Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sunshine Village

Poster: A snowHead
Bones, So will I! Staying at the 'Inn'
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just took the following report from the Skibig3 website - looking forward to hitting the slopes on Sunday................

11 inches of new snow this week!

A fresh blast of winter weather in Banff National Park brought in over 11 inches of new snow this week. So far this season, over 13 feet of champagne powder has settled on the tri-area resorts. The snowfall is set to continue this weekend with heavy snow storms in the forecast.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Paul Holland, My trips dependant on my knee Sad If going planning to hit Kicking Horse and poss. Panarama too Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The forecast for this week is looking good acording to snow-forecast.com. The 6day shows loads of it upto the weekend
http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Sunshine/6day/top
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

The forecast for this week is looking good acording to snow-forecast.com. The 6day shows loads of it upto the weekend
http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Sunshine/6day/top

Hey, 6-day forecasts are now free for non-members, thanks stevev
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Hey, 6-day forecasts are now free for non-members, thanks stevev

Just seen this on the site
Quote:

Monday Feb 4th 16:00. We are currently making the transition to NINE day forecasts for members (and free SIX day forecasts for non-members). It will take several hours for the new content to become live/stable and for additional freezing level graphs to be generated. In the meantime, please enjoy the extension of non-member forecasts but treat the new long range forecasts with caution. Lastly, We are please to report that it is snowing heavily across the Alps and 10cm or more has fallen across most French and Swiss resorts this afternoon.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Are Delirium Dive and Wild West Freeride areas still closed at Sunshine??

I heard that the avalanche risk is massive this season due to unstable snow layers and they may not open at all!!?!? Sad

Heading out there early April.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looks like Sunshine got quite a bit of snow over the last week. Just what I like to see.

The webcams look like it's snowing today as well.

How's it looking Solarfish, haven't heard from you in a while
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Looking nice and snowy again today, forecast for more thru to middle of the week, 13 sleeps to go!

Any news on the ground?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stevev wrote:
How's it looking Solarfish, haven't heard from you in a while

POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWDDDDEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR!

well it was yesterday anyway snowHead

Best conditions yet this season, only problems were poor visibility (due to more snow falling wink ) and the fact that Angel chair is out of commision after breaking down on Saturday and people having to be evacuated by rope when the temperature was -25C Shocked But all a very professional operation, nobody hurt and last person down after 1.25 hours.

Delerium Dive still not open and may not open at all this season because of avalanche risk even if more snow does fall now the base isn't there.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Angel chair is out of commision after breaking down on Saturday and people having to be evacuated by rope

Yikes, I won't tell the wife abut that one, chairlifts are the worse parto f the day for her.

I noticed a lot more snow falling recently. As long as it clears up for the 23rd it can snow all it like up until then Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Keep, it coming solarfish, especially the Pow, need some for when/if we get there Smile
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
7 sleep to go until I get there
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Didn't go today, should get out either tomorrow afternoon or Monday if I get this silly stuff called work done Sad
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
First day in Banff for me, went to Sunshine. No worries about the snow, there is loads of it. It looked pretty bisy but then it was Sunday. But was suprised to find hardl any queueing at the lifts. Longest we waited for was around 2-3mins. Mostly we skied right onto the next chair.

Off to Louise tommorrow

got a great upgrade on the hotel room. Somehow managed to get a suite instead of the double we expected, result Very Happy
snow conditions
stevev, nice one on the room upgrade, where are you staying Very Happy Hope you have a great trip. Are you going to go over to Kicking Horse?
What are the snow depths like and is there any forecast?
snow conditions
Well today at Sunshine it was overcast and a dusting of new snow (at bloddy last). After the powder the other week we have had perfect blue sky all last week. Since the Family Day weekend the snow has been getting more compact and startibng to get icy. Pray for new powder.

A couple of runs now have Marginal signes up - in other words rocks on the Cleavage and Pocket runs.

I spoke with a patrol dude the other day and was told that it is highly unlikely that either Delirium Dive or Silver City would be opened this season due to the poor base layer (which is like sand).

So far about 15 deaths due to avolanche this year. There was a funeral today for a local 26 yr old who was cought last week. Crying or Very sad

Hoping for some snow tonight.

Off to Kicking horse on Thursday.

Out of the three fields here (Sunshine, Louise and Norquay) the best snow is at Sunshine. However Norquay is great for fast mogles down the North American. The challenge is to do 35000 ft in one day.

Let it snow tonight Pleeeese. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Quote:

Let it snow tonight Pleeeese

no snow that I can see out of my window.

We did sunshine yesterday, and louise the day before, both had loads of snow on the intermediate runs. I did notice the signs on some of the harder rocky stuff.

High at louise today is forecast as -1, that's almost european !!!
snow report
It snowed last night and most of the morning. Plenty of fresh snow at Louise. We are off to Sunshine tommorrow. Louise is only claiming 1cm ob=vernight, but from what I saw there was a lot more than that, all the slopes had fresh snow.
snow report
Well Thursday at Kicking Horse was perfect. Snowed in the morning and cleared up in the arvo. Plety of snow in most places although my head did find a rock just off a cornice (glad for my helmet).

Friday at Sunshine was perfect. Nice fresh snow and they opened up the Far Side off Goat's Eye. Brilliant. In the arvo though the wind did pickup at the top of the Standish Express.

When I left on Sat it had snowed overnight but was warm and fine.

back in the UK now and preparing for Flims on Thursday. Wich I was still in Canada though.

Cheers and enjoy the rest of the winter.

Cool
latest report
Delirium Dive opened this week according to the Sunshine website. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
BrightonSki wrote:
Delirium Dive opened this week according to the Sunshine website. Twisted Evil
Yes it is open, we saw a few people over that way over the last few days.
snow report
Typical. Just after I leave. That will explain why the ski patrol were skiing it on Friday with explosives. Oh well will have to wait till next time. Cool
latest report
Are Goat's Eye Mountain and Wild West areas also open??

Hope so ... snowHead
latest report
goats eye is open, including the hard stuff off to the right off thetop of the lift.

I think wild west is shut.

There seems to be some avalanche risk in the off piste areas. at louise the alpine area above larch lift was all closed off due to avalanche risk yesterday

I am travelling home today, weather looks good, but no snow forecast.

The final conclusion is that there is a lot less snow than our trip last year, but on the stuff we were doing, blue and black, things were still pretty good. On the harder stuff and off-piste things were looking a bt bare in places.
ski holidays
stevev, good summary. Conditions are dissappointing only in comparisson with what other years have offered in these resorts. There are no brown patches, not much ice and only very recently has the temperature high got above zero. This is still a great place to ski and and the worst most people are likely to experience is hard pack. We are heading for another cold spell now (http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Sunshine/6day/top) still not much in the way of fresh snow forecast, but at least that will protect what is there during the Spring Break next week. Of course the (relatively) flat East coast has broken all records for snowfall this year Sad
snow conditions
The locals were telling us that March is usually when they expect warmer temperatures and lots of snow, not much sign of it so far though.
latest report
just back today from 2 weeks in Banff. 3 days at Lake Louise, 7 at Sunshine and 1 day at Kicking Horse. Kicking Horse had by far the best snow, I think 25+cm the day before I went there and given that it is so quiet it doesn't get tracked out so I am sure it will still be good. But god, how steep is that place. I don't know what the guys grading the place were smoking, some of the blues, especially the one at the top of the Gondola on the left should be a black diamond, one little mistake and a 75ft fall....... and it's called a blue. Worth it though, the powder bowls are great.
Both Sunshine and Lake Louise could do with more snow. That said, there was a 5cm "dump" at Sunshine on Sun/Mon, the conditions were really good on Tuesday and with the wind blown snow there was lots of powder to play in off the side of Strawberry and lower down Angel.
Lake Louise is pretty much bullet proof right now, it's not bad if it warms up, European Spring Like conditions are the order of the day. We didn't venture over to the Backside or Larch as the conditions weren't that good. I even dumped my board for skis one day at LL in a bid to ensure my wrists wouldn't become a victim of the mountain.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cooooool... not long now Very Happy
snow conditions
11cm forecast overnight, and more later this week. Anyone there now can confirm?
latest report
looked at the webcams a few minutes ago and there's been a dusting...
snow report
couple of buddies were there today, more than a dusting-15cm was awesome today apparently. was at lake louise myself and it was super good-broke out the ARV's
snow conditions
15cm in last 24hrs apparently...

http://www.skibanff.com/conditions/snow_report.php

snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
Warming up slightly but no sign of a dump on the forecasts. Flying out on saturday. Laughing
ski holidays
It has been snowing most days for the last couple of weeks though. We fly out on saturday too Very Happy

9cm in the last 24hrs.
latest report
Fingers crossed for a really big dump fri/sat then ... Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy