Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss snow conditions

Poster: A snowHead
It peed with rain all day with us at 1050m but was snowing a couple of hundred metres up the hill. The villages will be looking spring-like - slush and mud - but the hill should be back in great condition...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That agrees with what I saw, though I don't know the exact altitudes involved. When we arrived, it was raining pretty heavily in Unterterzen. As we went up in the gondola to Tannenboden, just shy of the lift-end the rain turned to snow (this was hard to tell from inside as there was so much water on the glass!), and it was snow all the way up the hill after that.

I just looked at the webcam again:
http://www.flumserberg.ch/winter/de/news/livecams.htm
And it looks pretty much the same today as yesterday.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Didn't bother on Sunday with all webcams showing fog. I watched the Slalom from Adelboden instead and it was sunny there Shocked
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Weather forecast looks better now. A bit warm and Foehnish this week but then snow 'til 700m on Saturday and nicer on Sunday Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nessy, nice Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
http://snow.myswitzerland.com/snow_reports/Zermatt%20-%20Matterhorn/res601.html
http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Zermatt/3day/mid

ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
slikedges, uh. Is that good Puzzled
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nessy, I'm with you....I have no idea what that tells me! Embarassed
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nessy, rungsp, sorry, will be there in a couple of weeks, as I'm sure will others, and, well, it's all part of my over-excited build-up and this is just a convenient place for me to keep coming back to look at it Embarassed It auto-updates every 6 hrs and at the mo is showing some snow (poss 30cm) at resort level around the 12th of Jan, with the chance (still not clear) of further snowy precipitation in the following week or so, and without too much wind around.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
nessy, rungsp,
Important bit is the bottom graph / bar-charts ... Niederschlag = precipitation = snow
FYI On the top graphic the upper graph is the temperature at c. 1500m (left scale) and the lower graph is precip.(right scale)
The lower meteogram shows cloud cover (wolken); pressure(bodendruck);wind strength & direction(wind);temp min/max; something else; precipitation
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'd say the "something else" in the second chart is relative humidity "relative Feuchtigkeit". Not sure how to read it though Confused
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
michaelc, Blue skies and empty snow covered pistes here today, just took five mins out to let you know.... X
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Blimey Frosty are you still in Flumserberg? If you are still there this weekend be prepared to here plenty of English spoken. It is the first weekend of the Zurich International Ski Club lesson programme.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I was out in Flumserberg again yesterday (saturday) and today. Yesterday it was snowing hard all day. Visibility was not bad though, as there was no fog/cloud, and the inclement weather was more than compensated for by the quiet pistes and great snow. First run of the day there was actually lots of powder all over the pistes as the piste-trucks (not sure what they're called properly) hadn't finished their runs, and all day there was lots of soft stuff in pockets on-piste and within centimetres off.
Today (Sunday) the weather was beautiful and clear. Snow conditions were still excellent, but things got pretty crowded at times.

Forecast for week looks like more snow, which could mean another good weekend coming up. Only negative in the forecast (to my untrained eyes) is a higher temperature at end of week, mixed with rain. Still, that's quite some time out so we'll see how it goes.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
No need to interprete GFS charts, the 5 day weather forecast from last Tuesday proved to be totally accurate i.e. snow on Saturday, sun on Sunday.

I had a fabulous morning at Hoch Ybrig today. Skied the great carving runs there until they got totally cut up and then switched to the ample powder Smile
ski holidays
nessy, home now so dodged the ZI ski club, it was very quiet when I left but heard it was going to be busy. I now have an ikea strain injury having assembled furniture for about four weeks every night but had a blast and will be back in Feb for half term for ten days. planning a visit to Hoch in feb too.
snow conditions
Frosty, let us know when too. Am planning to meet up with Cathy in Laax on 16th Feb if anyone's interested, but will be up for Hoch almost any time, work permitting (and assuming he's around I'm sure Powderhound will be too - if anyone can keep up with him!)
latest report
eng_ch, mmm Powderhound...methinks I need to wax my ski's if I'm meeting him and perhaps buy a small jet pack Very Happy
snow report
Frosty, small??? Laughing Laughing Hell, I'm still chuffed to bits that I kept up with you guys down the Fuorcla the other day Wink
snow report
eng_ch, it was a pretty fast run down (unless your Powderhound who probably thought it was a leisurely stroll...), hows the ligaments ?
snow conditions
Frosty, all well, thanks. So annoying, everything else was working well. BTW we did the night skiing on the Fri - that was weird. But tremendous fun
ski holidays
And how did you enjoy Flumserberg then Frosty?

BTW If anybody wants some Dominator Zoom wax I've got some coming from spyderjohn in industrial quantities.
ski holidays
Additionally I thought it was a bit quiet in Hoch Ybrig on Sunday but now I read they reckon there were a million viewers for the Lauberhorn downhill on Swiss telly.
ski holidays
nessy, huh, it's usually busy as hell when I've been up there on Lauberhorn day. Some folks get all the luck - I was sitting here working, dammit
snow report
nessy, we had a great time thanks, we've found Flumserberg to be still very friendly and proving excellent for us as a family. Frosty junior no 1 (age 6) has made great progress with the ski school who we have found to have (we think) a very high standard of tutition. I've heard the director of the swiss ski school in Flumserberg is a technical advisor on teaching policy nationally so this probably helps. We've settled into the new place nicely and conditions were great locally, we've not found it too busy at week-ends (so far) other than the 2nd Jan which was the day we went to Laax for the "mini, fairly early season super fast ski meet up" or the MFESSFSMU as I like to call it. Laax was pretty busy too (as was everywhere I think) on this day. Thanks again to eng_ch for bringing us all together, I have some photos to post tonight after work the ones of Powderhound are a bit blurred though....... Very Happy
ski holidays
Frosty, Laax that day was the worst I've ever seen it tbh. Would love to see some pics - didn't exactly have time to take any myself
ski holidays
nessy wrote:
BTW If anybody wants some Dominator Zoom wax I've got some coming from spyderjohn in industrial quantities.

We'll have some wax if you have spare - what's the damage?

The Snowheads effect - now I'm buying wax from men on the Internet Shocked Laughing
latest report
Flumserberg today was rather wet lower down, and a bit icy and windblown further up.
A drop in temperature and some new snow would be nice!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I was at Flumsi yesterday (Sunday). I thought the pistes were still in pretty good shape considering the heat wave. A bit crispy first thing but soon they thawed back to a kind of packed surface without getting wet. Mind you I left at 1pm.

Getting cooler from Tuesday and maybe some snow above 700m
latest report
Conditions seem to be holding up well. There is a crowd of us gathering in Hoch Ybrig this weekend to do some avalanche awareness refreshing - use of Pieps, search patterns and junior slope analysis if anyone wants to join...

And this was yesterday...
ski holidays
So was this...
latest report
Powderhound wrote:
There is a crowd of us gathering in Hoch Ybrig this weekend to do some avalanche awareness refreshing - use of Pieps, search patterns and junior slope analysis if anyone wants to join...

Can't this w/e but would be interested sometime in Feb if we can organise a session?
snow report
Great photos!
Guess I was over-reacting a bit last saturday Smile

It would be great to join on the weekend for that course but unfortunately I'll be away.
Will be out on a slope somewhere near Zurich (Flumserberg or Hoch Ybrig) the weekend afterwards though.
snow conditions
You guys let me know when you are about - perhaps when Frosty is back in Flumserberg - and I'll get some stuff together and we can a half day's play in the snow somewhere quiet.

Talking about avalanches of course...

Maybe I should open a new thread and see if there are others interested?

michaelc, we are always here (Hoch Ybrig, on the Oberiberg side) so let us know if you are coming up...

And this might be a reason why....!
latest report
Powderhound wrote:
You guys let me know when you are about - perhaps when Frosty is back in Flumserberg - and I'll get some stuff together and we can a half day's play in the snow somewhere quiet.

Talking about avalanches of course...

Maybe I should open a new thread and see if there are others interested?

Sounds good to me
snow report
yep me to, I'm look into getting a bus to Hoch from Flumserberg.
snow report
Or we could do it in Flumserberg of course, if Frosty has room in his flat for some theory lessons, which would take about a couple of hours or so, max...
ski holidays
Powderhound, Flumserberg on a weekend?? Shocked BTW I presume we can organise mutual dog-sitting etc. assuming all goes to plan with everything else?

Frosty, or train from Unterterzen and beg a lift?
snow conditions
eng_ch wrote:
Flumserberg on a weekend?? Shocked

Good point - revoked...!
snow conditions
If I have a week or so's notice, I could do a Friday or mid-week (dunno if R could too, the more notice the better for me and I can keep the day free). But maybe Frosty could let us know when it is he's in Flumsi? The we can work around him
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy