Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lidl Snow gear (but do not admit to it)

Poster: A snowHead
just picked some snowboarding socks (padded at heel, shin and calf) and even a snowboard bag (£7 bargain) (I had two bags break last season, one of them every strap ripped off, the other - my wheelie, was run over in the airport carpark Shocked ), plus a silly neck sock thingy that was called a bandana Embarassed

Nearly ready for my 1st Dec flight to Zurich
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Never been in one before ( honest) but this morning bought 3 kids helmets. Bargain at £6.99 each and really impressed with the quality. Couldn't hire them for that price. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
smca, gonna get oen for myself if they do an "Inextricably large" size!! Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Whats Lidl???? Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mouth, cheap supermarket that also has little promotions on things like snow gear, cycle gear, tools etc., normally found in poor cities in UK Very Happy, you may not have one in Henley wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pages/i.home

take a look........................
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
FWIW I reviewed cheap ski "touring" gear for my website a few weeks ago:

http://pistehors.com/news/ski/comments/0754-review-cheap-ski-touring-gear/

I use the Googles, socks and the thinsulate gloves they had on sale a couple of weeks back and I've just bought a couple of their ski jumpers which are really warm. The walking poles they sell are not good though - I had the whole bottom drop off one at the top of a couloir (basket and end) and zip off into the void which ruined my descent. Best to pay 5x as much and get BD flip lock poles or similar. The adult helmets look good if you are into that kind of thing.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
davidof, what about the bandanas?? Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rayscoops, not cool Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
debbi, it is really just a tube for around the neck on those long chair lifts, and not a big hanky that is tied around the head like a tennis player or Bon Jovi, honest, Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rayscoops, i looked on the website ..... please tell me you wont be letting the team down and wearing it like this Shocked

ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
to be cool, you need to be the best boarder on the slopes, not the one in the most expensive gear. To be the best boarder, with ancient unbranded gear held together with gaffer tape, is coolest of all. The least cool, on the other hand, is someone dressed head to toe in expensive brands, who can't ski - or board - for toffee. I like to go for a happy medium. My gear's not very expensive, I can't ski very well, and I can hardly board at all. Not even thought about becoming cool....

Lidl have the cheapest tins of roasted and salted nuts - fantastic tins of cashews for 99 cents. Annemasse. Almonds a bit more. They do amazingly cheap olives too. Some gems, in amongst the tat.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
debbi, that is the one Very Happy but it has a complicated origami style instruction to do that to it, it is just a double layer tube that you can pull one off over the other and tie in a knot, though why any one would want to do that though I have no idea, but i do srill have the receipt though Very Happy I bought that exact one Embarassed after some deliberation Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rayscoops, Thanks. Was being funny ! Sarcastic etc.

Not sure about the kit though.

debbi, that hat really suits you....... Shocked
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w, I have never paid full wack for any of my gear, its all been bought in sales or TK Maxx. I think most of the expensive stuff, I'm talking ladies gear here, is awful ! I love my mid range Roxy & now Betty Rides - they seem to have a shorter trouser leg which is excellent for me !

rayscoops, I think its her expression which is adding to the overall scary 'look'. As long as it doesnt make onto the top of your head I think you'll be ok wink
snow report
Mouth, can I say biatch on here ???? Razz
snow report
rayscoops, Thanks for the info I heard there were snowboards in this week in Dublin so must check have they the other stuff also as I wouldn't mind a new ski bag. I don't know about Lidl but the gear I have bought from Aldi is good quality.
snow conditions
pam w wrote:

Lidl have the cheapest tins of roasted and salted nuts - fantastic tins of cashews for 99 cents. Annemasse.

The Cashews are good, but you would have to be nuts to drive into Annemasse - makes Beruit look calm.
snow report
Mouth wrote:
Whats Lidl???? Toofy Grin

Surely there is a branch in Henley on Thames Laughing
latest report
Quote:
you would have to be nuts to drive into Annemasse - makes Beruit look calm.

you only need to go 150 metres off the motorway though - it's Etrembieres really, not Annemasse. Can pop in to Go Sport for bargains at the same time.
snow report
I just sicked up my supper.

Does the existence of this thread mean there are no moderators hanging around here anymore?
snow conditions
Honda Kitty, don't worry I'm sure you'll re-eat it when you get hungry
ski holidays
Well thats family christmas ski sock and boot bag presents sorted. The helmets ain't bad either for kids
latest report
Honda Kitty wrote:

Does the existence of this thread mean there are no moderators hanging around here anymore?

Wot ? Aren’t we allowed to shop in Lidl then – lowers the tone?
*nurses cut in thumb from scoffing three bags of Lidl pistachio nuts*
snow report
Quote:

and even a snowboard bag (£7 bargain) (I had two bags break last season, one of them every strap ripped off, the other - my wheelie, was run over in the airport carpark ),

We bought one of these last year and cram it full everytime we go away to the point of bursting and it has holds up very well. Would reccommend anyone to get one.
snow conditions
It is only fair to point out smca is Mrs gwaelod and while she is very proud of her purchase I know she won't tell many as she would have to admit she went in a Lidl Laughing Laughing Laughing Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
Lidl is the new Harrod's.
snow report
pam w wrote:
Lidl is the new Harrod's.

ooh no Lidl is much classier than that Arab souk snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We've had Tchibo, then Lidl now it's Aldi on thursday 29th!
snow report
rayscoops, Aldi have got some bl**dy awful snood-type things. You might want to take a look wink
P.S My son got one of those sock necky type thingies - but he's eight.
snow conditions
ickabodblue, it was £3 as I was walking out Very Happy but I may well cut all that chaffy stuff off and just leave the thermal grey bit - but I will trial it on Dec 1st in Andermatt/St Anton/Arosa on the fresh powder Very Happy Very Happy

I do no do Aldi and Lidl wink
snow report
rayscoops, Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green snowHead
latest report
the bandana did not fit, it nearly choked me when I got it round my neck Shocked so from opening it to the bin took all of 30 seconds Very Happy
snow report
rayscoops, you should have sent it to ickabodblue's lad.
snow conditions
pam w, why?? surely he does not deserve to be choked?? wink
ski holidays
rayscoops, I'll bet he's got a thinner neck...
ski holidays
pam w, just noticed he is eight Very Happy
snow conditions
rayscoops, shame about it not fitting wink
ski holidays
rayscoops, Quite often does deserve to be choked!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy