Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car parking in Les Arcs 1800

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone advise on car parking in Les Arcs 1800, travelling from Geneva airport and basically just using the car to get us there and back so need somewhere to park the car for the week... wont need to move it once parked, is it free parking? is it easier to park in bourg st maurice and get the funicular up etc HELP me please , thanks Andrew
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is a large outdoor car park below the centre of 1800, which is free of charge, and a couple of covered multi-story car parks closer to the centre which you need to pay for. Plus smaller parking areas dotted around the place. Where in 1800 are you staying, and what time of year are you going to be there?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar wrote:
Where in 1800 are you staying, and what time of year are you going to be there?

andybabes, and what car do you drive? Please leave snow chains attached wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, staying in an apartment in Aiguille Grive , will be there at half term 9th feb
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
saxabar, we are picking the car up from geneva [ swiss side] so should come with chains, but not sure how to putt the bugs on Confused
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
saxabar, we are picking the car up from geneva [ swiss side] so should come with chains, but not sure how to putt the bugs on Confused
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I used one of the multi-story car parks a couple of years ago. You can't miss the one we parked in. You drive past all the free parking (which was rammed!) and there's a branch off to the left which goes downhill (if I haven't gone completely senile and forgotten it all snowHead ). The car park is underground, and very poorly lit. Just a little scary at 04:00 when loading the car on your own! Twisted Evil

Can't remember it being that expensive, and definitely better than potentially having to dig your car out before heading back to Geneva.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
andybabes wrote:

It will also come with winter tyres, reducing the need for putting on the chains. If you do have to put the chains on the best tip I've been given is to try to find something like a covered car park or garage to fit them. It's much easier to do it on snow-free road than do battle with slush and ice.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy