Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Does anyone suffer from sore shins in ski boots? Help is at hand!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Radical Freeride, my daughter has just got back from Flaine. She was thrilled with the Shin Shields. The first day she didn't push them far enough down, and she got really nasty shin burn on the lower shins, but absolutely nothing where the Shields had been. Next day she pushed them right down, and it didn't get worse (though she still has scars from that first day).

She took a photo of her legs, with her mobile phone, after the first day. Very red and rubbed and sore at the bottom, but smooth and unmarked where the shields had been. Would be a good ad for the product, though she has no idea how to get the picture of her phone!

Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skis4others, sorry, hadn't seen your post before. Probably poor punctuation on my part. I meant "worth trying to hire female specific boots, or buy them". I expect you can hire female specific boots, maybe more likely in bigger shops.

If you really want an expert opinion on what boots will suit you, go to see CEM. Comfortably boots make all the difference in the world to one's enthusiasm for skiing!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks Pam W. ive just got back from a weekend skiing. I tried asking for a female specific boot but no luck. I did go for a bigger size than i have in the past- i'm a size 6 so i went for a 40 boot. although the agony was still there i managed to get through the weekend by taking them off after evry run and massaging the cramp out of my foot and leg! not ideal i know. when i go next time, i will definitly try out this CEM. Is it a shop in the UK?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skis4others, CEM is a bootfitter in Bicester (unlikely as that sounds) and general foot expert who has an excellent reputation among his/her fellow snowheads. I've no idea how far Bicester is from Cardiff (not far enough is what springs to mind, but it's best left unsaid). S/he posted earlier on this thread and can presumably be contacted by pm or clicking on his sig.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skis4others,

http://www.solutions4feet.com/

If you are still managing to ski with all that palaver you will just fly in the right boots.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skis4others, but I think he is away at the moment.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Has any one mentioned Shaving ? l read somewhere that hairy legs, especially if shin was moving against the boot can cause soreness
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy