Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New ski station maybe developed in Europe imminently.

Poster: A snowHead
Just out of interest - does anyone know about the development of a new ski station. I have been monitoring one for a while and there is a danger it might happen - I say danger because in this case it would be a tragedy. I am curious to know how many are already aware.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No, please tell us more.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not a chance !
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Resort X2 by any chance?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Don't leave us hanging!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I don't know what X2 is. It's a horrid ecological issue and the less people know the better.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
krunchie63 wrote:
I don't know what X2 is. It's a horrid ecological issue and the less people know the better.
So why mention it?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://www.x2ski.no/02-konkurranser.html nothing to do with that is it
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I wanted to know who already knew. It is not a good prospect for a ski station anyway. I am sure you will research it now - answers on a postcard please.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

So why mention it?

Why indeed? This thread is worse than those notices in cartoons, which say nothing but "Don't throw stones at this notice"
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Do you mean the one in switzerland that has been sold to a UK company for one pound/euro/CHF. If so there is a thread about it here somewhere. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What do you SH's think about Garmont's Boot range for 2009/10? rolling eyes
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:

A bit too futuristic.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
krunchie63 wrote:

Are you concerned about it; going ahead, or not going ahead. If its the former then the more people that know the better, surely.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
SMALLZOOKEEPER, impressive!
snow report
Rossfra8 wrote:
http://www.x2ski.no/02-konkurranser.html nothing to do with that is it
No.
snow report
boredsurfin wrote:
Do you mean the one in switzerland that has been sold to a UK company for one pound/euro/CHF. If so there is a thread about it here somewhere. Toofy Grin
No..this is fun.
snow report
jbob wrote:
krunchie63 wrote:

Are you concerned about it; going ahead, or not going ahead. If its the former then the more people that know the better, surely.
I don't want it to go ahead.
snow conditions
krunchie63 so if someone did post that they knew about it the secret would be out. Good job you're the only one who knows what the hell you talking about Twisted Evil
ski holidays
krunchie63, So, right someone comes on topic and spills the beens, if not what was the point of this? If they do then your game is up. Ooops that's the bell ringing, you're mum will be waiting to take you home, those fishfingers will be getting cold, don't forget your PE kit.
"Oh you're so well informed." Laughing
ski holidays
krunchie63, is it the one in France?
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, Oh don't you start.
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Are you Jeff Vader?
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:

Do you mean
Porte de Neiges foxy? Really an Andorran project though.

I think the OP has "fumee trop la moquette" and this thread is completely pointless.
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:

Floppy Gramont rubbish as usual, although the grooves on the Dynafit inserts are welcome. I hate pink too. Fancy calling a boot "Jong" anyway.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 21-11-07 18:36; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
krunchie63, So, right someone comes on topic and spills the beens, if not what was the point of this? If they do then your game is up. Ooops that's the bell ringing, you're mum will be waiting to take you home, those fishfingers will be getting cold, don't forget your PE kit.
"Oh you're so well informed." Laughing
Don't be mean...I know who you are. Ok ok ok ok...it is in Los Picos de Europa...near to Santander...they have been planning it for years but this summer they released the piste map because the developers think they may be able to force it through govt. There is a major issue with bears and it would be very sad if they went through with it - especially as it will be a white elephant because the location is awkward and the snow conditions are very unreliable. At first i thought it would be a lovely place to be then i looked more into it and I changed my mind - it will ruin a very beautiful national park.
snow conditions
krunchie63, We'll make a Journalist of you yet! Laughing
ski holidays
davidof wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:

Do you mean
Porte de Neiges foxy? Really an Andorran project though.

I think the OP has "fumee trop la moquette" and this thread is completely pointless.
No I looked at that a few years ago as I lived near there. That is porte puymorens and the prospective connection to pas de la casa.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
davidof wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:

Floppy Gramont rubbish as usual, although the grooves on the Dynafit inserts are welcome. I hate pink too. Fancy calling a boot "Jong" anyway.

That's the 2011/2012 one. The 09/10 range is purely for snowblades, at SZK's request.
snow report
Quote:

There is a major issue with bears

Couldn't they just shoot the bears then the issue would be resolved?
latest report
Wont the bears all be asleep? I always feel a bit of a hypocrite talking about green issues as skiing is such a decadent sport.
snow conditions
jbob wrote:
Wont the bears all be asleep? I always feel a bit of a hypocrite talking about green issues as skiing is such a decadent sport.
....that isn't the problem sadly...that was my first naive reaction too. The problem is the station will cut off the two populations of this type of bear that are left and then they will probably all die within a few years. You can skitour there and the locals have been doing so for a very long time but the development of roads, snow cannons, hotels, appartment blocks etc is what will do the damage.
snow report
cfc5mu0, once yo shoot the bears, the problem becomes the munters. Get to the point at the start and only let pretty girls in in the first place.
snow report
David Murdoch, you could be on to something there...
snow conditions
David Murdoch, Laughing
Murdoch for Mayor of Cham'.

Incidently, i was in the Pharmacy the other day. The two French women asked me to think about standing for mayor, they think and Englishman would sort Cham' right out, poor women. Laughing
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER,

Were they fit?
ski holidays
krunchie63 wrote:
There is a major issue with bears...

Lucky with have SZK and NZK on the boards. Those paws have got to be be sods to size properly...

...though I wonder how well bears could telemark...?
snow conditions
A quick search on good old Google reveals the following site where you can sign a petition opposing this ski resort development:
http://www.picos-accommodation.co.uk/ski-touring-picos-de-europa.htm#sanglorio
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
David Murdoch, Laughing
Murdoch for Mayor of Cham'.

Incidently, i was in the Pharmacy the other day. The two French women asked me to think about standing for mayor, they think and Englishman would sort Cham' right out, poor women. Laughing

What exactly were the women collecting from the pharmacy?
latest report
davidof,
Quote:

Fancy calling a boot "Jong" anyway

Funny I did'nt even know Ikea made ski boots.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy