Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val D for Christmas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am squeeky with excitement as we've just booked to go to Val D'Isere for Christmas week. I've skied in Tignes before but not stayed in Val. We're going with Inghams and got the last room at 3* Hotel Samovar (please don't say horrible things about it as it's too late now!). It overlooks the world cup piste in la Daille. If I'd like a refresher lesson on day 2 can anyone recommenda decent school?

Can't wait snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
my wife and daughter used evolution2 last year , cant fault them. http://www.evolution2.com/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mountain Masters.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cool, we're going for Xmas too - have a great time Very Happy

I've used Progression before and found them excellent, have booked the family in for lessons with them over Xmas and am skiing with Ken Smith who runs the school - if you contact them he'll probably be the one who replies - top bloke and really helpful Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We were in La Daille in April and had some sessions with The Development Centre. I can't recommend them enough. We are both intermediates keen to improve and we are much more confident after our experience with Ant Swallow ( our instructor) they have an excellent website.

We didn't stay at The Samovar but it looks really cosy and the bar and restaurant are highly rated. The position couldn't be better for access to the Espace Killy. You have a funicular, chairlift and gondola 150 m form your door. La Daille gets a bit of a slagging on some websites on account of its large modern apartment blocks and out of town location. However I think this is unfair as the glamour ( and racket) of central Val d'Isere is a 5 minute bus ride away and the bus service is astonishingly efficient. It runs until 2.00 am and even if you were to miss it, it is only a 20 minute flat walk back in your nice warm beer jacket. There are good facilities in La Daille itself and the views of the World Cup Men's Downhill OK piste are sensational. Your choice of home runs is the best in Val d'Isere.

I must admit to an interest as I bought an apartment here in 2006 but as it is sale and leaseback I am innocent of touting for lettings. The above is my honest opinion and echoed by non-owner friends.

Looks like you are going to get great snow. I hope you have a ball.

Let us know how you get on? Little Angel
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Development Centre are pretty good.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks everyone, this is all very encouraging. The hotel does indeed look cosy and I've now read some good reports so feel I've made the right choice, plus I've never had a bad trip with Inghams.

I'm not worried about being a 5 min bus ride from the action and am happy to be in La Daille. Not being a monster party bunny I like a bit of peace and quiet so would rather not have it all happening on my doorstep!

Anyway, so long as the snow is good and the vin chaud strong and hot then I'll be very content! wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy