Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Year Skiing from Manchester

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi I'm going round and round looking at Ski Holidays for myself, partner and 2 boys 15 and 13. We skied for the first time last year and loved it! We went over New Year and were extremely lucky to have snow.

This year we want to go skiing again but may have left it too late. We are looking towards the snow sure resorts of France, La Plage. Les Deux Alpes etc.
There seems to be quite a lot of availability ,but not from Manchester. Airport.
I was thinking of booking our own flights and car hire but partners not keen driving up the mountains in snow - although we have driven all through France many times in the summer.
We want a Chalet or Hotel with ensuite facilities and separate room for the boys. If it's got a spa, sauna even better.
Anyone any ideas, recommendations.
If we do have to fly/drive ourselves, do the car hire companies supply snow chains
Thanks for any help
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Joto, welcome to snowheads. have you tried the big aggregator like http://www.igluski.com/ where you can search for deasls from most of the majors? It's also worth trying the smaller companies - try ski miquel, http://miquelhols.co.uk/ -
Current Availability
Xmas, New year, Half term and Easter dates are selling fast, still limited availibilty
Ring 01457 821 200 for correct, fast and accurate information

not involved, but have used them and thin k they were great
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Joto, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead

Silver Ski and Ski Olympic both have nice spots in La Plagne and flights from Manchester. I happily holiday with both companies.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Joto, welcome to Snowheads!

If you're set on going from Manchester, why not try Austria instead? Thomsonfly go to Salzburg, and are offering flights out on 28/12/07 and back on 5/1/08 for about £210 per person all in at the moment. From Salzburg, you have a choice of several excellent ski areas, including Ski Amade, Saalbach/Hinterglemm, and Kaprun/Zell am See, all of which currently have 1.5m+ of snow (2.5m+ on the Kitzsteinhorn glacier at Kaprun), whereas the "snow sure" French resorts are showing 10cm in LDA, and 30cm in La Plagne, although both are forecast to have more this week.

As for driving, all of these Austrian resorts start at low level, so there's only snow cover down to the town at the coldest part of the year, which means that you can get away with driving a hire car on winter tyres most of the time. If you're worried, they'll also rent you some chains, or you can buy a cheap set at a garage if you need them.

Alternatively, for France the main tour operators are probably your best bet now, as they may have some clearance "short notice" bargains coming up, but not necessarily in the centre of town or in the more popular resorts.

Paul.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys I'll check out your recommendations. The companies I've tried so far are showing availability, it's only when I phone and ask for Manchester Airport that I hit a brick wall.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Joto, We still have availability in our catered chalet in Alpe d'Huez which already has plenty of snow! We don't have Manchester flights (only Gatwick ones) but we will be happy to give a good discount for you driving or finding and alternative flight out to the Alps. We also give excellent discounts to fellow snowheads AND are offering half price lift passes at the moment!!! If you are interested please have a look at our website www.skialacarte.co.uk and get in touch. Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Guys

Just to let you know we are now sorted for New Year. thanks for all the help.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well don't keep us all guessing - where are you going???? rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry. I've taken Katski up on her offer. We are off to Alpe d'Huez with Ski a la Carte over New Year and can't wait! just need it to keep on snowing now and get the Michele Thomas tapes out. Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Joto,
Quote:

Michele Thomas

Didn't he play for Arsenal?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy