Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Bags

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm struggling here! For space-anyone know of a double ski bag that also has capacity for boots? Heading out to Banff for the season and the 23kg baggage limint is proving restrictive and boots in the ski bag would be pefect!

Thanks in advance.

Ross
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rossfra8, do they weigh less if you have them in a different bag? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Air Canada Baggage restrictions are 2 bags of no more than 23 kg- this would allow me to fill my clothes suitcase with clothes and things-and my ski bag with skis and boots-and maybe some salopettes/jackets etc depending on room! I have to make a connecting flight with BA and this is when teh ski bag would come as "sporting equipment" if that makes sense to you..
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rossfra8, You may be better with a board bag to put it all in.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
would that fit my 2 pairs of skis (lengths between 164 and 178) and my boots?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Snow & Rock's big wheelie ski bag has enough room for a boots and 2 pairs of skis (up to about 180cm, I reckon) plus poles and other odds and sods. Fully padded, plenty of straps & handles too. Got one to get around air canadas restrictions for my own banff trip. I'll check the size later on to ensure I'm not talking out of my backside.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Rossfra8, The only problem with a board bag may be the length.
Dakine used to do a 180cm board bag which we've got and used it last season for my skis and poles amd Mr m's 2 boards ( ones a libtech doughboy at 178 - huge thing) his bindings and his board boots and our ski pants and jackets plus a few fleeces.
AsCunners, has said there are some big wheelie bags out there that should be long enough, there was lasy year when I was looking. Check ebay. Hope that helps.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Right - It's not quite as long as it looks (about 210), but I can easily fit 1 pair 180 skis and a pair of boots plus 1 pair 150 skis in the S&R bag with room to spare for poles and other junk. Ellis Brigham do one too so I presume its a generic design. Ze Germans on ebay stores probably do one for about 50€, if you know German for "wheelie bag", which I don't.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Rossfra8, EB's wheeled ski bag will take two pairs of skis and two pairs of boots . . . mind, my boots weigh 6Kg and Skis 7.5Kg. . . . add to that my board, flow bindings, poles and clothing for padding and it weighed 33Kg at GVA

Most bags weigh about 5Kg on their own
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I am not sure if i can paste a link here but i will go ahead
Admin please delete it if you feel its inappropriate.
http://www.facewest.co.uk/Dakine-Fall-Line-Double.html
That’s the one you need, 2 ski sets boots, wheels ... and is cheapest around.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
that looks ace-cheers SERJOE, any idea what they are like for customer service etc? i may just order that....
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dont know bout a double ski bag, but Lidl are dong ski bags for £5
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Rossfra8 wrote:
that looks ace-cheers SERJOE, any idea what they are like for customer service etc? i may just order that....

they are perfect!!!
bought a bag from them (single) last week -delivery is cheap £1.95 and came with parcelforce 48 2 days later. No regrets whatsoever

there is a good return policy in place as well.
and you wont find it cheaper anywhere - trust me, ive checked them all.(took me days )
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ace i've favourited it and ill get it ordered after pay day!!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy