Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 Valleys Snow Watch

Poster: A snowHead
skimottaret, OK, will keep a close eye on my helmet.

Take care with your head!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skimottaret,
Quote:

generally ok

Good.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skimottaret, I arrive in Meribel on Friday night after the ticket offices close. Are there likely to be large queues for passes on Saturday Morning?

I didn't buy in advance because if conditions are OK I'll stick to Meribel Valley, if not i'll buy the 3V pass.

Looks like it will be good if I stick above 2000m.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
skimottaret, hope the head isn't too sore! Sounds like a good'un!!! Dare I say you missed some spectacular conditions today (pics to follow at some point...).. Take it easy.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
offpisteskiing, oh, how beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skimottaret, sorry to hear you had a bad fall. Good luck with your recovery.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
offpisteskiing, yeah it was a pretty good un indeed! first time in a bloodwagon for me but couldnt stay in and was out all day today eating paracetemol. i think i saw you at the avalanche camp in courch in the afternoon?? at least it was someone that looked like you. we had a great day taking it easy and skiing some easy between piste stuff which was just glorious. Combe de saulier first thing was great with well more than the advertised 5 cm in places. knee deep powder was had in many spots in courchevel and not busy at all today.

up4it, i dont know about meribel centre as i am based in mottaret and it is generally not a problem with queues. you can always just get a meribel pass in advance and upgrade on the days you wish to go further afield. it was quite cold last night with great light new snow, bluebird today and more snow is forecast Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
And a couple more:

latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
another great day on piste... the combe in courchevel was absolutely perfect this morning with freshly pisted grippy snow all the way down. also the wide pistes coming into 1650 were in good nick and nobody on them so we could really rip some big GS turns....

snowed hard up high late this afternoon but getting warm and the runs down to mottaret were very very soft and slushy. just stopped snowing and around 6pm and heading over to VT for a high altitude bash tomorrow.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fearsome winds at hight altitude on the Peclet Glacier at Val T. brough Hempelman-Adams to mind more that Bode Miller this morning and quite a lot of the lifts were shut. Plenty of good soft snow on the more sheltered slopes of La Masse, but a long lunch and early home today with fingers optimistically crossed for better tomorrow, more in hope than expectation.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
yeah VT was breezy this am maybe 50kph but good snow off funitel grand fond although wind scoured in places. VT centre very very busy and not very nice . best pistes were variante and portette, christine not too good wth ice in places.

Run back into mottaret on lac de la chambre was excellent with medium to heavy snow above around 2200 and raining hard in mottaret centre this afternoon
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Great day today with soft snow early on on piste, rather heavy & wet between the pistes. Still squeaky at altitude above Val T and Les menuires, but a 17oC slushbath fo the home run.The forecast rain failed to materialise and after sun needed in lavish quantities. More snow forecast tomorrow / saturday. The pistes are amazingly empty, and we have only seen one blood wagon all week so far (not yours skimottaret, are you feeling back to normal co-ordination, not tiring too easily I hope?) in the slush on the way home today. Best of all still here on Saturday for a days skiing on transfer day
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Martin Nicholas, concurr on snow, squeky and grippy in places but mainly good softish high on venturon and lagopede pistes above mottaret, rain/sleet below about 2200. soft coming into mottaret and wet slush in the centre.

only skied half a day as had to go back to doctor in mottaret around 1:00 with very bad blurred vision and light flashes and black patches around the periphery of my eyesite. was sent to albertville with a suspect detatched retina. however after the opthomologist exam was given the all clear on the retina problem and only have junk floating around in my "gelatine" due to the head trauma. barred from skiing with a dialated pupil, but may have a go tomorrow anyways Toofy Grin
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Good snow either side of the Glacier chair and under the Col chair in Val T. Pistes not too bad most of the day, even the blue back down to Mottaret had held up reasonably well considering...
snow report
PS skimottaret, take it easy man... give your 'squidgy stuff' time to settle down...
snow conditions
Good morning snowHead snowHead . its chucking it down outide my window in Les Menuires this morning, and if it keeps going as forecast those of you coming out tomorrow will have a great week. snowHead
ski holidays
offpisteskiing, Martin Nicholas, rain has stopped and it looks good from my window. Using what is left of my brain, yesterday will be the last day of skiing this year.... thanks for the advice...
ski holidays
skimottaret, Good luck with the recovery. Guess you must be feeling quite rough to call it a day but there is always next year. Concussion is an injury to the brain, it is the only one you have, take care of it.

Best Wishes.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
skimottaret, Good luck with the recovery. Guess you must be feeling quite rough to call it a day but there is always next year. Concussion is an injury to the brain, it is the only one you have, take care of it.

Best Wishes.

Seconded.
snow report
About 10 - 15cm of fresh and heavy stuff up top of Les Menuires today, just a couple of hours clear in the middle of the day before it started ashing down again, closing the upper lifts. A further 3cm on the previously clear bacony in the last 20 mins, and getting colder snowHead
Last day tomorrow Sad
snow conditions
skimottaret, hope you feel better soon - no more chances to get out again if a quick recovery happens? Anyway sensible decision!
snow report
Martin Nicholas, Thanks for the updates. Hope you have a special last day snowHead
latest report
it has been absolutely hammering down snow for the last few hours and the EOSB ers should have great conditions, along with the lucky ones who arent leaving till sunday. wink

stevew, no skiing, played it safe today as visibility was poor and slushy in places so cut my losses and hung out all day and bought some ski gear and packed up the apartment...
snow report
Another 5-10cm of cold powdery snow at resort level this morning, brightening up nicely for my last day of the season, snowHead
latest report
Signing off for the season as a snow reporter with news from our circuit today. Late link over to Mottaret via the Combe du Valon - 10cm powder on top of yesterdays groomed snow. Up the Saulire - great conditions al the way down to the Lac at 1850 where we went up the Coqs and dropped in to Meribel via Col de la Loze - snow on the trees all the way down, powder as far as the altiport then humid and heavy into meribel and up Tougnette. Again ood at midstation,humid down the Lievre, then back over to LesMenuires with some fresh turns between the piste in broken sunshine and home to Les menuires. Only problem remaining is that the restaurants next to are accommodation are both now shut for the season. it looks as if I will have to leg it to Rberty for pizza. You can't win them all, but a fab last day for 2008
snow report
Just back from 4 days in Meribel and conditions are fantastic, since Friday there has been 30cms or so down to resort level, all runs complete and as of 2.30pm yesterday hardly any slush, unheard of in April. Obviously one warm day would put pay to this but the resort seems sure to close with the best depths of the winter.

Higher up there are amazing conditions, especially on deserted slopes over Tougnette and down into St Martin and Les Menuires. I skied Jerusalem 4 times in succesion and didn't see another soul. Very Happy
snow conditions
Snow conditions in Courchevel were great today. Spent the day off piste in the bowls and ridges above the different stations. Not very busy so plenty of room to put down fresh tracks on the new powder. In the morning the snow was light and easy to ski, as the day went on it became heavy in the sun and started to form a crust when the sun went down. They say more snow is on it's way. What an end to the season you can still get right down to all the stations, amazing for late April.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
my friend in la tania reports being able to ski out of his chalet down the red to the gondola, something we've not been able to do for the past 4 years!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy