Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Teapot drill

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i also see a lot of the canadian trained guys use the double teapot coupled with a big lean of the upper body to the outside to force some weight onto the outside
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hurtle, It might not help you that's the problem with exercises. there are hundreds of them and variations on nearly all of those. You (we, ski teachers) pick an exercise we think will help that particular student at that particular moment in time (or maybe even make one up). In ickabodblue,'s case, she's looking for things to do on a not very big plastic slope to help her improve and keep herself amused. To this end it probably doesn't matter whether one exercise is particularly appropriate or not - none will hurt and some will help.

In your case (I think I'm right in that you don't ski regularly on plastic), it would be better to wait until you had an instructor looking at you and giving you particular exercises. OTOH I doubt if you'll get any on the SCGB off piste week! As an old school skier, the teapot may not be appropriate.

skimottaret, Actually I don't talk about pressure either, and my methods with beginners have already had major post time, so I don't propose to bore people by repeating them. I use the term weight/pressure IIRC in order to be clear, and I certainly don't get them leaning over the ski either!! Shocked
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
easiski, no, don't stop now!!! You mentioned "knee and foot steering" earlier, and said that this was not foot rotation, I'm trying to work out what you mean by knee and foot steering?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
[quote="easiski"]As an old school skier, the teapot may not be appropriate. [quote]

because they tend to over counter?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy