Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 Valleys Snow Watch

Poster: A snowHead
spent sat and sun skiing all over the 3Vs with Johnnyboy

overall I'd say conditions on piste are good Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I didn't mean to alarm. The grass and rocks I referred to are at the sides of the pistes, where they are not maintained and this being lower down the valleys, like La Tania and Meribel, particularly in the areas that are fully exposed to the sun. Higher up there is complete coverage, it's was just getting pretty hard and frozen.
There's still plenty to enjoy.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snow conditions are still very good at the mo'. Definitely getting firm on piste but off-piste still very good, lots of soft snow (if a little tracked) to be found on Northerly aspects, been getting plenty of soft turns and the odd section of untouched stuff this week. Forecast is to stay warm and sunny next 2 days, with a front coming in wednesday soir or thursday....
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Phew Happy Thanks for the reassurance!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Spent the day in Les Menuires and managed down to Saint Martin today. Really slushy mid afternoon - like skiing in April. Clouds didn't make an appearance all day, so bets are on for any snow tomorrow..... Puzzled

Pistes are skiing very fast, still good fun - can't complain (too much... NehNeh )
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Went over to Orelle today and found the whole of that side has been completely blasted by the wind... Much the same for the higher stuff in Val Tho. Still softness to be found off la Masse, and plenty of soft stuff in Mottaret (still putting in sections of fresh tracks this afternoon)...

Weather forecast is cloudy then clearing tomorrow, followed by snow down to 400m, rain/snow limit rising to 1200m (according to a pisteur mate of mine). Not sure how much is expected though.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
any updates form the trois vallees?! Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
davejsy, There's some good pics on www.latania.co.uk Looks excellent. One week to go!! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
davejsy, been away in Switzerland for the week, but apparently there was 40cm of fresh earlier in the week. By all accounts things are holding up very well....
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
In La Tania / Courchevel / Meribel until yesterday. Last dump was earlier in the week, still plenty of snow everywhere - BUT I was glad we were there last week not this coming week, as you can see the snow melting in front of your eyes in the villages in the bright sunshine. Having said that, I think we were spoilt, and just yesterday I started to notice some icy patches at the end of the day. It has been ridiculously warm most of the time, but I think there's still plenty of snow even if it does thaw a bit more. What the hell, it was ski-ing wasn't it?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi all, slightly off topic, we may be coming to meribel 24/2. I know some school's are on holiday, is it likely to be any busier there than say Chamonix? And is there much queing for lifts (I remember having to queue last time I went, but that was 5 years ago)?
Thanks
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Here's a brief round up after week 1 of half-term...
Considering there hasn't been any fresh for a while conditions are still great. Courchevel is pretty much all in good condition, even the runs down to Le Praz have been fine at the end of the day...Meribel - 'Courchevel-side' is pretty firm (and crap grooming this morning as we whizzed through en route for Val T) - 'Belleville-side' is holding up really well, Mt Vallon etc all good barring the odd stone in the top 100 yards (plus ca change). Combe Tougnete was still rocking at 4 30 pm most days last week, as was everything in the shade in the afternoon.
Val T...well, passed through there today and it all looked pretty firm really. Didn't ski the pistes though apart from Marielle so can't comment.

Off-Piste, still some softness to be found in Courch and Meribel valleys if you go looking for the shady bits that haven't been skied too much. Val T has been wind ripped and stripped...Chaviere was as grey as I've seen it for a while today...Gebroulaz down to pralognan gave some nice soft stuff with some crustiness around as well...

Grand beau temps forecast until at least middle of week, but at least temps are staying good and cold...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oh yes, and Les Menuires/St martin holding up all right as well though a few rocky bits here and there on the popular Les Menuires reds (allamands etc). La Masse still very very good as of Friday lunchtime..!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just returned from La Tania where we spent half term part 2. Whilst the Courcheval pistes were holding up well considering the last snow was 20 days ago, icy patches were beginning to appear on the La Tania blue run into the village and the run as a whole was becoming less a pleasant ski down and more of a necessary obstacle to overcome. With no snow due for at least the first half of this week the deterioration of the pistes is bound to continue. Runs into Meribel and Mottaret were typically well skied and starting to show wear and tear.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Skied down to La Tania today - snow very heavy. Conditions much better higher up with a few cm of fresh last night, Saulire good. As offpisteskiing said, La Masse has good snow, but offpiste down to the Lac very skied out and mogulled.
ski holidays
brill high up, slushy lower down. Bit of a pond developing at Chadanne, muchos speed needed to clear water infested area. A few slopes starting to show signs of wear and tear, and its been too warm for canons - glad I'm here this week as oppose to next week,although hopefully some snow will be on the way to freshen things up.
snow report
Raining this morning down at Villarlurin (between Brides and Moutiers), now starting to clear a little, clouds breaking. Radio Meribel is reporting a little fresh snow on higher slopes.
snow report
Skied at Capelets (far eastern side of 3V) yesterday, snow relatively good. Coming back into Meribel valley, Pic Noir open, but barely, and tetras closed. Heading for Mt Vallon this morning, report later.
snow conditions
Well, didn't make Mt Vallon, couldn't see it!!! But few cm of fresh snow above 1800m, runs from Cote Brune good, weather has been brightening as the day has gone on. Good fresh snow on the Saulire side of the Meribel too, above Inter-Saulire. Very heavy further down.
latest report
Skied La Masse, Cote Brune and Mt Vallon today - all of the higher reds in superb condition considering that it hasn't snowed significantly for a while. Locals are forecasting heavy snow Tuesday and Wednesday, and looking forward to fresh powder on Thursday Very Happy
latest report
About 10cm fresh on upper slopes this morning, and it's currently snowing again down at 600m, temperature is dropping Very Happy
snow conditions
bug left yesturday..The snow though was good higher up (sadly everybody else knew that) and very poor lwer esp Mottaret, Les Menuires..v slushy lower down, so much so I didn't bother with La Praz or 1550.
ski holidays
Great conditions today, both on and off piste. Combe de Saulire and the couloirs were particularly good. Slush all gone at village level. Has been snowing on and off throughout the day.
snow conditions
Fantastic conditions today Very Happy Great fresh snow all over. A handful of runs remain closed.

News on some the Courchevel black runs:

Jockeys, down to Le praz is closed, but just about skiable.
Tetras (Meribel) is also closed, but skiable with care.
Chanrossa - closed but skiable (choppy)
Suisses - excellent
Combes Pylones - v good

Creux (red) is fantastic, as are the runs off the Saulire. Couloirs have plenty of fresh snow, but getting chopped up this afternoon. Over at Meribel, the runs at Mt Vallon were fantastic this morning, especially Combe Vallon.

Sunshine and blue skies all day today
ski holidays
Patch,

Hi Patch,

Thanks for your posts, have been reading them with interest as I am heading out to Courchevel Le Praz on Sunday. We are beginners so are hoping to use the close(r) green slopes (I think) around 1650, do you know what condition they are in? And is there snow in the actual village? I'd love to know if you don't mind, I can't really get my head around what snow in other places mean for (selfishly) 1650!

Thanks,

Mirjam
ski holidays
I skied above 1650 yesterday, and conditions were great. I didn't ski down to the village itself, so can't say what the lower runs were like, but snow is generally good at 1650 metres. There is snow in Meribel at 1450m, so I am fairly sure you will be OK at 1650. Hope you have a great time. For today's report, see the 'Black Friday' thread on 'The Piste'.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 7-03-08 18:47; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Generally good conditions throughout the 3V on piste, though worth avoiding lower areas (below 1700ish). Off-piste is in good nick, though anything not North facing is fairly hard & lumpy underneath. Creux Noirs bowl, Lac du Lou from the Brequin, Les Avals have all been awesome the last couple of days *warning: this doesn't mean they'll be great OR safe in days to come...* More snow due early next week, here's hoping its as cold and light as this last dump.
snow report
Couple of pics from the last few days:

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
offpisteskiing, god that looks absolutely awful.... how do you tolerate those crowded slopes? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
red 27, it's a tough job...
snow conditions
Overall, conditions were very good today. However, a number of Black runs remain closed, including:

Tétras (Meribel)
Bosses (Meribel)
Chevreuil (Meribel)
Jockeys (Le Praz)
Grand Couloir (Courchevel)
Chanrossa (Courchevel)
Léo Lacroix (Les Menuires)
Pylones (Les Menuires)

Although this may seem like a lot closed, almost all reds and blues are open, and in fairly good condition, except those down to the lower villages (e.g Les Allues). The reds around 3 Marches and Mont de la Challe were excellent today.
snow report
Mirjam,

I just came back from 1650 today. 5 people out of my group were beginners and took lessons in 1650. The first two days were very slushy and therefore not great to learn in, but it snowed on Tues & Wed so conditions were better. Snow cannons were switched on later in the week. The instructor said there was more snow forecast for tomorrow (Sun) through to Wed, although I gather its going to be light snow, so that should be quite pleasant for your group. The upper slopes around 1650 should be grand for you later in the week. It was quite busy this week with kids groups but I think they are all back to school next week, so lifts and pistes should be quieter than this week. Have fun, we did!

T.
latest report
Yesterday - great conditions above 2000m but very heavy lower. Big slush on the runs back to Meribel in the afternoon. Mt Vallon good but crowded yesterday. La Masse equally as good, and less crowded. Over at Courchevel, Grand Couloir is open.

It snowed overnight, I don't know how much yet - report later.
ski holidays
It's throwing it down Very Happy
ski holidays
View from the front door in Bozel this morning:

(This was all green yesterday).
Meteo france calling for 30-70cm of fresh over 24 hours, then staying cold with more precip but strong N-ish winds. Should be a great spring at this rate!!!
ski holidays
Still throwing it down here.... needed chains to get home, at 700m.

Loads of fresh snow in Meribel, but windy higher up. I'd guess at an average half meter since yesterday.
ski holidays
Well, it cleared up today, even saw the sun once or twice, fantastic snow, through several of the higher lifts were closed (Mt Vallon, Cote Brune). It started snowing again about 15 minutes ago, and its coming down hard; real light fluffy stuff Smile
snow conditions
Outstanding conditions today, both on and off piste. Low cloud at times, but some sunny spells. Almost all runs and lifts are open, including some that have been closed for many weeks now. And it's just started snowing again !!
snow conditions
news from http://www.latania.co.uk

Condition are so great at the moment that runs way down below the ski resorts were possible at the weekend. Usually only skiable for a few days every season the itinerary run via St Bon right to the valley floor at 600m was skied (and boarded) by a group of La Tania locals yesterday. Led by Gaz and only getting marginally lost, they're all pictured on the bridge in Bozel
snow conditions
Quote:
Usually only skiable for a few days every season
??? With the exception of the last couple of weeks I've skied back to Bozel most days after work pretty much every week (when I've been working in Courch) since December-time... It's in nick far more than people realise...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy