Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton for a second week Skier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am going with a group of 13 to St Anton at February half term. Whilst the majority of the group are confident intermediate skiers there is one member of the party who only has one weeks skiing under her belt. Is this likely to be a big problem? Which areas would you recommend in St Anton for this skier?

I have also heard that Lech is much more suitable, we are staying in the Nasserein area of St Anton how long is it on the bus too Lech?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pmercer, Well if it's booked she will have to make the most however non ideal. It is not necessarily the easiest of resorts for near beginners but as always a lot depends on the snowconditions. I would imagine at this stage she will be having lessons and the ski school should be showing her the best places. There are a few gentle runs in most of the areas except for the Valluga. There is some great uncrowded easy skiing up at the top of Stuben but to get there a near beginner would have to use the bus. The pistes back down aren't easy.
Lech has some good easy stuff above Oberlech the bus takes around 30-40 minutes from memory, but it might not be the best option if you don't know the area, the runs down to Lech itself are not the easiest. Personaly I would rely on the ski school finding the best stuff for her they have a good reputation.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
T Bar wrote:
The pistes back down aren't easy.

That's for sure, especially after a skinful in the Mooserwirt or KK!

I think the moguls that form on the runs home would be a killer for a novice, Rendl isn't too bad as good and wide in places and easy to get to from the village.

I think the answer is don't tell them anything and they won't be worried and if they see everyone else going down the mountain it builds confidence!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
These guys are on there first week so why not, theres plenty of easy terrain.

http://www.skischool-arlberg.com/english/kinderwelt.html

http://www.skistanton.com/english/kikiclub.html
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
One thing about St Anton for a new skier regardless of the slopes, they will be sold for life on apres ski alone!!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ive worked in the resort for a few years, and one thing i always tell beginners is, rendl is probably the best place to go.
Nice, wide terrain and generally not that busy. Ok it's not that big, but great place to get your ski legs going
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pmercer, there are some beginner slopes in Nassarein, but not much to get excited about. After fresh snow even the easiest slopes on the Galzig side get massive moguls. I would recommend that you try and ski Rendl, Zurs and Lech which are all much quieter and easier slopes. The bus to Zurs takes about 15 minutes, and Lech is a little further. From Nasserein you need to catch the ski bus into the main bus stop in St nton and change there for the bus to Zurs.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Is the skier brave and confident game for anytihing-if so she'll get by and have fun. If of a nervous disposition she will hate you all Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stantonrider wrote:
ive worked in the resort for a few years, and one thing i always tell beginners is, rendl is probably the best place to go.
Nice, wide terrain and generally not that busy. Ok it's not that big, but great place to get your ski legs going

what a baby Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
best thing to do is to go to ski school. It is all day in Austria, and the instructors know where to take you for lunch. That way everyone skis to their ability safely. Lech is great for first weekers, and the ski schools take pupils there for a day out.St anton is not for the faint hearted, far to many gangs of men with death wishes there....point your skis downhill and the devil be on your side!!! On Toofy Grin the plus side, being a male orientated resort, females in resort have plenty of choice Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pmercer,

You may find my post below interesting as the replies are quite informative and cover the differences between St Anton and Lech quite comprehensively.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=724725&highlight=#724725
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy