Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

risoul

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hello all

thinking of risoul at feb half term.Has anyone any experience of this resort ? In particular,
are there many shops /restaurants in resort ?
is there a bus link to vars ?
What is ski range like, we have absolute beginners and experts in same group !

thanks for your help.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
its really expensive compared to anywhere ive been, in all fairness its many years since i have been but really expesnive, snow was excellent! right enough its the only ski resort i have been to in france...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skitrish, however, it will be quite reasonable compared to the bigger French resorts, so don't let that put you off. Hubby and son have skied there for one day with friends. Enjoyed their day but they don't think the skiing was particularly challenging. PLenty of shops and restaurants as far as they remember.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Helen Beaumont, yeh? Didn't realise you can get much more expensive! Once I went to Banff i never made it back to Europe
Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rossfra8, I haven't been to Risoul, so I can't say for certain it is cheaper, but other nearby resorts certainly are. Banff is too far for a week for a family trip though, and there's all that travelling to the slope on the bus too. I like Banff too though lift passes were far more expensive there.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tell me about it! Where in europe can you get a coffee on the mountain for a quid though? I don't know I did Banff for a week when I was 11 and apparently I loved it.. There was a thread on lift pass prices and i think it was top 3 of every resort mentioned in terms of expense for alift pass!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skitrish, http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/resorts/gssg/resort.asp has a review of Risoul. http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/resorts/gssg/readerfeedback.asp?intContactID=44734&strOrganisationName=Risoul
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skitrish, I did a season in Vars several years ago, skied over to Risoul a lot. There are enough restaurants and bars to keep you happy for a week, most of them on the front de neige with a nice view of the slopes. There were a couple of small supermarkets, maison de la presse, tabac and several ski shops, I seem to remember. It wasn't particularly expensive (we ate lunch over there several times, so it couldn't have been!). There wasn't a direct bus link, and driving from Risoul to Vars takes ages anyway - much quicker to ski it.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Risoul is cheaper and more attractive than most French purpose built resorts. There are lots of gentle confidence-building slopes for complete beginners which all lead back to the 'front de neige', a horseshoe arrangement of shops and restaurants. More experienced skiers will have to make full use of the whole linked area with Vars (around 150km of pistes I think) and the abundance of (slopeside) off piste skiing. There are enough shops, restaurants and bars to keep you fed and watered for a week but it's not the resort to head to for nightlife. I don't think there is any direct bus link with Vars although it might just be possible to get there by changing at Guillestre, however anyone from early intermediate onwards can get to Vars and back on skis.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I really have to disagree with Rossfra8, about it being expensive. We have had two trips to Risoul in the past 6 years or so, and both times have been because it has been cheap and cheerful. Much cheaper than most French purpose built resorts at that altitude.

We paid about £60 each for a week's accommodation, 4 sharing. Can't really expect any cheaper than that!

Check out the resort report thread for my more detailed feedback!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Deliaskis, it's the only French resort i've skiied as i said therefore perhaps only comparitivley expensive to others!

Ross
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Rossfra8, no worries, I just thought I would add my experience. It would seem to me really odd if Risoul ended up being mythically branded as a expensive resort!

D
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skitrish, you could also pop across to Les Orres - I think the skiing there is a bit more challenging.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I stayed in Risoul in an on-piste chalet about 3-4 years ago now. Had an excellent time, though it was when I was still in ski school so probably not the most challenging. The resort had a well stocked convenience store, and a few restaurants, though we were self-catering so didn't eat out loads. They had exhibitions in the evening, and generally a good atmosphere. It was much more French than most resorts I have been to, and I cannot remember it being expensive at all. Would definitely recommend it. Travel time (from Turin) was pretty long, but other than that it was great.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy