Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

http://www.transfer-intelligence.com/

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone on here used this company for resort transfers from airport to hotel?

There's 7 of us flying into Milan Malpensa, which as it turns out, is an awkward number of people to arrange car hire for. I've sent them details and am awaiting a quote, but thought i'd ask on here if anyones heard of/experience of using them.

We're going to Claviere.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
why arent you flying to turin?

that is going to be a long old transfer from milan.

if you want to know anything about Montgenevre and Claviere just ask. im off to montgenevre at christmas.

GO Montgenevre might be able to help you with transfers. It is £50return from Turin, but i dont know what it'd be like from Milan.

http://www.go-montgenevre.com/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shoogly, you'd be better off hiring two cars for that distance.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
shoogly, good outfit. I'm happy to recommend them.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've used then three times, no real problems so far.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Christopher, we got flights from Edinburgh for £40 return so can't complain. We flew into Bergamo when we went to Claviere last year and hired a Merc Vito with 9 folk and luggage. Wasn't a bad journey apart from the horrendous fog when we arrived. Malpensa is closer than Bergamo so at least we're going in the right direction.

You been to Claviere before? I like it. Nice and quiet with very good skiing if you know where to look. We'll be spending a couple of days down in Serre Chevalier as well. Not been before but heard good things.

Helen, i've been looking at hiring two cars but found the above outfit on the internet and am awaiting a quote from them. Thought i might as well find out what folk had to say about them before counting them out.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
looks like winter has arrived in Serre Chevalier as well

ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Christopher, we got flights from Edinburgh for £40 return so can't complain. We flew into Bergamo when we went to Claviere last year and hired a Merc Vito with 9 folk and luggage. Wasn't a bad journey apart from the horrendous fog when we arrived. Malpensa is closer than Bergamo so at least we're going in the right direction.

fair enough, im actually staying in Montgenevre. But i love the whole area, it is rather quite even in peak season. It has snowed there today quite significantly. I wouldnt mind getting across to Serre Che as well. When are you going? How long is it from Milan in the car?

http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/mtgenevre/interface.php?pk_interface=56&m=images&r=panoramique&pk_pano=6818
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
shoogly, snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Took us about 3 hours i think. So hopefully around 2ish hours from Malpensa as it's on the same side of Milan as Claviere. I love the quietness of the slopes, especially at Claviere. Sometimes, especially off the first lift, it feels like you've got the whole resort to yourself. And the mountain cafes on the Italian side are so good. There's a wee one at the bottom of the slope from the top lift station and to the west that is brilliant. lots of off piste through the trees as well.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
shoogly, hoping to have a day over there this winter. We keep saying we will, then just stop in Serre Che.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
shoogly wrote:
Took us about 3 hours i think. So hopefully around 2ish hours from Malpensa as it's on the same side of Milan as Claviere. I love the quietness of the slopes, especially at Claviere. Sometimes, especially off the first lift, it feels like you've got the whole resort to yourself. And the mountain cafes on the Italian side are so good. There's a wee one at the bottom of the slope from the top lift station and to the west that is brilliant. lots of off piste through the trees as well.

ahhh see you can have an hour and a quarter transfer from turin with cheap flights. However you live in scotland so it isnt worth going to bristol to turin with cheap flights.

shush! keep it quiet! dont tell everyone! snowHead

I know exactly what you mean. Snow record is brillaint. It gets a ridicolous amount (its not just some marketing scam) of sun and the snow conditions are normally rather good. Last year it was bright sunshine and about 4 degrees everyday for a week in december, you were in a t shirt on the sun terraces and the snow wasnt slushy at all.

i love the area, the mixture of good food, good skiing.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy