Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Quirky suggestions for the week before christmas?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've got a week booked off for the week before christmas, normally go last minute to Val d'Isere, but would welcome any other suggestions for quirky places to go skiing in that week.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You could try an exciting tour of the UK's dry ski slopes. A new mountain every half day and no worry about snow conditions.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Milton Keynes?? Little Angel Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Define "quirky"... but...

La Grave - few lifts, fewer queues and even fewer pisted runs... ?
Champoluc - book a night in the refuge in the mountains... (not done it myself but on my list...)
Heli-skiing Monte Rosa.
Ski in a tutu and change your name to Sally for the week (not on my list!)...

...what do you want?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
La Grave sounds good.

Basically wanting some suggestions that are a bit off the beaten track.

I do the third option every friday evening, down Nottingham docks...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have featured a Rufuge with heaps of Qurkiness and James Bond attitude! It belongs to friend of mine and is situated on the outskirts of Alpe d'Huez, the only access being helicopter, piste-basher, ski-doo or off-piste. And if you fancied La Grave for the day then its only an hour and a bit away!!

Have a look - and the prices as you want to go before Christmas might be a little flexable (normally about Euros a night), even if its out of your budget have a look so you can tell others - its a really speacial place!!

Sarah
www.mountain-logistics.net click on For Something Really Different!!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kramer,

Don't want to put you off La Grave if you want to go. But a couple of things you should be aware of.

It is low down in a steep sided valley and would I imagine be a pretty dark place in December.

There will probably not be a lot of other skiers around in Dec., it is best skied in company if you cannot find a group with similair abilities to yourself you may be either frustrated and bored or exhausted and disspirited.

Personally if I was looking to ski it at this time of the year I would try Deux Alpes or Serre Chevalier depending on snow conditions and go with an off piste group from one of these resorts for a day or two.

Afraid I don't have any really quirky suggestions but if I had the time to go off by myself at this time of the year things I would love to try are:
Learning to Telemark
Getting some intensive one to one instructon from a good teacher to set myself up for the year.
Going on an avalanche awareness/ off piste course.
Skiing the Hannenkham
Trying a glitzy resort like St Moriitz
Trying all the areas around Innsbruck.

Never done any of these so cannot help on the practicalities if they appeal.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great suggestions, I've been meaning to learn to telemark for a couple of years now, perhaps it's time to bite the bullet. As for the avalanche awareness, I'm already planning some more off piste tuition this year, similar with the one to one tuition.

To make things more complicated, two friends have now expressed an interest in coming with me, and they're absolute beginners, so perhaps if I was telemarking then they would be able to keep up with me?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
www.tele-masters.co.uk I did a beginners lesson at the Xscape and loved it. I skied for 10 years, boarded for another 10, time for a change. Tele-masters do weeks away too.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you do go telemarking let us know what its like I will have to give it a go before my knees pack in Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Was just on the phone to my friends about it, they've only done one week each of normal skiing, so if I can resist temptation then I may well do it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy