Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Thuile - Italy

Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone. looking at La Thuile in Italy for a cheap holiday for one [ not for 'one' as in the posh sense put for one person lol ], can anyone recommend it or let me know what the snow conditions were like last season so i can try and use it as a yard stick?

just to let anyone know thats interested i have now booked 13 - 20th january

cant wait

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 17-11-07 9:59; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Was there mid-April, could still ski down to resort level. I wouldn't worry too much unless you are going very early or late, it is pretty reliable for snow. I can imagine it could get quite cold at the top mid-season, as it feels quite exposed, but there is tree skiing lower down.

I drove there from another resort so can't tell you what the nightlife is like.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
the ice perv wrote:
Was there mid-April, could still ski down to resort level. I wouldn't worry too much unless you are going very early or late, it is pretty reliable for snow. I can imagine it could get quite cold at the top mid-season, as it feels quite exposed, but there is tree skiing lower down.

I drove there from another resort so can't tell you what the nightlife is like.

not really bothered about nightlife as really going to try and board a bit better, still learning so dont need the off piste or anything to tricky can use the blues and get down reds at a push.

thanks ice perv
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
andybabes, I posted here
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I posted in two parts of the forum as didnt know which to put in
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It is fine for your level andybabes, with the only real drawback of the home runs being reds or blacks. You can always download by gondola. It is also relatively quiet, which is a good for everyone but especially for near beginners.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i can manage reds Shocked
any tips on eating places?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
andybabes, click http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/search.php ant type in Rascard.

La Rascard is my favourite. I know that some folks have had good experiences at others.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Another vote for La Rascard. Ask for the lasagne!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Another vote for La Rascard. Ask for anything! wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A fourth vote for La Rascard. Ask for an armchair for afterwards, the pizzas are huge and rather lovely wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fifth vote for La Rascard.

I really loved the skiing in La Thuile. I was there in January, despite the temp being +10 in La Thuile I was able to ski right down the black to La Rascard. Went there a few times.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
One of the joys in staying in la Rosiere was skiing to la Rascard in la Thuile (sixth vote) and would also recommend the Bombardinos (rocket fuel) to be had at the bottom of the Petit San Bernado lift
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A meal at La Rascard and the dull skiing, high winds, slow lifts, ice, slush etc etc is soon forgotten wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nick L,

Did you try the beer in a boot?
snow conditions
7th vote for La Rascard Laughing .

I liked the skiing in La Thuile and would go back again.
ski holidays
JB enjoying a boot

latest report
Echo the votes for Bombardini. After four of those you'll ski anything Laughing
snow conditions
They did a great job with artificial snow to get down to La Thuile. It was actuall +13 degrees.

ski holidays
Ahh happy memories

And BIG pizza

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 8-11-07 21:47; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Frosty the Snowman,

I want to go there!!!
snow conditions
johnboy, yes but you should try it on a cloudless, windless, crisp, cold day, with buckets of fresh snow
Very Happy
ski holidays
This was earlier in the day Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman,

Is that the long run down to la Thuile? Doesn't look familiar. It wasn't open when we were there.
latest report
johnboy, its the run approaching the Fourclaz lift and Roxi's mountain "shed". The "road" run is beyond the lift.

Click for high res

ski holidays
Click the enlarged photo again for high res, and to the right of TallTone's shoulder is The Matterhorn in the distance.

snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman,

Nice pic. Tall tone is a big lad
ski holidays
johnboy, Yes, bigger than Monte Rosa and the Matterhorn Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
johnboy, Just to give you some idea of perspective.

snow report
Glad to see the positive comments as I am off there in January snowHead snowHead
latest report
afcbtim wrote:
Glad to see the positive comments as I am off there in January snowHead snowHead

i am there january...13th for a week
ski holidays
afcbtim wrote:

La Thuile is great, it is when you get to that French place (who's name I can't remember that things begin to go wrong).
snow report
andybabes, when you cross the border, make sure you ski Les Marmottes if it's open. Lovely, lovely run. Chair back up is very pretty. I'm told Fontaine Froide is also worth a blast (I never managed to find it open). Oh yes and food-wise, the Tartiflette from the self-service at the bottom of the Fort chair is WELL worth the trip.
snow conditions
johnboy, see for yourself at this season's EoSB?
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, you are a cruel, cruel man. I am now salivating - and not just for the pizza but for the snow as well.

johnboy, I didn't try the beer in a boot, because, as you well know I don't drink. Shocked wink
ski holidays
andybabes, We went in early April; the snow was fine and the runs 6 & 7 down are fairly easy (my five year old could cope with it).
Yet another vote for the best pizza place on earth (but it's called Le Rascard for all you pedants). They serve a chocolate and cream dessert pizza which is an absolute must Smile
snow conditions
andybabes, How are you managing to book for one person? What sites are you looking at?
snow conditions
jb1970, I booked a few days ago through crystal (reluctanty) as I got regional flights transfers & HB for £215. I am sure there was a single supp available in the hotels, but don't think it was very much.

andybabes, We are there the week 6th - 13th Jan, so we will drink all the beer & wave at you at the airport NehNeh NehNeh
snow conditions
afcbtim,

Sounds like a cracking deal!!!
latest report
johnboy, I thought so too! Even the wife agreed I have got a reasonable proce this time!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy