Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

NEW BAG...HELP!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey everyone.. oo im scared Puzzled , i dont snowoard, know anything about snowboarding or know anyone who does it

Anyways!! Im a product designer and i work with a company who are looking into designing a new bag for transporting everything you need to where ever u wanna go!

I kno theres loooads o bags on the market at the moment but im sure there not perfect right?? so i was hoping i could get some views from you lot about what u look for in a bag, the problems etc?!? I just wanna design something to make ur life so much easier but its gotta look awesome!!!!

ANY IDEAS?? please let me kno what you think Very Happy

Kaylie ♥
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi kayliecromp, you've come to right place for help. You might just need help with your mental state afterwards....

My first thoughts to this are, please, please, please check with the airlines first. For years each airline and then, IME, each airport you fly in to or out of has completely different thoughts on what it exceptable.

For years I traveled with one large snowboard bag with everything packed in it. I've had Easyjet try to charge me extra at Luton, Gatwick and Bristol. (Never at GVA). And even BA had a go at me in oversize baggage one time.

So before you go making and selling a bag, please make sure you can travel with it. As I for one would be super miffed if I paid for a product that just brought me more hassle than separate luggage.

The design? Rip off one of Dakines, bags: wheels, separate compartments for stuff, wet section for boots etc so you can leave after a day on the hill and compression straps so you can stuff it then make it look a little smaller.

Snowboard bag? Don't forget a secret stash compartment. Cool
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
parlor wrote:
Hi kayliecromp, you've come to right place for help. You might just need help with your mental state afterwards....

Puzzled

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 19-11-07 9:15; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Keep the weight down. I want my baggage allowance spent on the contents, not the bag.

Taken to its logical conclusion, then; what I need is lots of supermarket carrier bags.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good luck with your Mission in what appears to be a very saturated market. Remember we the customer want the best quality goods for the least amount of money Twisted Evil If your intending to make your 'transport everything bag' a wheelie bag then don't scrimp on the type of wheels.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Maybe work on the principle that Dakine employs with its 'Split' range of bags but have the bottom half as a board bag with wheels, and the top half as a storage bag for clothes etc. This would allow the suer to ahve a full set of gear for a long stay/week+ holiday, or clip off the top half and just have the board bag (where you can also store clothes etc) for a shorter stay or when you want to travel light.

Price is the key factor I reckon; a Dakine spliut bag will set you back £100+ so for that money, if you build a board bag into that too, then you'd be onto a winner.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kayliecromp, real lack of a ski bag with room for boots, i know it sounds daft but if you are spending the season across the pond(as i am) then boots can take up a large amount of suitcase space for important things like whiskey for example. But in all seriousness if it could take my boots, and was cheaper than salomons creation, put my name ont he list!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy