would that be worth the extra cost? Any advise - would be welcome!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lkmiller79, welcome to Snowheads. We had our first family ski holiday in St Oswald, a satellite of Bad Kleinkirchheim, but that was many years ago and we were very happy with the small number of pistes in St Oswald. There was a super spa bath and swimming complex in BKK, where you could swim out in warm water, through the thermal curtain, and watch the skiers coming down the mountain. The town, as far as I can remember, is not exactly exciting or especially picturesque, and we weren't good enough skiers to explore even the limited range of pistes in BKK. The scenery is pleasant rather than beautiful. I know very little about Austrian resorts at all well - the only other place I've been is Alpbach. But I suspect there are better bets for an expert skier than BKK. Plenty of snowheads know Austria well and will be along with advice. What time of year are you thinking of going? That would affect the choice, for a number of reasons.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for your reply and advise! We are going from 6th Feb until 13th Feb and are flying into Salzburg.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
lkmiller79, that's a very busy time, UK school holidays and, I believe, overlaps the Fasching holiday in Austria too. You will also always have more trouble getting accommodation when you travel midweek - not so bad at low season, but that's absolute peak season. There have been some other Snowhead threads about this recently, if you do a search, and some useful and well informed advice.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
come to think of it, that's such a busy week, and accommodation will be so expensive, that unless you have to go then, and if your flight was fairly cheap, you could save money, and have a nicer holiday, by going some other time!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes- Pam is right . Unless you have booked accommodation already I doubt you will find any. The first week is fasching week and the next is Vienna week ( when the schools there are shut). Also you will be lucky to get a Wednesday to Wednesday booking. We have been booked for both those weeks since last year- the same people booked who rented last year.

BKK is a nice resort and the spa baths are excellent. the main skiing are quite far apart. A 15 to 20 mins ride on the ski bus. One gondola goes from behind one of the baths. There are other ski areas but not that nearby. You would definitely need a car. The snow in Carinatha is affected by different weather pattern so if the north of Austria gets a lot the south doesn't. It usually does not receive as much snow as salzburgerland or the tyrol.

Hope that helps

Nigel
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for your advise - we do have to go that week - flights were cheap tho, only £60 each and we have found B&B accommodation for 39 Euros each a night, so it won't be expensive - little concerned by how busy it is going to be, but we will just have to get on with it. Can anyone tell me what Fasching week is all about??? It keeps coming up, but am a bit clueless! Cheers for taking time to give advise, its very much appreciated!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
lkmiller79, I'll be there in two weeks to watch the World Cup race. As soon as I return, you can have my report.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ooh fantastic - that would be brilliant - many thanks
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hiya - anyone got some recent updated reviews on this resort - is it worth a visit?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
lkmiller79, I am back from BKK. Skiing was very limited, only 2-3 lifts and pistes were open, so I can not say too much on the whole resort.
Only artificial snow, bu the runs were OK.
The Carintia region is a mystery. It is bordered by the highest Austrian mountains, and often the snow clouds remain on one side where it comes from.
Last year when most resorts suffered from lack of snow in Austria, they had the most snow because the snow came from the south and was stopped by the mountains.
This year the snow clouds came from the north and did not make it through the mountain.
There is a tunnel going through the mountain, and sometimes it is strange to see the difference between the two sides.
I attached some pics on the white runs and the brown mountain sides.

ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
lkmiller79, I may be able to help - I hsve sent you a pm. Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy