Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travelling to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I'm proposing to drive to Austria (Nr Salzburg) in February 2008.
Has anyone done this already, and is there an obvious/direct route?
I guess what I mean does anyone know a tried and trested route??

Thanks,
skidad_2007 snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skidad_2007, I go... Calais - Lille - Liege - Aachen - Frankfurt - Nurnberg - Munich - Salzburg. Off hand can't tell you the road numbers. Others go the Cologne, Karlsruhe, Stuttgart, Munich way but I seem to remember it being more fiddly and slower.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowHead Ok thanks very much, will lokk into your route. Razz
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi,

Do you have winter tyres or snow chains?? Try at least to get snow chains as people found out this week heavy snow can cause chaos even for the Austrians!!. It can also snow heavily around Munich as well. In Austria in heavy snow the police will stop you and ask you to put snow chains on -if you don't have them you will not be able to go any where!!. This even happens on the motorway!!.

By the way where about are you going near Salzburg??

Nigel
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nigel,

Thanks for the tip - have just purchased chains and awaiting their arrival - hope the delivery person was not stuck in snow - he might use my chains!!

I'm heading for St. Johann im Pongau, where we hope to catch up with my son who'll be already in Austria for the seasons FIS races.

Happy Skiing snowHead

skidad_2007
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi,

St.Johann is about 15mins away from us. If you fancy a ski over in our area send us an e-mail.

Remember to practice putting the snow chains on and off. Its easier then trying to figure it out in all the snow!!

Nigel

PS What FIS racing is your son taking part in?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nigel,

Thanks for the invitation, I'm a very poor skier, although I do manage some quite steep terrain on times - I often wonder where my son got his abilities from.

He'll be racing in all the British FIS races - English, Scottish, British, & Welsh (non FIS) plus any others his coaches can get him into.

I've posted a few pics of him (hopefully in time for the calendar selection) if you want a viewing. (he's 15 now).

Thanks for all your info.

Skidad_2007 snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy