Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Munich Airport - Transfer to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi, I am hopefully going to get a flight to Munich, what are my options for reasonbly priced transfers to Austria, at the mo anywhere will do but wld prefer Hinterglemm/Zell/Kaprun. Albeit they are easily accessed by bus.

thanks Very Happy Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cforcat, How long are you going for.. Might work out cheaper to rent a car...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is a U-bahn station at Munich airport, and the train to Zell is a fairly painless affair. The station printed me out an itinery when I bought my ticket and all ran smoothly. From Zell you can change on to a bus to Saalbach or Kaprun.

I know that there are a few airport transfer companies, but I guess from Munich they will be quite pricey.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
These people http://www.vorderegger.at/ do airport transfers, as do http://www.holiday-shuttle.at/ , http://www.taxi-oberkofler.at/hpcenter/index-hol.htm and http://www.taxizell.at/e_airporttaxi.php to Zell Am See.

From Munich it's not that cheap though, I would probably look at renting a car depending on how many people and how much gear you have. Alternatively, the train from Munich to Salzburg is quite efficient and then there are lots of options from there, taxi, train, public bus or transfer bus.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Happy sliding snowHead
D
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks for all your help.

it might be easier and cheaper just to jump the train and head for Garmisch, particularly as its only for 3 days skiing.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We'll you've probably guessed I'm from a country with no integrated public transport system. Keep forgetting about the excellent public transport system over there.. Here, you either drive or have someone drive you. No public transport..

Ignore my first post, I'm a dope. rolling eyes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dingdong wrote:
We'll you've probably guessed I'm from a country with no integrated public transport system. Keep forgetting about the excellent public transport system over there.. Here, you either drive or have someone drive you. No public transport..

Ignore my first post, I'm a dope. rolling eyes

That's not entirely true. Greyhound (or other private bus company like it) goes almost everywhere, though usually rather infrequent and slow.

It's "public" transport alright. Just the average "public" don't seem to want to use it EVEN WHEN ITS USABLE. (I'm guilty of that myself)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cforcat wrote:
thanks for all your help.

it might be easier and cheaper just to jump the train and head for Garmisch, particularly as its only for 3 days skiing.

You might also consider getting the train down to Oberstdorf to ski Oberstdorf/Kleinwalsertal. It's a bigger ski area than Garmisch, spanning Austria and Germany up on the Felhorn/Kanzelwand. There are direct trains every two hours from Munich central station, other connections with one change every hour. Nice place. Try it snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
abc, Interesting post!!! Nice to know Greyhound and Trailways are doing Saalbach this year wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Roy Hockley wrote:
abc, Interesting post!!! Nice to know Greyhound and Trailways are doing Saalbach this year wink

Yep! Just get on a boat when they let you off.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dingdong, Trains: take the S1 or the S8 from Munich Airport to the Haptbahnhof. Then either take a train to Salzburg and change to the Zell train, or go straight through to Schwarzach im Pongau and change there. The last time I caught the train from Munich to Bad Gastein last winter I think it was about 40 to 50 Euro per person one way. Look at www.oebb.at/en/ and www.bahn.de/ for more info.

I'd look into taxi transfers. I know they do transfers from Bad Gastein to Munich airport and if there's a group of you, it's definately worth it. Have a look on the Zell tourist website and see what's on offer.

Cheers
K
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kersh, Thanks... We're heading over next Thursday, providing the Aer Lingus strike doesn't go ahead! We have a couple of places to visit so I rented a car for 150 euros, which is not bad... I would definitely take the train under normal circumstances though. Hoping to get a couple of days in skiing as well, fingers crossed the temps stay down.. Smile

/dd
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
dingdong, It's been snowing like crazy here for the last few days. The most snow they have ever had in November so they claim Madeye-Smiley
It's scheduled to stay cold at least until start of next week, so I guess you will definitely find snow Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dingdong, good luck, hope you find something! Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kersh, Not on the hunt for the apartment this time... Wedding stuff... Food tasting and going to see the wedding band do play a gig. And ski of course.. Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy