Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'Huez....

Poster: A snowHead
Now over 100 cm at resort level and looking good on the webcams Very Happy Anyone out there already?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Got to wait till feb, so excited though!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dr. Will, 2' in our village, Oz, at 1350m today according to a friend who winters over there Going green Roll on 27th December!!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We cleared over a metre of snow off our balcony this morning that had been accumalating over the last few days and it is still snowing now snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sounds like paradise
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
are there frequent avalanche deaths in the alpe d'huez area??
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
lasnico17, more people seem to get themselves in trouble from getting stuck above cliff bands then falling off. there are lots of places that look like wide open untracked powderfields but then cliff out
that's not to say that there isn't plenty of terrain that could avalanche. the col du couard is fairly notorious but you really need to know where you are going to find yourself there in the first place
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Few pics taken this afternoon Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Top of a tree!
(not sure how to rotate it!)

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 11-12-07 17:23; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
No parking sign - just!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looking good. Out there 26th Jan. Anyone else?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
we are out on 19th Jan for one week. Still haven't sorted accommodation yet, thinking about staying Oz. But if anyone can suggest a large 2 bed or small 4 bed place, it could well be ADH. 4 blokes needing bedding!
I am concentrating on La Plagne at the moment for Xmas week.

Greg
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wow lovely pics. For some reason the snow report has knocked 40 cm of snow off the top slopes (from 140 to 100) in one day so there seems to be the same amount of snow at the bottom than the top- is that because they have been clearing snow for avalanche protection or that it has been extremely windy on the glacier? Roll on the 2nd Feb!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Out there on 2nd February.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
horizon wrote:
Out there on 2nd February.

Have you been there before? Where are you staying?
latest report
Been there only for a couple of days with bad snow.

Staying in a flat on the Rif Nel avenue.

I'll be there with my wife (beginner), parents (intermediates) and son (fast improving) - but I want to do some skiing by myself so happy to meet for some skiing.

I generally like to go offpiste, but let's haggle Toofy Grin
latest report
Cool well I'm going with a virtual beginner (who is however taking dry slope lessons at the moment and keen to improve) and he'll probably be taking some lessons in some or all of the mornings when I would be skiing on my own.

I'm technically a lot more used to on-piste skiing (can happily ski any run in any condition, the steeper and faster the better) but I had a great week of group off-piste skiing lessons in Chamonix (within a 1km or so of runs rather than completely in the wilderness) so am not averse to off-piste skiing, just don't do the whole cliff-jumping or setting off avalanches thing! Am keen to test out my recently acquired Salomon Crossmax V12 skis in off piste as well as on piste conditions and improve my powder skiing so am sure we can work something out, and guiding is cheaper for 2 people than 1! I'm staying at Hotel Castillan on the west side of the old town.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 12-12-07 18:30; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
I've e-mailed you but it's best to delete your e-mail address from here - spambots may be able to harvest it from the site.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy