Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bourg St Maurice

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Everyone,

We are staying in Bourg this season from the 6th of January until Mid March. I know we are onyl 10 mins away from the mono rail up to Arc 1600.

If any one has any info that would help us we would ove to have it!!

Especially:

1. We are bringing our dog so need a local vet
2. Best way to get cheapest lift passes
3. Best bars and eating pads in BSM
4. Cheapest places for buying daily stuff (food etc.)
5. Other stuff to do in BSM
6. Cheapest was to use a mobile
7. Best internet hook up pads
8. Is there a local english speeking club or set of people who hook up for skiing etc.

And anything else you think might help.

Thanks,

John & Fiona
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
john godley, .... welcome to snowHeads ... snowHead

You are going to love Bourg St Maurice & more than a few snowHeads have Winter pads there ..... Laughing

I am not too far away either ..... Toofy Grin

Where are you staying ... ?

1. There are two vets in Bourg - just ask at the Bureau de Poste or nearest Tabac for directions
2. Season Pass will probably be the best - allow about 750,00 euro unless you are entitled to a subsidized workers pass
3. My favourite is Le Bon Coin
4. Three Supermarkets - Super U, Champion & Lidlyl
5. Ski .. !
6. Local sim on pay-as-you-go (Two mobile phone shops in centre) I use SFR
7. Super U have free internet access in their cafe - for customers only.
8. Place snowheads sticker on forehead, or other prominent place ... loads of people ...

What type of skiing do you like ... ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
john godley,

Welcome, plenty will be along to offer advice but you have picked a great spot for the season.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Chinese restaurant is good.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good place to hook up with ex-pats and locals for skiing is the Monal in Ste Foy en Tarentaise (not Ste Foy station).....10 minutes up the road.....several instructors, guides, heli pilots etc. Get them early before they fall over drunk wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The pizza place by the station is really good
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Bernard,

Thanks for the welcome Very Happy

I currently favour strapping two planks to my feet and going with the flow. My better half is the same. Have you ever hooked up with the Ski Club og GB? Do you know if they are any good in the BSM area? Do you have your own pad in BSM? We are thinking of maybe buying a small pad here if we like it.

John Cool
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
John & Fiona , welcome to snowheads.
I presume you read the fine print of the contract when you signed on here
As a resident of Bourg St Maurice you are expected to meet all the overnight trains and invite snowheads back to your pad for breakfast and a bath.
I'm coming out on January 26th, so see you there at 06:30
Two croissants and a large coffee please. And I like lots of bubbles in the bath. Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jonpim, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
john godley, welcome to snowheads snowHead

I'm just been nosey, but how did you manage to swing so much time in the snow? Confused
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
john godley, .... I see Jonpim, has managed to wangle an invitation already. Whatever you do, don't lend him your front door keys ... Toofy Grin

I am in Chester for a few days & have limited web access - will give you chapter & verse when I have more time next week, but the Ski Club have a Rep in Les Arcs and I have nearly always enjoyed skiing with them. Also a great way to meet people. snowcrazy, Kieran, and quite a few snowHead 's in residence. I live about 15 minutes drive from Bourg on the road up towards La Plagne. We can meet up for a day in January and I will introduce you the VIPs of Bourg .... Toofy Grin

.... and Jonpim, will be about too ... Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I too am arriving in Bourg on the morning of the 26th January! ...along with 8 people. How many baths are available? snowHead

...I imagine the share price of bubble bath is going to go through the roof that weekend.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jonpim, Very Happy Toofy Grin Smile Madeye-Smiley Shocked .
john godley, we will be passing through on April 4th.

Do you think that you could extend your stay to allow us to avail ourselves of your facilities? (party of eighteen) wink

Seriously though, BernardC is your man.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PS Some snowHead s may consider it a bit bad form to crow about a whole season arrangement in your very first post Shocked

Welcome to snowHead s
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi Nick,

Whole season? Its only 12 weeks!! Embarassed

J&F&H (H is the dog)
latest report
Hi Dave,

Well, it's a long story, but my better half has managed to get a whole years sabbatical. So, as of 1st Jan we are off travelling for a year (that will really wee wee Nick off!!) Laughing So, i have just asked my boss if l can get a year off and just said YES!!!!!!!!! snowHead too After BSM, we are off to Utah to finish off the season. Some one's got to do it Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Hi Bernard,

Fantastic stuff. Much appreciated. It would be good to hook up in January.

J&H wink
latest report
Hi All,

Just thought about another question Puzzled We have lots of mates coming out to abuse our hospitality during our BMS visit. Are there any good boot and ski hire pads you would recommend where visitors can just hire for a few days or up to a week at good prices?

Thanks,

J&F
ski holidays
john godley, we have just bought season passes - in another area - and there is a huge discount for passes bought before the end of November. Find out quick whether a similar arrangement exists where you are going. A season pass will definitely be your best bet. Have fun.
snow conditions
There are big season pass discounts for orders before 1/12 for Les Arcs - Check their website http://www.lesarcs.com I guess there will be too for the other areas within striking distance.

We are out on the 12th Jan for a 'boys weekend ( or as Mrs W puts it, a short week) but flying via Grenoble, so no need to meet the train...
what sort of skiing do you like? drop me a PM if you are interested in hooking up for a swift tour around the Les Arcs bits of things.

JimW

PS welcome to snowHead
snow conditions
john godley, fair play to you, i hope you have a fantastic time. Whats going to happen to H when you go to Utah?! I'm sure my dog would love to go on a ski trip one day, not sure whether she'd be a skier or a boarder though Very Happy
snow report
Hi Dave,

H will be going to the parents whilst we are in Utah. She is coming with us to many parts of Europe during our year off. In our experience dogs just love snow. We are hoping the French will still allow her up on the lifts. They did a few years ago in the summer (we love to go walking in the alps) but l have recently been told that they are not allowing this now. Sad They certainly allow dogs up in Austria and Switzerland. Very Happy

Where are you skiing this year?

J
snow report
Hey all you snowheads
I'm also coming over for the season - going to live in Les Enchine (a little village up the road from Bourg) Actually can't wait to get there Very Happy Is anyone going to set up a ski group, if so, I'd love to join so I dont end up skiing alone? Am arriving on 1st Dec and staying until end of April Smile
latest report
skichick, Welcometo snowheads. This thread is 3 years old so don't be surprised if you don't get much resposne. You could start a new thread with a specific title e.g. anyone in Bourg St Maurice for the 2010-11 season? Actually I think someone has started as seasonnaires thread - I'll have a look
ski holidays
skichick, Welcome to SH's there is a Les Arc season thread going on

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=66382#1625273

this might be a good place to get contacts for the season as well Smile
snow conditions
skichick, welcome to the Bourg snowheads. Rather than continue this very old thread, as livetoski, says come over to the Les Arcs season thread and between all of us we should be able to answer all your questions.
ski holidays
Hi do you have much snow out there for christmas and new year? best way to get to you from chambery as well?
ski holidays
A good (and extremely good value) place to stay if you have your own transport is La Petite Auberge on the edge of Bourg. They also have a very nice little restaurant downstairs. They are probably cheap because it is a long walk from the centre (though do-able) and there are a limited number of buses.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There are Ski Club of GB reps in the Bourg SM area at Les Arcs, La Plagne, Tignes, Val d'Isere, Val Thorens, Meribel and Courchevel.
Look on the Ski Club website to find where they meet and where the rep is based. They ski different standards on different days (in theory at least - if nobody of that standard turns up then they go with who are there. And some resorts at peak periods have 2 Reps so do groups of different standards). Contact the Rep to find out details.
ski holidays
tonsky, snowball, skichick, holidayloverxx, livetoski, Read when the questions were asked. Smile 2007!!!!! Guys this thread is so so so old. It was from 2007 Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Go to the current Les Arcs thread for 2010 in the snow reports section to ask questions. Let this go back to sleep forever. Twisted Evil

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=66382#1625273
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy