Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Decent shops in Wales/Bristol area

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Fingers crossed my passport turns up teh Stab will be shopping soon. Any good shops in Wales or Bristol?
I know City surf cardiff and what used to be extreme pie, legends I think it's called now. In bristol I know TSA, I think it's TSA, next to some ski shop with a girls name. Then there were a couple at the top of park hill that were cool.

Anything else worth a visit?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stab, there's a large Slush & Rubble on the outskirts of Bristol - ono the Filton road as you come in from J16 of the M5.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Barry ski lodge is pretty respectable on west side of cardiff.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bristol:

Snow and Rock - Filton - usual overpriced, full of punters in fur coats Happy

TSA - Whiteladies Road/Black Boy Hill, similar but can have some good gear.

Best shop in town by far - BSB Snowboarding, Old Market. One off shop run by boarders/windsurfers (Sister shop Windsurfers world). Burton, Forum, Lib Tech and APO boards. Basically top gear selected by lads who know what they are talking about.

Geronimo extreme sports, North Street, Bedminster..... this place is ok'ish, never actually bought anything from there though.

That should do you.

Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Robbof wrote:
Bristol:Best shop in town by far - BSB Snowboarding, Old Market. One off shop run by boarders/windsurfers (Sister shop Windsurfers world). Burton, Forum, Lib Tech and APO boards. Basically top gear selected by lads who know what they are talking about.

is that anywhere near rollermania?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I bought my boots from Coyoti in Cowbridge http://www.coyoti.com a few years ago. They were very helpful during the 3 hours we were there. rolling eyes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Apart from the aforementioned ones, I used a store which I *thought* was in or near Clifton/Hotwells. I really cannot remember what it was called or even the street. Looking at google maps and yell.co.uk still doesn't help me remember. Unless it was in Southville or Bedminster? It was over 10 yrs ago since I was there, so memory is a bit hazy. Maybe a Bristolian Skier/Boarder might remember? Of course it may not even be trading still.

The other one I used was Marcruss store on Hotwells road (A4), which is an odd mix of wintersports, camping and outdoor stuff that probably varies a bit by season.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stab wrote:
Robbof wrote:
Bristol:Best shop in town by far - BSB Snowboarding, Old Market. One off shop run by boarders/windsurfers (Sister shop Windsurfers world). Burton, Forum, Lib Tech and APO boards. Basically top gear selected by lads who know what they are talking about.

is that anywhere near rollermania?

Nowhere near mate. I had not even heard of that place but just looked it up on the map...you are talking about Park Row.

Old market is down behind temple meads station, check it out on Google maps:

URL - http://www.bsbsnowboarding.com/

Cheers
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Andy - there was a skate/snowboard shop near the triangle - but I think its gone now... will take a look again more closely next time I drive past...
Didn't know about the old market shop - will go check it out!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
'the store' on park street sells skating stuff, and lots of Westbeach, Spy ....

Andy's shop in Clifton may well have been Mountain Air, Waterloo St in Clifton (back street opposite the Clifton Club squash courts/scouts second hand store) - now sadly defunct, previously in Welsh Back before redevelopment as a hotel.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
poma, That may well be it. I could vaguely recall it starting with M but no more. Would have been Clifton, not Welsh Back (which I think is round by Floating Harbour?). I just remember it being a shop with lots of small interlinked rooms in some kind of terrace.
Shame it's gone, but I have to admit to using S+R, since it was right outside work (used to work at Filton), and directly opposite the pub we frequented at lunchtime. They built the S+R complex whilst I was there.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy