Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

best place to learn how to ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Lechbob, hope for me yet then, having only skied about 6 or 7 half days abroad due to dodgy weather, plus a few lessons & some practice sessions on UK indoor slopes
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i have to agree with the majority of stuff said in this post. I went on my 1st ski holiday in march to pas de la casa in Andorra, wasn't sure whether it was for me, so my mate draged me to xscape in MK, did the 1 hr lesson and loved it, so booked to do a ski in a day course at £150 quid bearing in mind the 1 hr lesson was £30.

I got on well to start with, but by lunch it went to pots as my leg muscles were tired at it was set to the pace of the best in the class. I wasn't beaten and returned on 2 further occasions for more practice/lessons and managed to get from the top of the slop down, however including lessons clothes hire and petrol I reckon this cost me more than my ski holiday prob voer £500.
A taster session I say go for it, learn there I say No way unless you live around the corner! To expensive.

I learnt more in resort at ski school and I was lucking I had a great instructor who spoke english after 2 days, I decided that I was ready for more help and didn't feel like adventuring out on the mountain on my own so I went for a 2 hr private 1 on 1 lesson in the afternoon and the progress I made was unbelieveable, I came top of my class and completed several red runs by the last day. I say spend your money wisely and learn in the way that suits you best, everyones different, whether it be slowly, one on one, or in a group. And I would give thumbs up for andorra! snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just four kilometers from my home is Talma Ski resort. Steep and narrow, very gnarly. Dangerous place. 55 meters high..

http://www.talmaski.fi/index_en.html

heh.. yeah, it is good resort for beginners. My kids started skiing in there and go there on weekends. Anyhow, you probably will not spend your skiing vacation in Finland Very Happy

Oh, and it really IS only 55 meters high.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jeraff wrote:
whitewizard wrote:
notverygoodatskiing, Niederau,Austria. Not only was has Wildschonau Ski School been voted best ski school in the WORLD in the past it is a wonderful place to stay. With this year starting off like it has,Niederau should be a great place for a beginner to learn. Great ENGLISH speaking instructors that will have a beginner feeling great after a week.

I'd agree with this. I went to Neiderau a couple of years ago to give skiing one last chance after two miserable attempts 15 years previously. If you can manage outside Austrian school holidays, it will be pretty quiet too.

Their ski schools were 5 hours a day for the same price as 2.5 hours elsewhere. And for complete beginners they had a scheme called 'Learn to turn' where if you really can't get on with skiing and gave up by the end of the 3rd day you get a full refund. This happened to my other half, although they offered her a private lesson to the value of the remaining school lesson time, which she took.

Best part for me were the two blue (or green?) runs at the bottom which are long and wide enough to practice on and short enough to only take a minute on the button lift so you can practice before and after the ski school.

Another vote from me too, it's where I learnt (well Oberau and last day in Neiderau), absolutely charming villages and friendly locals.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just a shame I've outgrown the hill at Niederau as I miss the small village thing, Hebert & his harp, the Cave Bar etc. where you get to know almost everyone by the end of the week. Too low in warm winters. Skiing at Aufach is not too shoddy so must go back one day if I have a spare week & get a deal.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Another vote for Niederau, english speaking instructors, easy slopes
We only skied there once but it gave us the bug by day two
I past through the village a couple of years ago in the summer and could not belive how gentle the slopes were
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy