Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Turin Airport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It seems a lot of people dont like turin airport, im just wondering why?

Ive used it about 7 times in the last 5 years. It has improved significantly. I dont know why people always complain about it.

All airports are a place of waiting and queuing. I prefer much smaller airports and detest big ones like gatwick and heathrow. So i think Turin is a rather nice airport, especially with the backdrop of snowy mountains.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Christopher, I can take or leave airports, Chambery departures has to be one of the worst, and Charter flight arrivals at Geneva. Turin has usually been OK though when I've used it. we use Geneva a lot these days as we can fly direct from Newcastle, and we can't do that to Turin.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Christopher, I agree with you - and it worked well for us getting to Champoluc, when we had to fly. Car hire return was a 'mare for a while though!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Murdoch, I think we have missed the car hire return sign on more than one occasion. Geneva has to be the best place for car hire. Desks immediatley in sight when you leave baggage collection, and cars easy to find. Return is very good too.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Helen Beaumont wrote:
David Murdoch, I think we have missed the car hire return sign on more than one occasion. Geneva has to be the best place for car hire. Desks immediatley in sight when you leave baggage collection, and cars easy to find. Return is very good too.

Yeah we've had that problem, but no problem in the end. Managed to find it.

Only thing i wish there was a good rail link to the main railway station in Turin (Pouta Nouva).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Had a few 'mare's in turin. Its basically too small for the volume of charters that it takes in season. Three years ago I spent literally 2 hours queueing successively for check-in & security. Right grumpy security staff too (no doubt they breed them in France and bus them in Very Happy )

It WAS better last year, but I think it was just luck. I never look forward to it. Probably better if you avoid the package deals and therefore don't transfer Sat\Sun.

These days i prefer to chopper in to meribel (no.........not really Very Happy )
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've never heard all this about Turin before, I'm flying there in January, so I guess I'll find out. It can't be any worse than Friedrichshafen at the end of the Christmas week Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RachelQ, you will probably avoid the main transfer days for your short break, so it won't be too bad. Not a lot of choice for eating in there though, and they have a strange system (or did) where you had to pay for a drink at the till, then go to the bar to get it . Not looking forward to having to take Richard there on Dec 29th to catch his flight home though. #
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've never been charter, for other flights Turin has always semed much like any other airport except the car rental which is even slower than usual and they take a long midafternoon break which you need to avoid.
Oh yes ,and the petrol station at the airport my be unmanned and I have never worked out how to use the pumps, fill up on the autostrada before you get there.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ohhhh how could i forget the cafe!!!
After 2 hours of queueling for check-in and security.....i then had the pleasure of double-queueing for a bite to eat.
The 'system' goes like this....

Step1: Two large lines of english people form, with everyone soon discussing whether this is the 'right queue'
Step2: News filters back from the front that some sort of 1980s-eastern-european-style queueing system is in place and there are in fact TWO queues. One for ordering and paying, one for collecting the grub.
Step3: 50% of people slowly realise that they are in the wrong queue and immediately begin to switch
Step4: Suddenly it feels like i am in the middle of a convention of Daily Mail readers as people spontaneously start to snigger at the inefficient Italians and say that it would never be like this is heathrow\Manchaser\Wigan\Sutton Coldfield

etc. etc.

It was an absolute pleasure...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tips on eating at airports:
1. don't
2. er ...........

Having said that, I can recommend the salad bars at both East Midlands and Manchester's north terminal. Pleasant surprise, both of them.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lizzard, eating at airports gets me into too much trouble these days, so I tend not to.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy