Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

seasonnaire work sought - advice & suggestions please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
An Aussie friends daughter & mate, currently in London, are thinking of trying to get some work in the snow - though it's perhaps a bit late, has anyone any advice, suggestions or recommendations please?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nickH,

A good place to start

http://www.natives.co.uk/index.htm
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I can't remember the deal for Aussies in Europe, I think they can work no problem. They can't with out an Ancestry euro passport in Switzerland.

It's not too late, but being a pair might find it slightly harder.

My first point of call would be to ring around all of the big TOs and see if there are any jobs that might suit left. Lots of people were hired at the end of September but will have pulled out by the departure date (next week or two for big companies in main resorts).

The other choice would be to pick a resort and get out there ASAP. Short term accommodation will be cheap right now, then if they find work they want sort themselves out after.

Easy.

PM if you have any specific questions.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If they're looking for TO work they need UK bank accounts and permanent NI numbers. If they don't have EU passports they will also need any appropriate work visas for the country in question. A UK work visa will not entitle them to work in France, for example.

If they don't have EU passports, their best bet is to go to resort and look for cash in hand work or TOs desperate for staff. If either one of them can cook, this will help.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I did 10 seasons in Mayrhofen and work was always fairly easy to come by if you arrived around the beginning of December.
Short term accomodation the same really, maybe book a week before leaving though to give time to get sorted.
Could give some contact details for people to talk to when they arrive if needed ?
Email below.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all, some really useful advice here that I'll pass on immediately. don't know what the situation with their visa's is, but sure that they'll be interested to know that working for cash is not out of the question !
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In St Anton & pretty much applies to most Austrain reosrts.

The best time to find work is straight after the peak season New Years week (This is the probation period) . This is when most businesses throw out all the staff that have not performed. Quite often you can just walk into a job

If you look for jobs now. For every one job there are 80 (min) skibums chasing it.

Unless your employer is sponsoring you . Ozzys can only work in Europe if they have an EU passport. All the Ozzys I have come across are dual UK , OZ Passport holders. I know when registering in St Anton they are very strict on this.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nickH,

I am certain there will be plenty of operators looking for staff who will be prepared to offer them a job as a couple. The hard part is going to be finding those same operators, they will probably need to apply to quite a lot to find the few. As has been said Natives is a good place to start, or simply email CV's to the different companies.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks stanton, the advice about waiting 'till the New Year is interesting & might well suit them as I suspect they'd like to try the uk Xmas bit ( though god knows why ).

Thanks also sideslip, I've already passed on the 'natives' details & will generate a list of the larger operators if they're keen enough to go for the bulk e-mailing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy