Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How do Hijack a thread about the mental needs of a skier, whilst being clearly mental whilst.......

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Megamum, I would doubt the intent, just the common theme. I'd like to talk about me, but that's all about Pork, Footie, MTB and Plastic.

krunchie63, I think you're like me, trying to be like you, only we're the same so i'm you, if you follow me. Laughing

halfhand, I've got no fat mates, but loads of chairs in the dining room. wink

Wear The Fox Hat, Me too mate. Although i'll open a bottle of Japanesse Whisky with any fool. Laughing
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SMALLZOOKEEPER, So are you ever the worst in your ski group - personally I doubt it.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER, love the title edit Toofy Grin wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I'd be a fool not to drink what's open in front of me.

You may be a better skier than me, but you are still prepared to talk with me, and that's worth raising a glass...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Megamum, In Cham' always unless i ski with Seb or NZK.
'C'mon Boys, pop that in your tiny little early twenties pipes.' NehNeh
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wear The Fox Hat, Raise that glass again and we might just forget going skiing!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Megamum, Last time i start a thread, it's like making room for your fat mate on your sofa, then getting up to realise when you come back, you need to take a chair from the dining room to sit back down. Laughing

I'm a fat person, and this post in itself probably constitutes thread hijack, but I just wanted to say that you're incredibly cute, even when you're being grumpy. That is a very, very cute analogy. Have a drink on me. Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Variety is the spice of life, isn't it? I've got the most out of skiing with people who are better than me - we've skied things I might not have tried with people of my own level and I've learned a lot by watching. In fact, in the few lessons I've had, I've got as much out of watching a better skier as I have form the direct instruction. That said, I can remember a few times when I was a relative novice feeling completely outclassed by a group and that's rather depressing - you feel you're a burden and are killing other people's fun. Of course, it's nice to get a ego boost by being the best in a group from time to time.

These days I seldom get to ski with people who are significantly better than me. I'm at the kind of level when people who are genuinely good skiers are in a different class to me but you see very few of them about...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The 1st time I skied with my wife was on our honeymoon in the dolomites. I knew she was a better skier than I was, I just didn't realise how much better.... My skiing record is one of playing catch up. The end result is she doesn't have to wait quite so long for me at the lifts.
The bad news is that No1 daughter (12) is now better than me and No2 daughter (9) is catching up.
At least I don't have any macho hang up about having to be a better skier than any woman in the group!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PsychoBabble, having realised that my son's skiing would improve much faster than my own, I decided that it was part of my duty of care towards him, to ski 3 times as often as he did in order to stay ahead that bit longer (he's still catching up though Confused )

I'm sure Mme PsychoBabble will understand completely that you wish to ski a couple of extra weeks this year for the sake of her and your daughters - it's the only sensible thing to do Wink

Back on topic though, I've skiied in groups where the 'leader' was in too much of a hurry and the back marker would struggle to keep up. The leader would take off and the faster members of the group would try to keep up; eventually he would manage to get just out of sight of everyone and, objective achieved(?), pull up, usually on a little mogul or something at the edge of the piste and wait for everyone to catch up. Well rested by the time the last of the group arrived, as soon as they did, he was off...
I'd see the backmarkers sigh, tired at trying to keep up, and getting no rest between 'assaults' on the piste. Over the course of the afternoon the backmarkers peeled off one by one until there was no-one left.
In this context I'm not sure it was very good for them not to be the best in the group. I think it demoralised people one by one.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PsychoBabble, from your use of phrases such as "wait quite so long for me " and "catching up" I surmise that you (and admin, and many others) equate speed with ability.
I'm not sure this is so.
Both my kids are way faster than me, but there are still some slopes (moguls for Rosie, ice for Tom) that i can do better.
I realise that in a short time even that small consolation will disappear.
So it goes. snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Regrettably faster and better technique Embarassed
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
"If you can't spot the muppet in your group, you're probably the muppet". Wisdom learned a few years ago on BASI course - I was said muppet rolling eyes

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Mon 10-12-07 16:17; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dg3, good one Toofy Grin , i was a very big muppet on the course i did this week.... but had fun none the less
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy